Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Homemade Vegetable Chicken Nuggets

Angel does not likes her vegetable very much so I usually will hide them inside her ‘meat’ and so far, I am glad that it works ‘most of the time’ because as you can see, the vegetables can’t be separated from the meat so it’s either eat it or don’t eat it at all LoL. I personally love this Homemade Vegetable Chicken Nugget very much because it tastes really good. Angel loves them so much and even hubby asked me to make more for him if I were to make them for Angel again. But the texture of the nugget is much softer then the normal nuggets (because I use 1 small whole egg) and I think it is suitable for young toddler like Angel who doesn’t chew much. Just in case you are interested to know, that’s how I make my own version of Vegetable Chicken Nuggets.

** (P/s: This healthy version of nuggets are not the same as the KFC nuggets, etc :P )

Homemade Vegetable Chicken Nuggets

Ingredients:

- 200g Mince Chicken Breast / Pork Mince
- 1/5 Yellow Onions – finely chopped
- 2 Shitake Mushrooms - finely chopped
- Any Vegetables (I use the stem of broccoli this round) – finely chopped
- 1 small egg
- Corn Flour
- Pepper
- Soy sauce to taste (I did not use any for Angel’s nugget)
- Garlic powder

Method
1. Mix all ingredients together and thicken with Corn Flour to form a slightly watery paste (for young toddler), let it marinate for ½ hour minimum.
2. Heat wok with 2 tbsp oil
3. Scoop mixture into hot oil, pan fried 2 - 3 minutes on each side until slighly golden brown / cooked
4. Eat alone or serve with rice / porridge / mash potatoes


**************************************************************
For the Tomato Sauce version, that’s how I make my homemade tomato sauce

Homemade Tomato Sauce

1. Lightly boil whole tomatoes in boiling hot water for 1 minutes
2. Peel skin
3. Blend in a blender into puree (add few tablespoon of water if necessary)
4. Heat up wok with 1 tbsp oil, lightly brown 1 diced small red onions
5. Add in tomato puree bring to boil
6. Add in Sugar, Garlic Powder and Vinegar to taste (Optional)
7. Fold Vegetable Chicken Nuggets into sauce
8. Serve
* Or if you want a quick version, you can just use normal tomato ketchup instead.



Another way I am hiding her vegetable is ----->>>>



Vegetable Meat Dumplings (Wan Tan) with Mee Hoon Soup. Can't really see the vegetable in the meat from the picture above though :P but I am using lettuce in the dumplings.

27 comments:

Angie said...

wow!! Clever!!! i will try the nuggets too!! does it taste gd still after it is cooled or shd it be served hot?

2xMum said...

Waaa... the nuggets and dumplings look yummy! Mummy so clever in hiding the veges in her food... :)

CathJ said...

Thanks soo much for the recepi my fren.. ;-)

MeRy said...

The nuggets looks yummy. The tomatoes sos color look like orange in colour.Good try,Caroline!!

Family First said...

I have never made home-made dumplings & nuggets before . i shall try this soon.

agnes said...

omg.. so delicious until i wanna EAT also liao!!! slurrppp...

LittleLamb said...

awwww i m hungry myself.. i love eating nuggets... self-made type compare to commercial.. n i can eat non stop if in front of tv.

cre8tone said...

You are really a good cook... Drooling juz looking at the photos... I'm sure your angel will loves it!~

MommyAngel said...

Angie, this nugget is not the same type as those KFC type of nugget so it’s ok when serve cold for young toddler.

Doreen, have to hide the vege at first, no choice la coz if not, she will refuse to eat them, now she is getting better in terms of vege I can see :)

Cath, Welcome dear :)

Mery, thanks ….. the tomatoes sos looks 2 different colour from the picture hor, don’t know why. Maybe because due to my flash lights :P

Agnes, hahahaha …. It taste good though but not as nice as KFC nuggets for sure la, hahahahaha.

Rachel, this type of nugget is not the same as those fast food nuggets coz it’s not coated with flour, etc. I will make the other type soon too :)

PeiWun, thank you :) Ya … she loves this so much coz it’s meat :)

Mommy to Chumsy said...

wow, very healthy and delicious food for the precious angel :D good job mommy :D

sorry i can't sign in using my current blog so I have to sign using my old blogspot :D

Merryn said...

wow wiee.... home made nuggets? never tried it.. always watch on rachel ray's show she always make her own burger patties.. wanted to try but never did.. hahaha.. urs looks easy enuf to do.. hmm.. shud try eh.. when u said the nuggets is softer, it is good lah for toddlers rite? so maybe, when i find the 'rajin-ness' in me, i'll do this. u know lah me. oni do things the one minute way.. nothing lengthy! hahahaha...

Health Freak Mommy said...

Wow, very healthy and wholesome meals for your lil Angel. I used to cook all these too but when my # 3 came along, I don't even have the time to sit and eat my meals haha!

Irene said...

whoaaaaaa... ur really good!

Angeline said...

you are definitely a pro at 'hide and seek' when you are young eh?? *wink*
Clever mommy!!!!
this is too good and I bookmarked it, so will probably try it out tomorrow or soon....

Mummy Gwen said...

The homemade nuggets look really easy to prepare. You are so creative and rajinlah..haha. The tomato sauce looks so fresh leh. Thanks for sharing. :)

2ma said...

i think my mum have made similar type of nuggets. talking abt it, it has been a long time since she last made it, must ask my mum to make it this wkend *hehe*

anyway, you can really cook well la! salute!!

Serene said...

Very good job in hide and seek! My ger likes vege more than meat. So i was thinking how to hide her meat in her daily meals. Anyway, thanks for sharing, you're getting more and more creative in food!!

Adrine said...

You really make so much effort to make yummy and nutritious food for Angel. She's a lucky girl!

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Super creative mommy! It is a great idea in hiding the vege. So which dish that Angel like most?

Unknown said...

Yummy! Yummy! Natalie also feel bored with porridge + bovril hmm...thinking to prepare some new dishes to add in porridge. I wondering she like or not but mummy recently very tire to prepare all this T___T

Well i got awards to you;

http://ping0914-life.blogspot.com/2009/04/tag-with-awards.html

Julie said...

Thanks for sharing the tomato sauce recipe. Never know that we can make our homemade sauce which is definitely free of preservatives.

the little prince said...

Love your recipe!!

I straight away try n replace the vege with spinach!! (I do not put egg cos Kyle allergy to egg at the moment, so cant fried, but I cook soup, yummy yummy too!!)

quEeNie said...

you sure are a creative mummy....nice recipes....will sure try it one day....thansk for sharing
My girl likes both vege(some) & meat too...it good that we make them a habit to eat vege since young if not they will dislikes it

Kristie said...

yummy food!!!! very good way to hide vege, accompanied with her fav meat!

i cant wait to make all these for jayden too, it will be fun :)

good to make ur own tomato sauce, minus all the preservatives!

great job mummy!

Natalia said...

I love this recipe. So healthy compare to the nuggets available in the market because you use fresh ingredients. Definitely will try it. You are a great cook!

Esmeralda said...

Wow.. the chef is back in action again... Great recipe lar... wait till I got time to try this! Yummy yummy.. makes me hungry again! Great job!

MommyAngel said...

I am glad that you all like the recipe :) Have fun in trying it out and let me know the outcome ya :)