Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Lunar CNY 2009 (Part 1 of 2)

This year’s CNY is Angel’s 2nd CNY but I think she enjoy it more compare as to when she was still a baby :) She gets to meet all her cousins, grandparents, aunties and uncles too but she was more interested in those ‘food’ rather then the ang pows :) I also manage to cut Angel’s hair for the very first time (yup, first time I cut Angel’s hair for her) because her hair looks so messy to me :) But the end result was a bit too short but luckily her hair still is long enough to be tide up nicely, phew …… *relief*


EVE of CNY
3 of us sleep until noon because we were so tired. Then we headed for hubby’s elder sister’s house for reunion dinner. Angel gets to meet with all her cousins and aunties and uncles. She love her cousin Yung Shin so much who is the youngest among all her cousins (he is 8 years old) and refused to let go of his hands. Of course Yung Shin is so shy that Angel holds his hands all day long but he is such a sweet boy. After that Angel insisted (crying) to join the rest of her cousins playing with SIL’s 2 dogs :( No choice so I have to be her bodyguard for the entire evening. Not bodyguard actually, It was more like a playing the chasing game and I am chasing after Angel while she chases and dog, then the dog chases her back because they were chase and then I have to chase the dog away!! Gosh, it’s was so tiring!!! But the food at SIL place was so yummy :) After dinner we went to hubby’s 2nd sister’s house for another round of dinner reunion. All of us were so full that night!! Angel also got some new clothings from SILs and a pink Teddy bear from Piu-Yi-Ma but the clothing were so big!! Hhhhhmmm …… SILs must have forgotten how a 1 year + toddler looks like :P :P Maybe will keep until she is 5 or 6 years old :P

During midnight and Angel was still awake so we brought her to see the neighbours burning fireworks. She was amazed by the nice fireworks under the starry sky but I forget to get her some to play with. I will try to make up to her soon I hope :)

1st Day of CNY
Gong XI Fa Chai!!!! We were spending the day at my brother’s place along with my parents who come over for CNY. After the ang pow giving sessions, then we started the mahjong session. So basically it’s eating and sleeping and mahjong session for the entire day. Angel gets to taste her first taste of Kuih Bahulu and also 我来*也 Bak-Kuah for the very first time! She even ate our adults’ dishes for lunch and dinner which is so yummy! Then I sent hubby off to the airport and come back home around midnight. So tired!


15 comments:

Serene said...

Hahaha.. the dog chasing game must be fun! Xixi also love to play with the dog, but she call her "Miao Miao", funny!
Angel new hair style looks so refreshing and nice! Great job, mummy!

MommyAngel said...

Serene, dog chasing game are fun ah?? maybe Angel and the dog feel fun but I feel tired, kakaka .....

Xixi call the dog miao miao ah? Hahaha .... really funny la!

For Angel's new hair-style, don't you think she looks like a boy after the cut???

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

It is a nice hair cut done by mommy..Now Angel look more tidy and fresh too...

Caroline, you know how to play mahjung? For me, I wish to learn..hehe

For me, throughout the CNY, I did not have chance to gambling as Sarah keeps tagging with me.

Esmeralda said...

Wah!!! Angel is so daring to chase after the dogs.... Such a brave girl ya..

U did very well cutting her hair Caroline.. no wonder in ur previous post I saw her hair is thinner and shorter already.. anyway, wid her big round eyes, she can pull off any hair cut...

MommyAngel said...

JT, I know coz hubby teach me a bit but not really ‘pandai’ la, very slow one coz our family all also new in playing mahjong and do it very very slow, hahaha ….. luckily my brother and my SIL is there to help me with Angel a bit just to ‘polish’ up their parenting skill a bit so I can rest for a while lo, hahahaha. …..

Esmeralda, she is a daring kid la *sigh* After the haircut, she looks like a boy, doesn’t she?

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Ok mah, at least you know how to play it.
- Haha, yelor, I think since your bro and your sil is a newly wed couple, they should expecting a bb pretty soon ya. So is time for them to learn parenting! hehe.

Esmeralda said...

Caroline, when her hair is dry, she looks like a girl, but when it's wet and being combed neatly, she looks like a boy... dun worry... her hair will grow real soon...

MommyAngel said...

JT, ya ... you are right and I can see that they love kids too especially my bro :)

Esmeralda, her hair will grow soon ah? Then I am afraid I can't stand her hair looking messy and pick up my scissors again leh, hahaha .... I think she will have short hair for a very long period of time I guess :)

Esmeralda said...

I dunno about her hair Caroline, but Ashton's hair has grown out quite a lot within 3 weeks. We cut his hair 2 weeks b4 CNY.

Why wanna cut her hair short? She look really nice in her 'coconut tree' style... ;) and u hv more ways to 'decorate' her.. haha..

MommyAngel said...

Esmeralda, I mean short is as short as the one I cut .... will still be able to tie up coconut tree. Hubby wants to keep it long but I think I cannot stand it even watching the picture before her hair cut la, hahaha ..... her hair grow pretty slow as compare to Ashton leh .... actually I wanted to keep her hair long for CNY to show her grandma but on the very last day really cannot 'tahan' anymore seeing her like that so I also took the scissors for the very first time and cut lo. It's nice that you have someone to cut Ashton's hair and he let them to cut as well oh.

Esmeralda said...

Haha... poor Angel mummy cut your hair... Is her hair that messy till you can't tahan?? ;)

Well, actually it's my aunt that is cutting Ashton's hair... so he will be in the tub with all the toys from his young 'uncle'.. playing water.. of coz he won't reject... I don't think if I were to bring him to saloons he will be quiet to hv his hair cut..

MommyAngel said...

Esmeralda, Ya ... really cannot tahan her messy look la, makes her look more like a naughty monkey, kekeke .....

Oh no ... I don't think saloons will work for Angel too. It's nice to have your aunt to cut Ashton's hair :) Not thinking to do it yourself?

Esmeralda said...

Nah... I'll let the pro do the cut while she's available.. hehehe... lazy me

Kristie said...

wow good hairdresser... did it take very long to cut her hair? :)

all the food look sooo yummy!!!!! lucky angel get to eat more this year!

MommyAngel said...

Kristie, it did't take me long to cut her hair .... you know kids, won't sit still for you to cut their hair so I try to do it as quickly as possible before she is bored with the toothbrush that I let her play with while snip snip snip like an expert, hahaha