Saturday, April 11, 2009

Mission Impossible, All Alone This Round

Busy, Busy, Busy!!!

Travelling & flying month AGAIN … Sigh!!! This round predicted at least 8 flights within a month’s time. It’s neither for work nor for a holiday, it's just how we normally use to travel for the pass year and that’s very tiring!! Sometimes I get tired of asking myself where would I be tomorrow too but as long as we could stay together as a family, I think it's all worth it :)

And also, I JUST realised that I will be flying alone with Angel in just a few day’s time!! And yes, 'Alone = Me + Angel only'!! Oh dear ……. She has not been a NORMAL easy baby since birth and normally when we travel on air, me, hubby and my mom will take turns handling her ‘endless crying’ and ‘back arching’ which at the end of the day, all of us was totally drained out. Not only when she was on the aeroplane, the same thing happens whenever we go out too where she will fuss, throwing tantrums, crying, kicking and screaming her lungs out most of the time just because she wants to do things her way, her dangerous and forbidden way and she mean it!! She won’t tolerant when we advise her nicely, coax her with toys, distract her attention with food, etc …. when she wants to do it, she MUST get it NOW and she is a real stubborn when it comes to things that she wants and want them to be done!!! So normally, when you heard that a baby (toddler now) is screaming and crying in the airport or on the plane for no reason, yup, you can say ‘Hi’ to us :P Normally our infamous Angel boarding the plane will suddenly become all ‘well known’ after the plane landed at our destination, people or tourists will start come to say ‘Hi’ to the cry baby and tell her “You have not been a good girl today, aren’t you?” LoL But what they didn’t know is that it happens almost every day in our life when we were out LoL.

If we don’t let her do it her way, she will cry out fierce and loud throwing tantrums on the spot, but if we give in and let her do as she wished but when it’s time to make a move, she will cry even louder, kick and shout even ferociously! Nope, we have tried but she just doesn’t understand or won’t take 5 minutes more / next time / we will do that again later, etc. Sometimes distracting her attention MIGHT work but most of the times, she is pretty determine on what she wants. So it’s really a loss-loss situation for us. Even my mom who is an expereince granpma said that she has never felt so ‘challenging’ handling a young kid before. Same saying came out from 2 of Angel’s previous nanny, who were happily waving ‘bye-bye’ to her after a good 1 month of service (coz can’t cope with Angel around) and another nanny even stop taking care of her after her 1st day LoL Phone calls is what I normally would received in every few days time telling me to bring my baby for a check up coz she is constantly crying - seek for attention and always wanted to get what she wants.

“With her around, I can hardly cook, I can hardly look after the other kid or even go to the toilet! I am afraid that you have to find somebody else, I am so sorry …..”

Yes, that’s the actual sentences coming out from Angel’s ex-nannies!! I used to left Angel with my PIL twice to get some errands done, but phone calls will normally rings in less then half an hour’s time asking me to the rescue coz they can’t cope LoL …… talking about ‘high-maintenance toddler’?? I have one at home! :) Only my parents can manage her so far but they were living at another state! So normally Angel would tag along wherever we go, and there will be at least one scene that Angel would be carried by hubby the way shown on the very first picture below when we go out while she cries, kicks and arches in retaliation. Only Hubby have the strength to deal with her crankiness but told me he was ‘exhausted’ after 5 minutes of exercising his arm muscles with a struggling kid crying and screaming her lungs out in his care. Or else, we won’t be getting anything done or going no where for the entire day.

So in few days time, I will be in that challenging situation, ALL ALONE for the very first time, carrying Angel’s heavy diapers bag and our important documents with Angel’s toys, drinking water, milk powder, nappies, solid etc. I will be leaving Angel’s stroller behind to coz I have no extra hands for that!! To make things worst, I need to endure the entire process from waiting in airport for 2 hours before the flights, checking in, boarding, on plane, landing and then check out with an extremely heavy luggage and a fussing baby in tow ALL ALONE in the airport for FEW HOURS all by myself, AND AGAIN check in again, boarding again, on plane again then finally check out!!!! That is a lengthy 11 HOURS of ‘marathon’ in total before I could see my rescuer at the finishing point!!!! Oh dear …. I really do not know or cannot imagine how I am going to handle that! Just by thinking of the entire processes making me feel so ‘hopeless’ + cold feet + cold sweat pouring down but I have no choice this time :( I have been accomplishing 2 years of MISSION IMPOSSIBLE all alone and I know I will have to do this for once sooner or later unfortunately. I just hope that my cutie pie Angel would ‘not be her old self’ that day!!! *praying*

Like what the song sings ………………. I WILL SURVIVE !!!!!!


P/s: My post probably will be slowing down depends on the internet connection and my schedule so please forgive me if I didn’t post as much / didn’t reply your comments or visit your blog in time ya :) However, keep the message / comments coming in and I be back soon :)

25 comments:

Linda said...

soooo scary... I am sure angel can be very nice sometimes. I would suggest that a lot of planning is very important to ensure a smooth journey.... 11 hours that is... :)

let angel know that she is going to take aeroplane with mummy alone in a few days, and she needs to be a nice girl and behave and listen to mummy. Tell her everyday, every chance till "the day"...

Let her pack her own little bag herself. sticker book, crayons drawing paper, some dry snacks, lollipop, etc. I like to mixed different kind of nestle cereals, then put in a small container for my girl.

u sure not bring your stroller? When angel starts getting uncontrollable, you can force her to sit and buckle up and start pushing and still look cool.. :) and u can still hang the heavy bag on the stroller, leaving you hands free. I can't imagine how to handle a toddler and a heavy bag, waiting in line for check in, immigration, luggage... maybe a child wrist strap?

Merryn said...

oh u are a travelling family? wow.. i've not let ethan fly yet, wont know how he will react to it. car journey is ok as he will be telling out the vehicles on the road for the entire journey!!!! but it is scary to hear of Angel's not so angelic story. gosh, seriously she's like dat? u must be the greatest mom on earth to have to endure all that! i guess she IS an angel, just that she wants things to be done HER way and only HER way. wish u the best of luck for this journey. stay strong, she will surprise u this time and be a total angel coz she knows, it is only u n her now, no one else. ethan is like dat too, whenever oni ethan n i are outside, he's a very good boy, but the moment he sees his daddy, he'll be sooo naughty! so dun worry, my guess is, angel will be fine! :)

Serene said...

I agree with above two ladies. First, tell Angel everyday that you're going to travel with her, only the two of you. I think she will be a good girl bcos she know it is only u and her, no daddy or grandma to manja with.
No worry, i belive you can cope well in this flying "Marathon".

2xMum said...

Hmm... this reminds me of our HK trip few months ago... whereby my Ryan cries the moment entering the plane and wailed all the way to request to get out of the plane. I'd to carry him around in the plan for about an hour plus... my back as if wanna break into two!! Then, in HK also whine and wants me to carry him all the time... sigh. I almost wanted to cry during the first two days of the trip! In the end... survived thru the 5 days trip...

Well, I believe you can do it! You'll survive... good luck and have a safe journey!!

CathJ said...

Where are you going my fren? seems very far...need to do flight exchange very often..

I understand that situation very well.. I use to travel with my boy alone if balik KK.. only once happen he cry inside the plane from naik until turun...gushhh....everyone look at me 1 kind...Like I am stealing somebody else child..or I dun knw how to take care of own kid.. But they will never understand...

Wish your mission complish...

Mummy Gwen said...

I truly understand your situation. Gwen used to be very demanding too. But somehow grow out of it. But on some occassions, she would throw tantrums too. I never give in to her nonsense. Yeah...you can tell her nicely that she should behave well when travelling with Mummy..... Bring some new toys to keep her occupied on the plane too. Don't worry..maybe is not as bad as you expected. I'm sure Angel will be "guai guai". :)

Mummy Moon said...

Don't worry, she has turned 2 now and I believe she will act pretty well this time. Good luck!!

LittleLamb said...

how come??? how come Angel is not familiar with flying? since u said always fly here n there? i worried for u le.. feel so stressful.. i just pray that everything will turn out fine for u.. and u can do it..with hubby or mom or urself.. u can do it...

take care.. *hugs*

Mommy to Chumsy said...

hugs to you. i am sure you will be fine :) i believe angel is going through a phase now. it'll get better as she grows older. ashley was like that too :D

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Oh my, I can imagine how tough is it...Honestly, I never handle such a situation before in bringing Sarah to kai2 all by myself (oh yes, except to the nearby playground)

Erm, I do agreed with you somehow for not bringing along the stroller, coz is not easy to push the stroller together with the luggage.

How about you tell Angel that if she is behaving well in the plane, you will reward her with something after that?

I remembered you said she likes sticker? Buy some new stickers for her and let her occupied with it during the flight?

Maybe at the airport, mommy could bring her to the restaurant and makan2 and lepak there?

agnes said...

yea, agree with all the mommies that perhaps can distract her with something she likes?

or bought something 'NEW' for her and show her the 'surprise' only when she is cranky?

i really hope everything goes well w u and angel!!! ;)

Kristie said...

caroline, are you constantly on the move and travelling because of hubby's job? do u have to go so frequently or you guys just love holidays together?

dont worry, angel will outgrow all these but I can totally understand how u feel.... i agree with u... dont bring a stroller.. it will make u more stressed!

bring more of her fav toys, of cos make sure they are light!

Unknown said...

OMG!!! Your little angel really stuborn if compare to my girl. My girl even she naughty she still able to listen to me.
Sure a tough way to handle your little angel. If she miss behave on the spot i will use other thing to attract her but it seem no use for your little angel. Huh...quite hard also T___T

Hope little angel will be obident when she grow up. Sometime toddler behaviour its hard to control. Sometime Ok sometime will shout for non reason maybe this is the only for them to express the feeling. Hard to handle ah...

MeRy said...

It is really hard to handle Angel from the stories that u wrote in ur blog....I can understand ur situation travelling alone with little Angel.I agreed with other mommies said...tell Angel that you guys are goin for traveling soon ALONE (only Mommy + Angel).Hope Little Angel will behave well during the whole journey.

Natalia said...

Are you always travel with your husband?? Wow, that's really tiring especially if you have to bring your cute Angel along.

Is Angel really that naughty??? No nannies can handle her??

I understand your dilemma when you have to cope it all by yourself without any helps. Hopefully Angel will "kuai kuai" this time.

cre8tone said...

Why you need to fly?

Anyway, hope angel will behave this time...

Irene said...

1st of all, ALL THE BEST to you. u have been coping, so im sure u can go thru this. my lil missy can be angel's buddy, throwing tantrum, shouting n crying together :(

good luck yah, hope angel will be nice to mummy tis time :)

Esmeralda said...

Uh-oh!!! Poor mummy having to drag the heavy luggage alone... You are really a determined mum Caroline... travelling alone... if I were in your situation, hubby will not allow me to fly unless my mum/someone is tagging along. Even going to KL also needs company... Well, jst hope that Angel will outgrow her crankiness soon ya... Enjoy your holidays... Btw, r u coming back to ur mum's?

Mummy Ryan said...

Poor mummy cz u need to handle Angel alone....then such a long hour flight....it remind me during our trip to Melbourne last year..Ryan only make noise when he want to sleep..but just 20-30 minutes kua..so me n hubby take turn to carry him...after tat he ok liow...Then experienced on flight just 2 person wth Ryan is when we went back to kelantan few times without my hubby..so far ok..he never cry then gv me a very good co-operation..just sit down kuai-kuai n play wth his toys...if not me oso no idea hw to handle him alone...
Mamy Caroline u can do it......dont gv up k...

Health Freak Mommy said...

Oh dear, Angel sounds pretty hard to placate. But I think it's just a passing phase. The terrible twos stage will surely be over in no time :)

Julie said...

Hope Angel everything is fine this time. Take care!

Angeline said...

are you surviving?? still breathing??? *laugh*

*deep breath* Mommy must have the last burst of power for the next few days....

sting said...

was wondering the purpose of the traveling... perhaps Angel is not ready to travel yet? and being restraint in a plane is probably not her cup of "milk"... but I do wish you all the best and hope she'll be a good girl to mummy :-)

Oliveoylz said...

Since this is her maiden flight alone with u, she may surprise you and turn out to be an angel? Have a good flight and all the best! Do let us know how it went!

MommyAngel said...

Thanks to all mommies comments and suggestions ..... yes, I have survived the flight eventually, phew! Not as bad as I have anticipated but will I ever do it again, I hope not ..... :) We’ll be back soon :)