Thursday, January 13, 2011

My Birthday

I celebrated my birthday last week and I am officially 1 year older again.*snif sniff* Oh ya, Thanks a lot for all your lovely birthday wishes in my facebook and through SMS. I appreciate those wishes so much ^_^

I noticed that when one (I mean myself :P) gets older, celebration always mean food, food, food and more food ..... then pile up on weight! Sigh!! :( Yes … I gained 1kg due to that *wipe tears*

Thinking back to those early days, we used to celebrate with …. a nice movie in the cinema with friends? Torturing each other’s auditory sense in a karaoke? Throw a great party Inviting family and friends over and get lots of great gifts in our wish list and so much money 'ang pow' from the elderly in return? Or dancing the night away in a great disco? And having a great time chatting and fooling around till midnight enjoying our birthday doing nothing except spending money and have great fun celebrating?? Oh … those were the days …. *looking out of the window and wipe tears again*

Hehehehe, ah well ….. I’ll let the pictures do the talking :)

I have a pre-birthday dinner at the 海底捞火锅 (steam boat) inside this 金玉兰广场 and the restaurant is truly very ‘special’!! Not to be missed!! I’ll write all about it next time.



So we are having steam boat again. I am addicted to steamboat lately because they taste so good~~ during the cold winter days! I am totally hooked!!




The dishes we ordered we mainly meat! The mushroom taste great and so does the beef slices. The green colour paste on the bamboo stick was actually squid paste and the grey one was prawn paste. I ate till I can't walk that night spending almost 3 ½ hours in the restaurant having a great time while Angel was having great fun playing in their kids room too!! ^_^ I gaining a few pounds after this meal :(



I even got myself a manicure! This is my first manicure in like almost ..... 2 years time?? Gosh, that was a very long time!




And on my actual BIRTHDAY morning, I got a birthday cake from Hubby! Initially I told him I wanted a cute and special decorated cake but he said this one is special too …… O.o I think he bought me the same old cake every year.




Suddenly we heard someone is wailing out loud from her high chair! *terkejut aku!* Thought that she fell down from her chair or something .....

Obviously she is not very happy it’s mommy’s birthday and got a cake!! She insisted it’s her birthday so it’s her birthday cake that's on the table!! Of course, I am not tolerating her behaviour and finally, she settle with ‘It is mommy’s birthday alright but we’ll get to blow the candles together!” LOL



^ ^ WUAAAH ~~~ It's 'MY' Birthday!! and it's 'MY' Birthday Cake!!!!


My birthday presents from hubby :P I can’t think of anything particular that I wanted this year so he bought me few skin care, a blue jacket and handed me a ‘big’ ang pow (as he put it). Aiiiksss! But those skin care has cost him a bomb already coz the sales girl told him if buy 2 got free samples and he bought double just because of those 'samples', aiyooo .....



^ ^ Angel saw hubby drew 2 hearts on my birthday card envelope and very 'kan-cheong' asking me,”Mommy, is this 2 hearts mommy and Angel? Ya, ya, mommy? Ya?” LOL


Of course, Angel gave me 2 birthday cakes and birthday gifts too :) The one the left, she drew 2 birthday cakes for me one with strawberries on top. And on the right, that’s her birthday presents with ribbons :P So ... I guess the breadmaker that she promised to for my birthday gifts is in one of that?




So after breakfast and walking around the mall, we are having Thai Food at 广州蕉叶 for lunch. Another very famous restaurant here and normally, we have to line up for hours just to get in but we decided to went there around 4pm so no queue at all :P




Yippee!! I got another birthday cake from the restaurant!! Just flash your ID showing your birth date and they'll give you a cake and a bowl of 'longevity noddle'(长寿面). The icing on the cake was so thickly spread but we still manage to gobble most of it down. Adding a few more pounds here ..... again :(




After that, I got myself a nice warm milky “foot bath” too (足浴 as what they called it here). It’s almost the same as a normal foot massage but before that, they’ll soak and bath your foot inside a super hot bath water of your choice. I am having the ‘milk bath’ while hubby is having a ‘ginger bath’. We asked Angel to have 1 too but she refused to let anybody touch her feet so she just lie down on the sofa watching TV and running around!

So hard to relax when a kid is tagging along. The male 'sifu' there is actually the nail cutter sifu and instead of nail cutter, he is using a long blade to 'shave' (i.e. trim) my long nails ..... walau eh!! So 'geli' la! Afraid that I'll lost a toe during the process but thank God, he did a pretty good job. Phew!!




Since I got an ang pow for my birthday, so we went shopping and mommy bought a few outfits for everyone for this coming CNY ^_^

There goes my very happy birthday being a queen for the day ^_^.... and so does my birthday ang pow too (sob sob).


15 comments:

CL said...

wow... great birthday celebration... even got a ang pau... so nice of your hubs... Happy belated birthday, Caroline..

the 2nd cake, icing was super thick leh..

Anggie's Journal said...

wow, those food are superb lei, that y u gain 1kg la ... agreed with u, now all celebration must go eat and eat and eat ...aiiiiii not like lastime, we can go shopping, karaoka, .....etc ....it that means we r getting old jor ....

and not bad lei, u got SKII !!! and great ang pow ....

last, happy Birthday to u ar !!!

Angeline said...

Waaaahhhh.... Lots of pampering.. Great birthday treats and cakes. *smile* oh before I forget, love the drawings too... *laugh*
Happy Birthday!

CathJ said...

Happy bday again my fren.. Reading all those listing of memories you said.. made me smile alone.. ahhh those days huh... (same here.. giggles..)..

But frankly speaking.. I never wish to celebrate the same way again (This part is referring to the dance on the disco etc.. ;-p ;-p).. I had enough LOL!!!

Happy birthday again Carol..

wahhhhhhh... everyone got foot massage too ah.. including Angel?? hihihi...

and I miss doing manicure.. -_-

Alice Law said...

Envy leh~! Your Birthday Celebration, put on pounds also 'dai fan'(worth it), hehe!^-^

I like the cake your hubby bought, he was right, the cake is adorably cute!;D Wishing your Birthday wishes come true!

Alice Law said...

Wah~! Steamboat is actually my favourite, and your had twice for your Birthday! I'm jealous liao, lol!

Wishing you and your beautifully sweet family a wonderful weekend!

Mummy Gwen said...

Happy Belated Birthday Caroline! You had a blast with lots of feasting. :) Lovely gift from your Hubs..he is really thoughtful and sweet. SKII...wow..very expensive leh.

Vickylow said...

Happy Birthday my dear. You have a wonderful birthday celebration. 3 1/2 hrs in restaurant haha really geng. Good and nice present to pamper yourself. Oh yes the cream on the cake is super THICK. keke

MeRy said...

Great birthday celebration...

Happy Belated Birthday..

ChloeRuoyi said...

WOW, the food really looked fantastic, esp the steamboat... yums! Luckily you only gained 1kg. I think I would have gained more if I were you haha.

I like the way you spent your big day. So simple yet so special and meaningful :) Happy belated birthday to you!

Small Kucing said...

Happy Belated birthday :D

Oliveoylz said...

Wow Caroline, you were definitely pampered to the max! That is indeed a very nice birthday celebration you had. It's ok to get the same cake every year from hubby coz noticed that it's heart shaped! So sweet! Enjoy the SK II!

Oliveoylz said...

Oh dear, forgot to wish you happy belated birthday!

2ma said...

Happy Belated Birthday Mummy Angel!

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Caroline,
Happy Belated Birthday to you.

You had a splendid day with your family. Its simple and yet fun!

Angel is very guai lah, she can just sit on the chair and watched Tv while you all were doing the "foot bath".