Friday, June 03, 2011

Searching For Lightings

Some of the lightings in our house started playing tricks on us. That day when I am doing my readings in the living room, suddenly the lights went off and it really gave me a shock staying in the total darkness. The problems seem to be persistent even after a light bulb changed. I guess it's a good reason for me to change some of the lighting fixtures around the house as they looks kind of worn out especially the wall lighting in the living hall. Should I get a single or double wall sconces this round? They all looks so beautiful.

We have plans to buy a few more standing lamps for the reading room and the dinning area too. I find that by adding a few more lightings around the house does makes a great difference in the total ambience without having to actually doing interior or renovating work in order to get the total new look and feel. I truly believe that a few good lightings placed in the appropriate places really make such great difference for the house. It not only highlights some dull corners of the rooms which we never pay attention to before, but also make good use of some 'abandon' place which previously looks so unattractive.

Too bad that we don't have a garden outside the house. If we do, I few of the landscape lightings will absolutely looks perfect. However, we do have plans to replace our current outdoor ceiling lights to a more contemporary type of lamps. No matter what choices we made, energy saving is the main concern as these lightings would be switched on for long hours during the nights. I am glad that most of such outdoor lighting fixtures do come with an energy savings options. Hence I gets to enjoy the brightness and beautiful mood created by these lightings and yet, do not need to worry about paying high electrical bills ^_^

1 comments:

Small Kucing said...

elec tariff here gone up again :(