Thursday, January 01, 2009

Daddy’s and Mummy’s Cooking

This is the first day of a new year 2009 and early in the morning, I found hubby is in the kitchen busy preparing porridge for our little Angel. (oh … how sweet ….) Normally hubby will be too lazy to cook as he prefers to laze on the sofa and turned on his favourite TV program / playing puzzle with our playful Angel. But since few days ago I get hubby to cook for Angel as I was too busy doing our year end house cleaning, he seems to enjoy playing ‘cook’ for Angel and asked how I mix and matched Angel’s food as well as the timing to add in the different ingredients because Angel seems to eat pretty slow on the first and second day hubby play chef and also, the colour of the porridge looks very dull due to excessive cooking. So after much consultation for the past few days, today hubby decided to cook Angel’s Porridge with Broccoli, Potatoes, Carrots, Chicken Meat and stir in an Egg just before the fire went off. (Angel is still on her lengthy allergy test against eggs so no new food to be introduced still :( :( ).

Once the porridge was done, hubby commented that the colour of the porridge looks so much nicer and also, the taste of the porridge really improves dramatically!! I must say that this is a good combination in terms of colour and flavour. I certainly am very proud of hubby and also very happy to see that Angel enjoys and learned to appreciate Daddy’s cooking more finally :)




As for our dinner, I also tried something new at home – Curry Chicken! I am not good in cooking curry but this one is really a hit! I also put in some Potatoes, Egg Plant, Lady’s Fingers and some Shitake Mushrooms into the curry and they really taste great. Hubby is so delighted to see his curry dish and ate 2 big plates of rice to night. Too bad Angel couldn’t take any spicy food for the moment being or else, we will let her have a taste of how curry really taste like, wonder what will her reaction be then? Can’t wait :)


21 comments:

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Happy New Year to you...
- Your husband is doing a great job in cooking the yummy porridge for Angel. Nice colour! Does Angel likes it?
I wonder is this the first time your husband cook?
- I always likes to try to cook curry. But my husband doesnt like it.
Anyway, may I know how to cook this yummy dish ya? Mind to share?

Mummy Gwen said...

Awww...your hubby is so sweet. Daddy will do anything for Angel right..hehe. The porridge really looks delicious. I don't think my hubby could cook it that well..haha. Thumbs up to your hubby.

Administrator said...

what a lovely hubby you have....lucky you...mine can;t even cook a bowl of proper instant noodle...:(...shouldn't be complaining though..heehee...

Mummy Ryan said...

Wah ur husband so GOOD cz can cook for Angel..so envy leh...My hubby oso can cook meal for Ryan but i need to guide him fr A-Z..hahah so if like tat better i cook by myself...
Ur curry look nice leh...ur hubby luv spicy food rite?? My hubby luv to eat spicy food very much..everytime must have Chilies...

Esmeralda said...

Nice looking curry... must taste great! So good your hb wanna cook for Angel.... I'm dreaming of that.. ;)

Unknown said...

You hubby so nice can cook for Little Angel, you so luckly :)
My hubby is lazy worm ask him cook don't know what till when oh...wait till my neck long hahaha!
Well done!

cre8tone said...

Your hubby is so sweet to cook such a yummy meal!~

Mummy Moon said...

The curry looks nice... I like all the vege in curry...

MommyAngel said...

JT, yes, this is the first time that he cooks and I think he quite enjoys it :) The way I cok it is stir fried some curry paste (I bought yellow curry) in the wok, add in the chicken and stir fried until half done, add in the vege then follow by coconut milk and water, shimmer until almost done then add salt to taste lo. Easy leh?

Mummy Gwen, yeah, Angel is hubby’s precious little girl and he is willing to do anything for her :P

Irene, hahaha …. That’s mean your hubby is a very blessed man coz he doesn’t need to know how to cook :)

KC, I have give hubby a lecture before he cook the meal la :) Then after that he just cook back the same dish lo :) Yes, my hubby loves spicy food but not me. Your hubby likes spicy food too ya? How about you? Then next time I can let my hubby go to your house and eat with your hubby la, hahaha ;)

Esmeralda, you can make your hubby to cook if you want to too …… but guess that’s not necessary ma :) He is a very blessed man :)

Ping, hahaha …… my hubby also lazy ma, but I really so busy few days ago and I asked him he wanted to cook for Angel or do the house cleaning and he said he wants to cook la, hahaha. I only have 2 hands la, how lazy hubby was also need to help out some time la or else, if I ran away already then he really need to cook and clean the house both lo :P kekeke …..

Peiwun, Thanks …. The porridge he cook that day really is not bad leh

Mummy Moon, ya … me too love the vege in curries especially the mushrooms :)

Serene said...

Wah.. how sweet is your hubby huh! Cooking is always my job, but lucky hubby will help me on cleaning part.
Your curry looks so tempting! I so far never try to cook curry yet, hope will try it one day.

Esmeralda said...

I wished I can do that, but that's not going to happen Caroline...

MommyAngel said...

Serene, wah … your hubby is so sweeter la, help you to do cleaning, oh … how I hate cleaning but if hubby were to help me cleaning, normally it’s not really clean after the cleaning, hahaha ;) Ya …. You can try curry too one day coz it’s quite simple. Your family don’t really like curry ah?

Esmeralda, hahaha … I thought I am not going to make hubby cook too but now I know, just need to make the situation into where he has no choice to say no, hahaha, so bad hor :)

Julie said...

The porridge and curry looks good. I don't even know how to cook curry.

the little prince said...

First!! HAPPY NEW YEAR 2009!!

Wah..your hubby so nice, willing to cook for his angel ya....my hubby-he will said, I help you to look after baby, you cook la!! :-p

I love the curry colour, so yummy yummy...how you handle the mushroom huh, last time I bought from supermarket n cook n its so smelly, very scared to try again!!

MommyAngel said...

Julie, I don’t know how to cook curry too until that day :)

Yugene, my hubby used to say he will take care bb and me doing the cooking too until that day, he choose cooking instead of doing cleaning for the entire house :P Oh … I didn’t do anything with the mushroom leh but the Shitake mushroom I bought is not that smelly leh, maybe I love the taste of mushroom too gua? Then also after adding into the curry, what I taste is all curry taste :)

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe. Sounds simple wor...but too bad, my husband dont really like curry, but I will try it too..

MommyAngel said...

JT, :)

2xMum said...

Wow... you're really good at cooking!! I'm salivating after looking at your pot of curry photo!! :P

MommyAngel said...

Doreen, you are so nice lah ... hahaha, no one at home ever said that I am a good cook because I am the most 'lau ya' cook among them :P

Irene said...

wow, tat curry dish really making me hungry!

MommyAngel said...

Irene, thanks :)