Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Angel’s Shopping Spree 310808

Oh boy, what a weekend!! I have done so much (way too much) shopping for my Angel last weekend which means mommy and daddy are officially broke!!! Can you imagine blisters were formed on both me and hubby’s hand today due to the over loaded shopping bags which we carried (apart from those in the trolley)? But I must say that “we” are having a great weekend, isn’t it Dear? (Hhmmm ….. how come hubby didn’t answer me??). Hubby seems to be overly exhausted after the shopping marathon and sleep very early yesterday, poor hubby. What do I get?? Well ….. I managed to get 5 Fishe* Price Toys for Angel. Anyhow, this is my favourite - Fish*r Price Learning Home. (Unfortunately the Learning Table is out of stocks, sigh!) I have been longing to get one of this FP range for Angel since she was born and when I saw it was on promotion for RM 399.90 plus a free toy, hubby happily grabs it.




I also got her some decent quality wooden Stacking Blocks (one of them which produce sound inside the block) and a bag of Play House Bubble Balls which I am planning to put into my her play tent which I got from the Huggies fair last month. Besides that, I am also manage to get 3 sets of very useful Brain* Baby Flash cards for Angel for around RM100++. I think it was time to start flashing those cards for my Angel and learn some new words. Most mummies have long started their little one with those cards but guess I am a lazy mom :) I hope she will pay attention to these cards as they are more colourful and with bigger pictures and wordings compare to her previous one.



Besides that, I also manage to got her a baby chair for her to sit on while watching her DVDs, also got some educational DVDs and her Barney VCDs, some additional hard cover books and loads of new shirts and bodysuit (I think at least 20 sets/pairs which I’ve totally lost count.) I got some of baby Gap and baby Carter’s Bodysuit for her for less then RM50 per piece which I think it’s worth it coz they looks so comfy. And I also got Angel’s first pair of Jeans for RM85 and another pair of Carter’s pink jeans for RM89.90 and also a baby Elle Blouse 20% off for RM69.90 ….. Quite a bargain and I think they will be very comfortable to wear too. I even manage to find a Thomas and Friend T-shirt for her, that’s her favourite cartoon character apart from Barney. Here are a few of Angel’s new clothes I bought during the weekend ….. (hhhmmm, wonder why I always went for the Red and White, didn’t realise it when I do the shopping, must keep that in mind.)



More Avent bottles and also a Lincon bottle, nipples, sippy cups and some feeding utensils, I can’t really remembered what else I have bought coz when we were home, the house was actually so loaded like a messy warehouse and I have just finished dumping all of them into the closet ….. (Oppsss …. Sorry, corrections!) I have just finished “unpacked” all of them nicely in the closet and I am so so tired now. I guess no more shopping for Angel’s stuff for a while from now on and Mommy and Daddy also need to have a good rest :) But I guess when you've become a mom like me, you'll never get tired of shoping for your little one's stuffs for long. Soon, your feet will be marching straight into the babies' deparment again automatically, won't you??

19 comments:

cre8tone said...

U really bought a lot.. no wonder 'officially broke' after the shopping... hahaha~~~~~
But nvm, when u c angel happily play with the new toys, and wear nice new attire, u'll b thinking... every cent u spent really worth!~

Julie said...

Wow! So much for Angel. She's definitely the most happy ones. So many toys and pretty clothes.

You are not alone. I'm too a lazy mommy. I have the whole set of Glen Dorman's flash cards but yet to go through it with Jonathan.

Mummy Gwen said...

Wow..that's alot of money spent for a day shopping! Haha..anything for our little ones are worth it eh. Me too always shop for Gwen most of the time haha..The FP toys are really good. Looks very hardy and long lasting too. The outfits for Angel are simply adorable.

Serene said...

Gosh.... thats a lot!!
Can keep some clothes for CNY too..

2xMum said...

Wow!! Angel is so lucky!!!

There's one outlet in Penang called Brands outlet which sells carter's, Osh Kosh etc brands at cheaper price. It's sort of reject shop.

Oh ya, today I dropped by Toys R Us and they're having sales for baby R Us items. I also couldn't resist from buying toys for Ryan... bought 2 FP toys! Hehe. I saw the Learning Table @ RM249.90 printed on the leaflet. Is this cheaper than the normal price? Thinking of grabbing one for Ryan too...Oh Gosh, I'm crazy of buying things for my baby!! :P

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

WOWW!! What a HUGE shopping!!
I like the skirt in polka dots and the jeans skirt. They sure looked nice on Angel.
Besides, I also saw the same cute romper (the first on the left) when I went for shopping on Monday.

MeRy said...

Wouh.......Mommy Angel really shop alot for little Angel. Alot of nice clothes.

MommyAngel said...

Hi PeiWun, you are so right ….. I remembered once, my mom bought a toy for Angel and suddenly asked me head home straight (that’s not her normal self coz she is crazy about shopping and going home just is the last thing on her mind) then I ask her why. She told me she just can’t wait even a minute more to see Angel plays with the new toy and the feeling is greater then she’d just bought a new dress for herself, hahaha.

Julie, Yeah? You still yet to flash the card to Jonathan? Hahaha ….. I always tell myself I am going to do it the next day but guess it’s Wednesday already since last weekend :) :)

Hi Mummy Gwen, like my husband said, sometimes I will go ‘crazy’ shopping for Angel but I think she has outgrown most of her clothes and toys so better do it once and for all lo :P :P Ya …. Don’t know why shopping for our little ones feel so good leh. Hubby even go into details on the toys which he normally don’t (you know la, men!!). But one thing I am sure is FP toys is more durable then normal toy coz my girl has done a lot of ‘smash test’ on every one of them @~@ The other normal toys which I got for her will normally broken within a week or 2

Hi Doreen, not just me leh ….. I saw someone also bought a lot of FP toys for bb Ryan oh, hehehe. Give me five!!! Thanks for the info about Brands Outlet, will check that out for sure. Ya … the priced you’d mention for the Learning Table is the normal price. But some online store is doing promo for RM229 which still has not add postage, etc so should come around to that price also la. I think it is worth to get for the little ones lo coz it seems like they can do so much with the table. I think I will get that too next time if I manage to find a good place to place the table. You are crazy of buying things for Ryan ah?? Hahaha …. Give me five!!! You know lah …. Sometimes our feet is not controllable hor … :P :P

Hi JT, ya lor ….. huge shopping spree coz already mummy already tahan for so many months ma, hahaha …… glad that you like Angel’s skirt but I think she still looks better in pants, hahaha …. Maybe it’s the hair :) :) Ya … the romper on the 2nd picture on the top left is from Pigeon if not mistaken, you saw it too ah? I always like Pigeon’s clothes coz the material is so soft. I think I have most of their clothes and Angel almost cannot fit into the largest size liao, sad ……

Hi Mery, thanks for dropping by and ya lor, buy too many clothes already this time, didn’t realized it until back home la :) Maybe will keep some for x’mas and new year lo.

MommyAngel said...

Hi Serene, ya lor ... I think I will keep some for CNY coz when I got back, only found that some are too big for Angel at the moment :P Really hard to 'predict' the size sometimes even she is with me, hehe

nicole said...

very broke!!!!! and i luv all the cloths u bought! so nice~

MommyAngel said...

Hi Nicole, thanks for dropping by and glad that you like the clothes too :)

2xMum said...

Hi-5 to Caroline!!

Yep, can't resist from buying stuff for the little ones and my shopping interest has changed and only focused to Baby/Kids section only after having a child!

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Yes, I think is pigeon brand. I like it too but the daddy doesnt like..

Family First said...

Wow .. you are such a kind mommy to your little one. I on the other hand, dont like to spend too much on my little one as I feel they outgrow them pretty fast. I recently bought a pair of Garfield shoes .. good buy!

MommyAngel said...

Hi Family First, thanks for dropping by and I am not that kind though ..... I just couldn't control myself :)

Esmeralda said...

Wow... Really HUGE shopping spree for Angel lar.. How much did u spend? Must be a lot ya? Seems like I'm a bit "stingy" towards Ashton for not buying lots of things for him... Sigh sigh... Lucky Angel! :)

MommyAngel said...

Hi Esmeralda, hhmm ..... I couldn't remember exactly how much but should be more then I suppose to :( Ah well, won't do this very often la coz I also do not wish to spoil Angel with too much material belongings. I also think that this round is a bit too much, just doesn't realised it until we got home.

Esmeralda said...

Yes Caroline... If for me, if I ever did bring back so much things like that, I think the whole year I don't need to buy his stuffs lor.. Haha..

MommyAngel said...

Esmeralda, me too thinking maybe no need to stock up for Angel for 1 year too :)