Wednesday, June 10, 2009

She Was Stuck!!

When Angel woke up from her afternoon nap yesterday, she was calling “Mommy~~! Mommy~~!” as normally does so I didn’t attend to her immediately as usual, and continue to prepared my dishes for our dinner. Somehow, I heard that she starts crying with a very strange tone so that’s when I start rushing to the bedroom and check her out. I see she is sitting on her crib like she normally does but didn’t stop crying when she saw me *feeling strange* So I pay closer attention and then I saw her leg ….. Oh, no wonder, I think she was stuck!!


I find it really funny at first so I quickly took a few pictures of Angel’s (When she saw me with the camera, she cried even louder :P) as to show her daddy how mischievous his little girl was even while taking a nap and then trying to release her legs from the crib bars. Then there’s when I see the problem. Her legs were stuck in a position that she can’t move even an inch to left or to the right! I tried to straighten her feet so that I could release her lower calf but I can’t as the movements of her thigh was blocked by the side crib bars and also her chubby thigh was stuck in between the crib bars too! I start to worried a bit so I try to hold her up and see whether it will straighten her legs a little and release her from the leg locking position, and then there is when Angel starts to cry even louder in pain! I quickly put her down and to my horror, she can’t get back to a sitting position anymore and if she does, those bars will press on harder on both her ankle and thighs!!


Gosh …. That’s when I start to get panic while holding her entire body weight with her in the half squatting position and me bending half way down her crib! Moving either way will makes her screaming in pain and I started thinking how to reach for my phone at the other end of our room to call hubby back to the rescue. I even starts feeling regret not to have a saw or something like that at home just in case for emergency but then when I look at how thick were those bars …. I know even I have one at home, it won’t help much either :( (Silly me!!) With Angel still screaming in pain trying hard to free her legs and I am still thinking what to do, then suddenly I notice the mattress underneath her legs! Without hesitation, with one hand still holding onto my half squatting Angel, I start pulling and pushing her mattress with the other hand and then suddenly, she legs was set loose with the extra space by removal of the mattress. I carried my poor baby out from her crib and she is still crying and holding onto her ankle with red bruised mark telling me “Pain Pain ~~” with tears still pouring down from her face, poor thing!

I was just discussing with Mommy Esmeralda the other day that we have to be very careful with our kids who normally will be so ‘keen’ to stick their heads out in between those safety handrails / staircase safety rails because when I was still a naughty young toddler, this phenomenon is a very common ‘hobby’ among our friends and we will talk about who and who got their head stuck in between those rails again and how the firemen will come to the rescue by cutting those rails apart, or XX mom have pour cooking oil onto XX hand to release his/her hand which got stuck inside a vase, etc…. while having a good laugh about it. Now that I know not only the head will get stuck so easily, even Angel’s own legs will got stuck in between her own crib bars too! But I really don’t understand how she managed to lock her legs into that locking position in the first place and can’t get them out after that? Is that what we call ‘Naughty’ or is it once of the very common “Unavoidable Experiences” of growing ups which will have more to come in the future??

Anyway, me and hubby did have a good laugh about it while Angel pointing at her own pictures and tell me “Noh~~! 哭哭(crying)~~!!!” :P Oh, Life is full of ‘surprises’!! I do hope that my ‘heart’ will be strong enough for all these unexpected events :)

33 comments:

CathJ said...

Hahahaha..thats happened to my boy..stuck on the baby chair (During eating)..cannot use already lorr...he is too BIG T_T..

hehehehe...

Merryn said...

oh dear! kesian angel! poor girl! luckily mommy is gusto can think of what to do! if me, sure panic like hell dy! phew..

Mummy Gwen said...

Oh no...poor Angel. Yeah..must be extra careful and alert with kids around the house. Gwen got her leg stuck between the crib rails before coz she wanted to get out from the crib by extending her leg out. *fainted* Now she never does that anymore coz she knows it'll be painful..hehe. Lucky Angel is OK.

the little prince said...

OMG..must be very pain pain...

Caroline, you are even better, still manage to get camera to snap photo, if I were u , I sure pengsan!! :-)

I wonder whether she want to sleep inside there or not?

Linda said...

poor angel.. melt my heart seeing her crying like that.... Angel is so cute.... haha

this mama still have time to snap snap snap...

both my girls sleep on the mattress on the floor... i have one less thing to worry, legs getting stuck or head getting stuck..

MeRy said...

Poor gal..

Y dun let Angel sleep on mattress on the floor. I let Ryan sleep at mattress everyday,safer.

Mommy to Chumsy said...

poor poor angel. hope she would be too scared to put her legs there next time. it is quite funny to see our kids like that eh? however, it is also heartbreaking :)

Mummy Ryan said...

Pity little Angel....can see from her face.. ..must b very painful...
Agreed wth Mery, why not you let Angel sleep on the matress? i do let Ryan sleep on mattres + single bed since he 20 mnths old.Thats mean his bed is attach between the wall & my bed so safer for him. Then i do put a big pillow at Ryan'leg to block him from "jump' from my bed while sleeping time...ha ha ha

LittleLamb said...

oh so heartache to see Angel like this.. i bet she wont repeat this act again by stuck-ing her leg out.

maybe time to move her from crib to bed ;p

cre8tone said...

Aiyor.. mummy first reaction is to take the camera and shoot.. not rescue her out, no wonder she cry louder.. hmmm..... Sometimes see kiddos behaviour, dunno to laugh or to cry or to panic~~~

Mummy Moon said...

Aiyo, Pain Pain lah, I can feel the pain too. Hope she will not repeat this again

ChloeRuoyi said...

Uh oh... it's Angel's turn to be stuck now (after i had my head stuck in the stool last week). And this mummy also got the blogger's instinct of grabbing the camera to snap photos 1st. Then only think of the rescue mission hehe :-D

Cynthia said...

Oh... poor Angel.. and mummy can still take photo! aiyo... but I think mummy is good in her thinking to rescue Angel :)

Sha@Mama TinaAzra said...

Wah thats horrible also ya..no wonder you panic. while Angel is crying like what..you're busy to loosen her leg there..fuh..so close kan. but thanks GOD you manage to let her leg out from there..hai..sure she scare to get inside there next time..

2xMum said...

Aww... poor Angel! Glad that she's ok.

MommyAngel said...

Cath, stuck on the baby chair? Hahahaha ….

Merryn, I did panic a bit there too but no choice, no one to the rescue!

Mummy Gwen, so …. Gwen is in the ‘gang’ too ya? But I think that time Gwen’s leg is quite chubby also hor to be able to stuck between the crib rails. My Angel’s thigh is quite ‘meaty’ too :)

Yugene, at first I thought it will be very easy to get it out so I also doesn’t think much and start taking few pictures before rescuing her lo, manalah tau ……
- Yes, after 2 years, now she is more willing to sleep inside her crib and I am glad that she did. So normally I do not need to accompany her to sleep anymore and I am not worried that she will climb here and there in our room alone ;)

Linda, crying still cute ah? Hahaha ….
- I think I will be worried if she sleeps on the floor too coz if she wakes up without me in the room with her (after her afternoon naps), she will start to go up to our bed and jumping or worst, climb onto my dressing table and mess around / opened up my lotions, etc ….. your girl won’t do that???? They are very ‘kaui’ la . ……

Mommy to Chumsy, oh no …. She starts sticking her legs out from her crib rail again this morning :(

KC, if I were to let Angel sleep on the floor, I think when she wakes up from her naps while I am not with her in the room, she will start to kacau everything in our room (open and lick my lotion) or jumping on our bed leh, it’s very dangerous! Sometimes she would opened up all our drawers and start taking all our clothes out to play with too …. Your Ryan won’t do that?
- Last time we did let Angel sleep in between us with a pillow blocking at her feet, but only the first night she already ended up landing on the hard wooden floor crying in the middle of the night! She is a rough sleeper!

Rachel, guess what, this morning she starts to stick both her legs our from her crib rails again LoL Oh … I don’t think a bed is a very good idea for Angel at the moment being seeing her sleeping pattern at the moment.

PeiWun, ya lor …. That’s part of growing up and I am ‘trying’ to enjoy every moment of it still :)

Mummy Moon, no leh .. she is doing it again this morning :(

Hweili, hahahaha …. Ya, I saw your post about your little Chloe’s ‘stunt’ too :) High 5!! Ya lor …. Must take down this funny moment so next time can show them ma :)

Cynthia, hahaha …. Actually I wasn’t thinking rationally at that moment or else, I won’t be even thought about the SAW in the first place, kekekeke …..

Sha, ya lor …. What an experience for me! Mana la tau the leg can be stuck like that right? But guess what, she forgot about everything this morning and start sticking both her legs out from her crib again, pengsan!

Doreen, me too am glad that I no need to call hubby to the rescue!

Julie said...

How she got her leg stucked until like this? Can't believe it.

Once Jonathan's hand also got stucked and he was crying. My first reaction also was take a pic then got panicked because don't know how to release him. Haha...

Anggie's Journal said...

this also happen to my boy lastime, same case .... leg stuck on the baby cot too .... :P just like that, cry very cham for help ...hihihi
but u r funny la, still got time to take pictures .... i was already panic how to get him out ... hahhahaha

MommyAngel said...

Julie,
Angie,

hahaha ... sometimes just too cute to miss that 'moments' too right? Of course if she was crying furiously I won't be taking the picture la :P She cried so 'cham' in the picture is because she saw me with the camera ... kekeke. At first I thought should be very easy to get her out but then ..... only knew she was really 'stuck'!

Kristie said...

omg! I felt so heartache too when I saw angel's pictures :( she must have really panicked!

Anyway glad she is ok, poor gal...

Lemonjude said...

Poor girl, with her chubby leg stuck, sure she can't move anywhere without help..

you 'geng' still steady and snapping there while she crying so pitiful there...

2ma said...

poor angel!! luckily u r swift!! i guess after this incident, angel will not try any of such acts again

Esmeralda said...

Poor Angel... she must be in a frightened state! Haha... and you still hv the time to snap her pics some more? If I were you, I would hv panicked liao... *cold sweat* But thank God that Angel can be set free from it!

Yup I remembered chatting with you regarding incidents with kids... I do think that we should hv some useful tools like hammer, saw, etc at home for emergencies *touch wood*

I also dunno how Angel can slip her thighs in between the cot railing. Ashton had also been stucked in high chairs (outside at restaurants)... and hubby & I were really panic since Ashton was being cranky & crying wanna to removed from the chair.

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

If me, I will panicking already.
The moment I saw the pics I also started to think how to rescue Angel. Luckily you have got the solution.

The other day Sarah's hand also got stuck inside her "masak2 teapot". Just before I tried to pour some water soup into it, she able to pull out her hand. Relief!

MommyAngel said...

Kristie, ya …. I am lucky being able to get her out too :)

Judy, hahaha …. Must keep the ‘precious moments’ and show to her daddy and to herself when she gets older ma :P

2ma, fingers crossed!

Esmeralda, at first I didn’t think that she is really stuck so I was still happily taking her pictures to show her daddy lo :)
- oh dear, I really hope that I don’t need to use any of the tools too ….
- oh …. Stuck in high chairs when dining out? How? Never happens to Angel before leh, so how you manage to get Ashton out at the end …. Oh dear!

Joanne, hahahaha …. Really ah? Her hands really get stuck inside her masak masak pot? Ya …. Luckily you use soap water to release her hands! What a relief! So did you put that pot away from her just in case that she gets her hands in that pot again?

Esmeralda said...

I see... No wonder you took your sweet time lar snapping away. :)

Yup, stuck in high chairs.. coz his body is too big and legs are longer than an average child, some of the high chairs dun really fit him too well, quite tight (but why we are so dumb to put him in in the first place), so when he was crying away it's very hard to get him out. Well, basically hubby will be pulling him up, while I'll be the one adjusting his legs so that they can come out smoothly. So now, no more high chairs with the barricade, unless the high chairs are super-big, and without the barricade in front. Usually we just let him sit on the normal chair, but after a minute, he's on the go again, snapping away the utensils! *sigh*

MommyAngel said...

Esmeralda, hahahaha .... ya, I think Ashton is too tall for baby chairs with barricade :) Even sometimes Angel would get stuck with her own high chair too unless we carry her out.

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Actually before I managed to put the soap water into the masak2 pot to release her hand, Sarah already pull out her hand all by herself.

Yes, now I have put away the pot already.

MommyAngel said...

Joanne, hahahaha ... clever girl! Ya ... sometimes really have to be careful of what our kids are playing, I saw Angel doing some dangerous stunt with her toys too .... sigh!

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Is it? What did Angel done to the toys?

MommyAngel said...

Joanne, she got a wooden knife from her cutting set .... sometimes she will clip the knife under her chin and walking / running hands free ..... OMG, so dangerous!!! Sometimes she will also find toys in a bottle shape or something the end can fit into her mouth and put them into her mouth walking with her eyes shut! Sigh .... I really don't know what she is thinking sometimes :( So really have to keep an close eyes on her all the time now.

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Sarah also the same. She likes to hold the hanky or socks in bwtn her chin and neck and walk.
Woooo...walking with eyes shut...Really have to keep an eye.

Is Angel wearing any anklet?

MommyAngel said...

Joanne, hahahaha .... Sarah also likes to hold her stuffs under her chin ya? Hahahahaha .....

Nope, Angel is not wearing any anklet. Why?