Wednesday, February 04, 2009

2 Days before CNY [24Jan’09]

Last minutes shopping at MV that is. As no one helps to look after our naughty girl so she tagged a long with us for our last minute shopping. The malls are so full of people and it was definitely hard to shop with Angel nowadays as she always wants to wonder off by herself, do not want to put on her safety harness (no choice but we have to) and also refused us to carry her. So for the entire day, she was cranky and crying all the time because we want her to stay close to us.

Angel’s also having her first taste of Kenny Rogers on that day! The restaurant was so packed and the service was a bit slow and therefore, Angel basically was shouting at the waitress when she saw them bringing plates full of food but which was not for our table. She even bang on the table out of frustration and crying + shouting out loud ‘MAAM~~ MAAM~~’ until everyone was looking our ways *shake head*. Stopping her and asking her not to do that nicely is just no use when it comes to a frustrated toddler. No wonders they said kids who are hungry really can’t wait for even 1 minute, sigh!


So after dinner we continue with our shopping. Hubby helps to look after Angel for awhile while I was busy flipping through some jeans at Jusco. Then suddenly hubby asked me did I see Angel and I was shocked …… hubby was pulling Angel on the safety harness and how could she got lost? Hubby said he was still holding onto the harness 1 minute ago then she was gone!! Harr???? What does he mean that she was GONE???? Asked him again and he tells me he don’t know ……… OMG, I quickly run all over the place looking for her and so does hubby. Asked hubby where he brought her and hubby said they were just standing there going nowhere!! Suddenly I remembered an escalator nearby so I quickly run towards it hoping that she was not going to ran down the escalator but she was not there. Then I tried to look everywhere nearby but after a long 5 minutes of searching among the crowded people (while there was an announcement for a 5 year old boy who also got lost) really made my heart pounded so fast! I dreaded hoping that she was not kidnapped (after hearing some scary stories at the malls obviously)!! Then I met up with hubby and still no sign of Angel then I start asking hubby where he lost her and how could a 1 year + toddler vanished from his sight and yet he do not know how he lost her *slap forehead* :( Then hubby finally went back to the place where he and Angel stood previously and shout out loud calling Angel’s name!!! Then suddenly hubby heard a giggling sound from where he stood …… then hubby looked down at the clothes hanging beside him and noticed a tip of a pair of shoe under those clothes! GOSH …. There she is!!!! Actually Angel didn’t wondered off, when hubby let go of her safety harness for the split second and talk to me, she just take few step backwards and hide behind those pile of hanging clothes!!!! When I saw hubby carries our girl out, I burst into tears while some other people were looking at me wondering while I was full of tears!! I can’t stopped kissing her while she still smile happily thinking that we played hide and seek with her!!! From that point onwards, I carry her in my arms the entire night and ask hubby to flip through the clothes while I look through them. I rather do it that way just in case that hubby will ever lost her again.

Anyway, I still manage to grab a couple pair of jeans for myself and also some CNY clothes for hubby then headed home straight. It’s really impossible to shop while carrying a super ‘cranky’ toddler and also an extremely hopeless ‘helper’ at the same time in such ‘crowded’ mall during such busy time of the year. But I must say that I am glad our day ended well despite of that scary episode in Jusco that night. Luckily Hubby and I didn’t leave the venue and headed to the security department reporting for our lost girl living her alone there or else, I think she might really got lost and wondered off somewhere all by herself if she couldn't fine us there. We are lucky this round but I feel so bad about ourselves that night …… that’s why I want to jot this down reminding me that this incident will not happen EVER again!!

15 comments:

Mummy Moon said...

Very scary story... me too very hard to shop when bringing along Yan yan go out...

Serene said...

OMG... so scary!! luckily she just playing hide and seek with you. I and hubby also take turns to carry Xixi when we were in Genting, everywhere so crowded, no choice.
Better tell Angel be good girl, only play hide and seek at home, ok! =)

the little prince said...

Aiyooo...my little Angel play hide n seek with her parents huh!!!

Normally if crowded, my hubby would not let Kyle walk by himself cos scared ppl 'bang' into him....but actually chances very slim, if crowded, I am not allowed to shop at all!! :-p

My hubby will take off during weekday n shop...so far not many experience shop during weekend..:-)

MommyAngel said...

Mummy Moon & Serene, ya lor .... actually really scare the h*ll out of me leh and that's way I burst out in tear at Jusco after that, kekeke .... so pai-seh la :P

Yugene, your hubby will take weekday off just to do shopping with you?? How nice leh ...

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

My heart was pounding fast too when reading your post...

It is really a very scary incident. I think Angel is innocent in the sense that she is just a kid and she just wanna play hide and seek with you all...Luckily she was still hiding there after a five min search. If I were you, I will also burst in tears when I saw her..

Esmeralda said...

OMG!!!

Thank God Angel is safe back with u all again. My heart was pounding hard when I was reading ur post.. Luckily Angel is quite a smart girl, just playing hide and seek, but never leaving the scene, otherwise it's really so much difficult to find her, esp in such a big MV!

U're such a strong mum Caroline. If I were u, I would hv started crying the moment I heard that my child is missing...

Hv to be extra alert next time when u r shopping with Angel, esp when there's such a big crowd..

But am very happy that she's fine...

MommyAngel said...

JT, while she is missing, the 5 minutes of search seems like FOREVER!! Yes …. I am glad that she is just playing hide and seek with me and didn’t wondered off to the escalator or else, I really cannot imagine what will happened. I am glad really :)

Esmeralda, Yes …. If she really walk away from us then I really do not know where to find her coz MV is so big and so crowded that time, gosh ….. Of course I cannot cry at the moment hubby tells me Angel is missing because I didn’t expect hubby will come up with a good solution to find Angel is she is missing so I really need to think think and see how could we find her la, hahahaha ….. but sometimes really mad at hubby for his constant carelessness when handling Angel too even I have get the safety harness so that hubby could really hold on to her all the time but ...... sigh! Anyway, I am glad that she is fine now and maybe I should really get a baby ‘tracking devices’ if I were to ask hubby to look after her again …… hahahah.

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Caroline, like what Esmeralda said, if I were you, I also will cried the moment I know from my husband that my girl is missing...You are a tough mommy!

Esmeralda said...

Haha... so did hubby get a good scolding? Yes sometimes men (sorry to say) can't be fully trusted when it comes to taking care of kids. Same goes here... sometimes there tend to be careless, eg when they are on the phone and they tend to forget that they are looking after a kid...!

MommyAngel said...

JT, hahaha .... if cried then eyes blur blur how to look for Angel leh, hahaha .....

Esmeralda, nope .... hubby is escaped this round because it's CNY and I do not want to make a fuss about it and spoilt his and my mood for the rest of our CNY ma, hahaha .... I don't mind being a little bit careless because men are still men, they are not as detail as we women but hubby is really extremely careless until sometimes I am worried that Angel would got hurt ..... actually there has been a few cases already :( :(

Esmeralda said...

Lucky him! Otherwise he'll be 'bashed-up' by u.. haha... just be extra alert then when hubby is taking care of Angel.. same goes her too!

Family First said...

If it was my son, he would have ran as fast & hard as he could! My son loves to run everywhere and far far from us. May I know where you bought the safety harness? I wonder if it can still be used for a 2 yr old?

MommyAngel said...

Esmeralda, kekekeke ... yeah :P :P

Family First, actually my girl is also running like mad and also will 'escape' from us whenever she got the chance to .... sometimes even pretended to hold our hands then let go and run as quick as possible to the other direction, sigh!!! but luckily that day she is hiding instead of running away, phew .... Oh, I got my safety harness from Sabah but I have seen those selling in the bb shop at The Curve (forgot which shop). I think this type of safety harness can be easily found anywhere and some even comes with a dolly bag and let the kid put on at the bag. Yes .... it can be use for kids above 2 years old too because the band can be adjusted to very large. Good luck ya .....

Kristie said...

omg.... my heart nearly stopped too.. thank God angel was just there... if she wandered off, it will be harder to find her!

hold on to the harness like u hold on to your horses!

MommyAngel said...

Kristie, I did but hubby didn't @~@