Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I Love My Blocks!

Have you ever played a game that makes you shiver and cold sweats starts rolling down your forehead? Neh ….. stacking blocks does not have so much ‘fun’ and ‘excitement’ unfortunately but it does happen to me when I see these ‘beautiful’ blocks! Since I have got this set of block for Angel from my shopping spree, she has been so interested in stacking her blocks day and night (this is her first set of wooden blocks). Nope …… mommy doesn’t finally have a good rest while my Angel is fully occupied with something that she loves to do at the end ..... if that is what's in your mind right now :) :) Instead, she wants me to stack those blocks together with her or watched her stacking them one by one. She would cry if she found that my eyes is not looking at her or not clapping my hands whenever she’d successfully stack another block on top!!! Sometimes she would pushed the blocks and make it fall apart and want mommy to pick them up for her, sometimes she would kick them like a football everywhere in the house and wants mummy to reach out for the blocks, sometimes she would knock the blocks together making this noisy sounds and wants mommy to give her a round of applause for the music that she has created. If hubby is around, she would want both of us to clap with her for the 'high tower' she'd made and she will be smiling like an angel! She refused me to leave her sight when she is playing, she refused me to put her blocks away at anytime and she would go and find her blocks first thing in the morning when she enters the living room!!! Every minutes and every moment in a day, it’s her blocks that she wants and nothing else!! If she couldn’t get her blocks or didn’t see mommy watching and sitting with her while she plays, another crying episode (or when her tactic doesn’t work, she will be using the soft tactic which is kissing mommy on the cheek, pulling my hand gently while looking me in the eyes with this looks where you get to see in the movie “The Shrek” where the cat (Puss in Boots) put on these pitiful big round eyes staring at you, pleading for you …. ) until I give in. Oh my …….

So after 1 week of never ending blocks stacking and blocks watching I think I began to have the shivers when I see those blocks!! Cold sweats started rolling down my forehead when I see my Angel smiling and coming my way trying to pull my hands wanted me to sit with her for another session of block stacking ……. Oh my, tell me this was fun!!! Maybe for a toddler, this activity will be fun and entertaining but for a mommy who has pass this block stacking age centuries ago and having so much undone house chores …….. but instead, I have sit down with her and do this everyday and every minute of it, it really was a torturing process!! Maybe I was a little exaggerating the situations here but believe me, it was close enough. I must say that I do enjoy and treasure every moment that I spend with my little Angel and watching her playing so happily (actually she manages to stack 12-13 blocks now, not bad huh?), but I certainly do not enjoying myself with these piles of blocks!! Urrrgghhh .......

12 comments:

cre8tone said...

Wow! she can put until so high!~ geng wor~~~~~~~

Mummy Gwen said...

Caroline, I also have almost the same predicament as u ler...haha..Gwen also want me around when she is playing her blocks but I'm the one stacking those blocks for her. If I stop she would be angry.**sigh** After a while, I will try to divert her attention to something else la. :P

Lybil said...

My Sethy is 13 months old now, and he is the one 'destroying' the blocks that I stacked up for him ... and he really enjoy doing so, haha!!!

p/s: My site is here: http://lybil1.free.fr
Lybil, which appear as in the google account is my hubby instead)

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

I could not belive she can stack the blocks till so high! Great job to her!
Actually in my house, my husband love to do this stacking game with Sarah. He will use all kind of toys and stacked them high. And Sarah will be like Angel lor, "destroy" them at one go! Pengsan!
I think at this stage, she really needs mommy to give her encouragement. So, bear with her ya...Caroline, jia yu!

Serene said...

ANgel, great job!! You can stack the block so high!! Auntie Serene clap hands for you...

Julie said...

Good job, Angel. She's gonna be an architect in the future. :P

2xMum said...

Well done, Angel!!

Haha... I think boys are the destroyer type. Ryan behaves same like Sethy! I stacked the blocks for him and he'll quickly destroy the tower... sigh!

Mummy Gwen said...

Caroline, not necessary to invest on an expensive camera. Digital cameras nowadays are good enough to take beautiful pics. The pics u took were very nice already. :)

MommyAngel said...

Hi Peiwun, thanks :)

Hi Mommy Sethy, thanks for dropping by and you have a nice blog :) My Angel is a destroyer too :P

Hi JT, your hubby is so nice to play the stacking game with Sarah. My hubby will do that but not for long, and normally she wants us "both" to play with her so I have no escape even hubby is around :(

Hi Serene, Angel sure will be very happy if she knows that Auntie Serene is nice enough to clap for her too :) :)

Hi Julie, an architect?? Oh no, me and hubby have seen too many architects and we hope our girl will not be working in this line, it is so much headache!! :P

Doreen, hahaha ..... you should see my Angel and you will know she is not a girlie type!!

MommyAngel said...

Hi Mummy Gwen, hahaha .... I thought I was the only one here :P At least little Gwen's attention can be diverted easily, but certainly not my Angel :(

Digital camera is nice but a DSLR is even better. There are some effects that I just can't get out of my digital though. Thank you so much for your kind words about my pics and I guess my digital really work hard too :) Oh ... I just cannot imagine life without a camera nowadays :)

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

My husband is a "dai sei lou" (so do I), but he really enjoyed playing all the stacking games with Sarah. Maybe she has more patient than me.

MommyAngel said...

JT, that is a good sign :)