Saturday, January 03, 2009

Draw, Draw, Draw!!


Finally, I am so happy that Angel gets to do some drawing exercises at home :) All she does was just simply doodling with any colours she likes and whatever way she prefers. I still remember vividly that the very first time I handed her the jumbo crayons and asked her to draw on the paper, she hesitated. She couldn’t believe that mommy is letting her to hold the crayons!!! (Last time I used to stop her whenever she tries to grab my pen :P) So I hold her little hand and as I make a line on the paper, she was so amazed that the pen can actually make a line on the paper. So I let her do it herself and after making the first line on her own and still double checked on my facial expression that I was definitely not going to be mad at her, there she goes …… strokes after strokes she makes and with a smile on her face :)

Actually I have been starting to pile up on her drawing equipments since she was about 1 year old but due to lack of time, I didn’t start her on her drawing any earlier because I wants to make sure I have time to stay there and watched over her just in case if she feels like chewing the crayons (which she might, trust me!) or even make a pretty line on our sofa or worst the walls! (although I got her a washable crayon). Further more, I noticed that all the drawings pencils / crayons indicated for kids 3 years and above and most of them were from China :(

Angel’s first masterpiece was done couples of weeks back and from her drawings, I noticed that she is very careful and only making a light strokes very gently over the page. As time goes by, she is using more pressure on the crayons now and making big movements too. Most of the time, she will also prefers to draw on the table then the paper and if I were to turned away for a second, you can see that she trying to draw on herself too and sometimes even feels tempted to taste the crayons LoL However, I am glad that she enjoys drawing and normally the entire page will be done in less then 15 minutes. I do hope to start her on some simple colouring but still searching for some good materials (as those normal kids colouring books still seems to be too advance for her stage). At the mean time, hopes that she will enjoy the drawing process and explore herself with colour as well as improves the way she would hold a crayon correctly for a start :) Actually I love to watched Angel draw as she was very concentrated and trying very hard to control her hands movements ….. wonder when will she drew a picture especially for mommy? I will be all over the moon I guess :)


16 comments:

Serene said...

Caoline, maybe you can let Angel try water colour too? I saw from one mummy's blog, her son was painting using water color and the outcome was like a abstract painting. hahaha.. u may want to take a look http://eiggna.blogspot.com/2008/11/lil-artist-mummy-lil-touch.html

Esmeralda said...

Her 2nd masterpiece is really nice!

Talking about drawing, I can really shake my head. Once Ashton took my pen and I didn't noticed that for few minutes - guess what happend? There was blue ink on the outer area of his ears, and his hands too... Gosh!

When I hold his hand and ask him to draw, he won't let me to hold his hand. He just wanna to do it himself, and there goes some ink on my flooring... *sigh*

Btw, what kind of crayons are u buying for Angel? Are they washeable?

Mummy Moon said...

The drawing is nice, and I like the 2nd piece...My girl also done alot of drawing, but is on the walls , haha!!!

Mummy Gwen said...

Angel's drawing is very strong in colurs. She use alot of strength huhh..hehe. It's very nice. Gwen doodle abit and ask me to draw for her most of the time. T__T

Julie said...

I haven't let Jonathan work on crayons and water colour yet. Same yet, scare that he may eat it.

Angel did great for a starter. Can try to caoch her to draw circle and some simple object.

the little prince said...

What a great job Angel!!
Caroline, where do you get the washable crayon?

I feel so touch when see the photo of Angel holding the crayon, she so focus on it!!

MommyAngel said...

Serene, thanks for the link …. I didn’t bought water colour for Angel because can’t seems to find a toxic free one, but hor, I have bought a finger paint for her leh, crazy hor when thinking about the mess ….. that’s why still not yet let her try it out. Have you start Xixi on any drawings?

Esmeralda, same here, Angel also will not let me hold his hand while drawing after the first time ….. can you get a ball point pen so that no more inks on the floor? Hahaha … luckily you didn’t find ink at the corner of his mouth then you will really pengsan!! The crayon I bought for Angel is by Crayola and yup, it’s washable and non toxic too. The best is the box I got is Made In Maxico (old stocks) instead of China, hahaha.

Mummy Moon, your girl draw it on the walls??? Oh my god ….. so is the drawings still remain there??

Mummy Gwen, yes, Angel used quite a lot of strength in her drawings lately (maybe she is in a lot of stress these few days? Kekeke). At least Gwen asked you to join in the fun, Angel just refused me to even touch her piece of paper :( So I guess you drawings has improve tremendously after that? :P

Julie, ya …. How I wish I could guide her on her drawings but she just hate me holding her hands at the moment :(

Hi Yugene, few months back there was a fair at MV podium and one of the booths selling different brands of colouring materials for kids and I bought it from there.

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

O, Angel first masterpiece..Is nice!
I like both of them.
Was the first one drew using crayon too? It looks lighter in colour.
- Talk about colouring pic, you may download and print some simple cartoon or pic from website and let Angel colour it.

MommyAngel said...

JT, thanks ..... yes, both the picture was using the same crayons but looks different hor. That's why I say I can see some improvements in terms of strength .... oh, actually that is a good idea of download and print it out, but too bad I don't have a printer at home leh :(

2xMum said...

wow... her masterpiece looks great!

MommyAngel said...

Doreen, thanks :P

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Yes, now Angel has more strength in gripping the pen, so the result show different...
- O, you dont have a printer ya?
Ok ok...maybe you give me your add, if I have found a nice pic from online, I print out and sent to you...
Please give me ya...

MommyAngel said...

JT, oh ..... that is so nice of you lah. Thx thx thx so much. If you found something nice then maybe you can email me the link la coz I don't have a printer at home, but hubby has one in the office :) Thanks so much for offering ya, really appreciate it :)

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Caroline,
You are most welcome. FYI, I just love to do net surfing, so is a no prob for me to get some nice pic for Angel.
Ok, will let you know if you have found one...

Sha@Mama TinaAzra said...

Caroline, I have think to introduce Tina to crayons but still afraid she might bite it coz when I give her a pen she would bite it or took to her mouth..wonder when can I do that..

But angel's workhand is good especially the 2nd one..look nice

MommyAngel said...

JT, thanks so much :)

Sha, oh .... Angel will put the crayons in her mouth too but after a few times scolding her not to, now she didn't put in her mouth anymore. That's why I choose the crayons with those "non toxic" one just in case she 'taste' them, but of course non-toxic also cannot be eaten la :)