Monday, July 06, 2009

Ice Age 3 ... Here I Come!! [2Y3M]

As you know, Angel is such an active child and even when watching her favourite educational DVDs at home, she will still keep moving on her seat, moving her pet pet, kicking her leg, touching the sofa from top to bottom, stand up sit down numerous time, jumping up and down and swaying her body dancing to the music, etc. But yesterday, we have made a daring decision to bring her out for something interesting for her for the very first time …… Angel’s first movie in the Cinema!!

^ ^ 7:05 PM: Getting ready holding Daddy’s hand going to kai-kai at such wee hour and it’s raining too …….

She was so happy that she finally gets to go out kai-kai even during a rainy night which hardly happens :) So we brought her some spinach bread for her movies treats (sorry, no keropok or sweets for Angel) before trying to get a cab. We wait and wait …… 5 minutes later still no sign of daddy with the cab and finally Angel gets impatient and decided to take things into own hands …….

^ ^ 7:10 PM: All set to go go go ……. Waiting for daddy to get the cab.


^ ^ 7:15 PM: “Aiya ……. Taxi ~! Taxi ~~!! ………. TAXI ~~~~!!!!!

So finally we arrived at Siam Paragon Shopping Mall at around 7.35 PM and straight to the Paragon Cineplex ticketing boot. We were looking for the IMAX / Digital version (superb sound quality and vision!!!!) but the show time is too late for Angel then we saw - Ice Age 3 : Down of the Dinosaurs at 8:10 PM …. Great!!!! Watching movie here is rather expensive then in Malaysia, RM16++ per person and the theatre is quite full too. When we tried to buy 3 tickets, the ticketing girl is nice enough to tell us that Angel doesn’t required a ticket and she even nice enough make to place an empty seat beside our seats so that Angel could have a seat for free :P (You know why I like Thais now :D )

^ ^ 7:35 PM: Siam Paragon … the Shopping heaven!! But we are not going for shopping this round ……..

As the entire Siam Paragon Shopping Center is putting up signs of “No Photos” in the premises like most shopping malls in western country (Hhhmmm….. I wonder why???), but we still pretend not to noticed the signs but turn our camera flash off so that we don’t get too obvious while snapping like mad :P :P But of course the photos turn out to be not so nice but what to do …. :P Once she reached the cinema, walau ….. Angel was like the monkey out of the cage ^_^ She was so excited to see the luminous flour lightings in the cinema hall, keep jumping + giggling and stepping on those lightings until she acts deaf to our calling and run and jump like a ‘loose horse’.
She was so happily wonder around and watching at the pretty lightings on the ceiling and squealing with delights!! ^_^ So after a good 10 minutes of pulling her back for some ‘nice talking’ and start her with lesson no.1 – she cannot running freely in the Cinema compound, calm her down and some ‘threats’ to go back home if she still running like ‘mad’, it did make her stand still for few seconds before her legs and body starts to get uncontrollable again. So she was zooming in between those movie patrons touching everything, destroying the maroon colour queuing bars separator (while I put them back one by one), making her stand at the corner and constantly conveying to her the dos and don’ts and yet trying not to spoil our day, hahahaha …. I think only mommies with extremely active kids will know what I meant!!! *wipe sweat*

^ ^ 8:00 PM: Finally calm down to take some decent pictures ^_^

^ ^ Ain’t those ceilings look so prestigious and well designed?

^ ^ Angel : “Mommy and Daddy, don’t be mad at me ….” >_<

So it’s time to enter the Cinema Hall ...... We were in hall 8 and she was a bit horrified when I first brought her into the theatre because it’s so dark! She dare not make a move in my arms and I managed to make her seat down on her seat for awhile (1 minutes :P :P) before she starts getting uneasy and started to get cranky. I then took our my secrete weapons no. 1, the Nestle Cereal - Honey Stars! She loves it to bits and really do not make a move sitting on the chair waiting for her snacks patiently. And the most embarrassing moments was when the commercial of the movie stopped, suddenly she shouted “MOMMY!!! MAKE~~!!! MAKE~~~!!! %%&&$$@@##%% …….” babbling loudly to me and everyone in the cinema looks at our directions giggling LOL *Sorry* So I starts her off with lesson no. 2 …… let her know that she needs to keep her voice low once entered the cinema so that everyone can hear the movie and she seems to get the idea pretty well and babbling to me softly ever since but still ‘forgot’ about it on and off which was really funny *embarrassing*

^ ^ 8:10 PM: Angel First Cinema Experience!!! A very interesting and funny movie …….. Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs

The movie was about 90 minutes + commercial 40 minutes which makes it 2 hours ++ in total. We have prepared to go home any minutes if she starts fussing. But surprisingly, she has been sitting on her seat very obediently watching the movie with me constantly feeding her the Honey Stars for the first 1 1/2 hour. She constantly giggles and exclaim to the funny scenes and uncontrollably burst out, “COW ~~!! ELEPHANT ~~!! LION~~!!” etc along the way loudly until I reminded her about lesson no.2 again *wipe sweat*. Then at the last 30 minutes, she starts to get uneasy and wanted to wonder off in the cinema and even accidentally pull the hair of the movie patrons at the front roll and starts crying but we manage to clam her down with Secret weapon no. 2, her Spinach bread and her bottle of juice but it didn’t last very long and phew .....I am thankful that the movie has come to an end finally.

So finally, Angel’s first movie experience turned out to be not so bad without any big fuss and I AM SO HAPPY!! Actually I didn’t get to concentrate much on the movie but I do think that it’s an interesting movie for kids as the story line is very fast moving, lively and extremely funny conversations, a lot of ancient animals for kids to learn about their living in a entertaining way, a lot of interactions between animals talking and playing sparking the imaginary side of a kid, no lengthy and dragging scene to keep kids interested and also with very fascinating, warm and humorous story lines + good opportunity for kids to learn good family and friends values in this movie. Thumbs up!!

^ ^ 10:30 PM: Time to go home ….. no sign of sleepiness at all!!!

When we finally make our way home, it’s already 10:30 PM and Angel is still as alert as she was during the days. We really did have a great night out with our active little girl tagging along for her first movie today and hopefully there will be more of such interesting and lively kids movies to come so that we could bring our little Angel out for another movie excursion again soon :) Today is your day Angel and another new experience accomplished!! I am sure with a few more exposure to the cinema down the lane and constant guidance along the way, she will gets to learn a good movie manners soon :)

It's not a bad start Angel, I am really proud of you :)

*Anybody watch the newest Disney Cartoon “Up”?? Is it a nice movie??

31 comments:

Merryn said...

i love this post soo much! so many cute-ies pics of angel! soo cute! can i pinch her? she's too adorable there. glad that she's finally been to the cinema. ethan's still waiting for his turn! LOL..

i doubt he'll get an empty sit next to us though! u know, malaysians.. haha

Irene said...

haha, same here, like all the pics, so many expressive pictures of angels! soooo cutesy!

oh, i wanna go for ice age 3 too! mebe this wkend, yikes, hope the lil missy will be kuai kuai if not walao here too... haha!

the little prince said...

Wah..what a details posting on Angel 1st time to cinema!!

Clap clap to little Angel!!

Angel pretty talk with her outfit ya!! :-)

I wish to bring Kyle one day if I can find my secret weapon..;sigh;....

CathJ said...

Fuh yooo... I understand your situation... hahahahha...

where are you at the moment my fren?? Not in Msia??

Oh Ice age is good??? I think will let my boy see this soon...

*Ayooo.. I fell in love with Angel each and every day!!!!!! Just look at her adorable eyes!!! ^_^

Linda said...

Wow! I haven't been to cinema for ages, too scared to go.. haha...

i guess... there will be another cinema experience for Angel pretty soon...*wink*

Mummy Gwen said...

What a coincidence! We also brought Gwen to the cinema for the first time last week but yet to blog about it..haha.

Angel's first time to the movies is a great accomplishment coz she was able to sit through the entire show. Cute photos of Angel..NICE!!

coffeesncookies said...

I think you are more excited and nervous than her right ? Start training young so you can bring her to the movies. I brought Amber to Mamma Mia and she was dancing along. Few rules I apply :
1) always get corner or front row seats so there'll be place for the little one to move about when they get restless
2) tell them the cinema is full of 'angry ppl', so don't disturb them... (hahaha, I know I am bad)
3) strings of snacks. Start from the healthy ones like bread etc and keep the worst for last resort (mentos, smarties..etc).
When I watched Terminator with her, she poured Mini Smarties all over the front seat.. .. wahahaha...

Have fun !

LittleLamb said...

UP will only be launch in malaysia in August..... yes its a HIT in the US (this is what I heard)

Mummy Ryan said...

Wah thumb up for little Angel....she such a good gal...then know how to enjoyed herself watching movie...the way she act like big gal already....i never bring Ryan to Cinema..but i don't think so my Ryan will sit quietly cz my boy very scared of loud sound....

cre8tone said...

I like the way u tie Angel's hair.. She looks so cute!

agnes said...

cant take pix inside siam paragon? I think we purposely ignored it as well the last last time.. take pix like nobody bis.. ;)

I dare not bring chloe to cinema yet, coz we are TOO SURE that she couldn't sit still at all..

Serene said...

The movie sounds not bad... Glad that Angel behaved very good the entire movie session. I wanna bring Xixi for a movie too =)

2ma said...

love angel's expression. so funny ler!! macam, macam saja *haha*

i will be watching ice age 3 with shan leo this wkend! *yeah*

Mummy Moon said...

Ah ha, so many nice nice pics of Angel. Like her girly look. I like her hello kitty top.

I also think of want to bring Yan Yan for her first movie soon...

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Spinach bread? You make it by yourself? A very healthy snack.

Angel is not afraid of the loud system? Very brave wor.

She was super super super cute when shouting for the taxi. I keep replay the video. Promise me, keep up this good job in posting this type of video.

MommyAngel said...

Merryn, ya …. Bring Ethan to the movies, this one is nice :)

Irene, Hahahaha …… I think your little missy will be doing just fine :)

Yugene, Kyle no need secret weapon la :) He is so ‘kuai’ …..

Cath, I am still in Bangkok :) Yes … Ice Age is more then good actually, you really should bring your boy to watch this :) Oh Cath, thanks for the nice comment about Angel ya :P

Linda, too scared to go because of your 2 kids? Hahahaha ….. I am really daring this time too ya :P

MummyGwen, Nope …. Angel didn’t sit through the entire show wor … the last 30 minutes was like hubby carry her then pass her to me and then I pass her back to hubby …. Kekekeke.

Coffeesncookies, You are right, me and hubby are definitely more excited and nervous then Angel :P :P How you know ah??? Wow …. Thanks for the tips …. I think I really need that and certainly will try to apply to Angel on her next movie outing :) Thanks so much dear for sharing :)
- Hahahaha ….. smarties all over the front seat ya, hahahahaha ….. normal for kids la I guess :)

Rachel, Oh ….. Up will only launch in August ya …. Ic ic …. Thanks for letting me know :)

MummyRyan, I think your Ryan is better then Angel so I think you should try and he will surprises you. Even on the plan he can sit still lo ….. my Angel can’t even sit still on the plane but she is ok in the cinema wor but not the whole time la :)

PeiWun, thanks :)

Agnes, Hahahahaha, give me 5!! I was warned for taking pictures once long time ago but this time, I didn’t use flash so not so obvious :P
- I think if the movie Chloe likes she will sit still for a while gua?

Serene, Go go go ….. Xixi will love the movie for sure :)

2ma, Can’t wait to see your post about Shan Leo in the Cinema ya ….. how abour his little brother? Will you guys bring him along too?

MummyMoon, I like her hello kitty top too coz I love hello kitty so much :) So when are you going to bring Yan Yan to the movie? Heng Heng leh?

Joanne, no lah ….. I bought the spinach bread :)
- thanks for your nice compliments ya :) Not that I don’t want to post up more videos on Angel but the uploading of the video is super duper slow due to my large video file …. This short video took me around ½ hour to upload actually ….. :( Really no patient to upload most of the time, hahahaha!

UmmiRosma said...

My kids are now bored staying at home especially during this swine flu season. Uhhhh...

I wish I could bring them to watching the movie.

Esmeralda said...

Good girl Angel...

Caroline, you're really daring lar... In that short video was Angel shouting "taxi" or "daddy"? I seemed to hear "daddy" really clear though.. hehehe... this is the first time I heard her talking so energetically... I bet you all did enjoy yourselves very much, though needless to say, you've to sacrifice your concentration on the movie.

I still have my reservations in bringing Ashton to the cinema for the following main reasons:
1) He kind of scared of the dark, so I can't imagine if we were to bring him into the dark cinema, since even at home when there's power cut (as usual), he will SCREAM (yes scream) for me, and if I'm not by his side within seconds, he will be crying!!!

2) Unless it's a Barney movie, I don't think my son can sit there quietly, since he don't seemed to fancy cartoons, even Ice Age 2... *sigh*

But I do hope that sooner when he can understand clear instructions, and THREATS, then we might take the chance and bring him along. Else there's no way we are going to bring him there since this boy still doesn't understand THREATS yet... He just don't bother about them when I did that to him.

Kristie said...

Angel looks so photogenic in all the photos, so cute, so chubby, want to kiss and hug her hehehe!

Wow u are really daring to bring angel out to a cinema!!!

Glad she had a good time :)

MommyAngel said...

Ummi, ya lor .... we are so boring staying at home already and need to get some air :P :P

Kristie, Hahahaha .... I know I am so daring this round as you know my Angel's previous records :P :P But like hubby says, the worst is just go home if she really fuss so it's not that bad at all :) After doing the mental preparations for the worst, I think everything doesn't matter anymore :) So when is Jayden's turn? :)

MommyAngel said...

Esmeralda, oh dear .... I think if he is afraid of dark then should a problem when going to the cinema (although it's not that dark still la, but who knows sometimes the screen will go blank for few seconds sometimes).

- I did show Angel the trailer of the cartoon before we bring her to the cinema and asked her whether she wants to watch and she nodded wor (am not sure whether she knows what I am talking about la but I just take that as an YES lo), hahaha!

- I think Angel also doesn't understand the meaning of threats until now coz there was a few times when she really disregard my threats to go home, I really walk her back home and sit her down where she is crying asking to go out but we just don't let her. After a few times of doing this, she knows that I really mean it :) But of course the threats do not working ‘all the time la’ ..... kids!!! :)

- I have also starting some disciplinary measures with Angel lately coz last time I will let her do whatever she likes but I think it’s time for me to set some boundaries on her behaviour too :) Of course these involve a lot of talking, explaining, acting (if she don’t understand so I act out to show her what I mean, hahahaha). As she is starting to scribble on the walls, snatch things from me, trying to cry her way out to things that she is forbidden to do, doing the opposites as we told her to testing our limits again and again, hitting on table / hitting my lap when she gets angry etc which is common act for a 2 year old. How about Ashton, does he show any sign of new development lately?

Esmeralda said...

Yeah I guess I have to let him get used to the dark scene first...

Hehe.. Angel know how to say yes and no liao? So cute...

I've also noticed some 'developments' with Ashton, but too bad it's on the bad side. He tends to scream his lungs out whenever he didn't get his ways... really is tough to discipline him now...

MommyAngel said...

Esmerlada, hahahaa .... I think that's Ashton is very on track since you said it's the 'bad side' :) Ya lor .... really kind of tough to discipline them when we really don't know whether they understand or not ..... but I know I have to try already since I don't want Angel to make it into a habit. Angel also will scream her lungs out when she is frustrated ..... but it's getting better now. She only scream when she is extremely 'High' .... so I guess kids love to scream for good or bad reason, hahahaha ....

Esmeralda said...

I guess so it's a long journey for us to endeavour our cranky, fussy, misbehaving kids Caroline... sometimes can really drive us up the wall ya...

2xMum said...

Yalo... hubby and I saw the no photos sign at the front door and we kept our camera gears once we saw the guards standing at the entrance!

Aiyo... the cinema there very nice, grand and classy!! I also watched a movie at the Cinema at Siam Paragon too!

By the way, did you experience the Thai national anthem (I think) session before the movie starts? Everyone in the cinema stood up and sang the song and movie clip about their King!! So Patriotic!

MommyAngel said...

Esmeralda, ya …. But I am sure all their naughty moments will eventually turn into the sweetest memories ever :) Nope …. She hans’t drive me up the walls lately coz I have been dealing with that for the past year so I guess I am use to that already which I don’t know it’s a good thing or bad thing for me :)

MommyAngel said...

Doreen, so you didn’t take any picture inside Paragon lo … hahahahaha

Ya ….. their cinema very very nice comparing to ours hor …… wow, you guys manage to watch a movie too ya? Which one?? Seems like you guys are having such a great time. If I were to go travelling, I will shop till the shop closed then continue with the night market, poor hubby :P

Yes, we did stand up during the Thai National Anthem (not the actual anthem but one of it – some sort like our ‘Setia’ song) the song really very nice and touching, isn’t it ? (for me it is :) ) Not only in the cinema, actually when it’s 6pm, they will broadcast their national anthems too and all who is moving (on the streets la, walking la, everything la) have stop if we heard that song ……. Even walking in Chatucak market if it’s 6pm and we heard the song, everyone will stop and stand still. I actually think that it’s very good showing respect to their country and I honestly think that their King did such a great job in helping His people and His country la. Even I myself are touched and more then willing to stand still whenever I heard their National Anthems :) :) I think their people must be and should be very proud that they are THAI! :) :)

Bonnie said...

Wow, so many mommy had their 1st movie experience with their princess..and all watched ice age 3.. :)

Haha, I experienced the shouting part too, and really feel embarassing cause people will looking at you.. ;P

So next time can bring Angel watch movie again.. hehe

p/s : the "UP" cartoon, I think not release yet..or is it already? But our next movie is Harry Potter... :D

MommyAngel said...

Bonnie, you r going to bring Wawa to watch Harry Potter?

BoeyJoey said...

Sound like Angel had so much fun :-). I brought my kids (3.5yo & 1.5yo then) to a play last December (Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol) and they freaked out when the Christmas ghosts started howling... we had to leave. So I have not attempted the cinema until now... Angel is such a good girl ya...

MommyAngel said...

BoeyJoey, hahahaha .... so funny ready your comments but I think if your kids doesn't mind the Dinosaurs, you might give it a try again coz it's definitely an interesting movie to watch :)