Wednesday, December 24, 2008

New Food – Steam Whole Egg

Angel is doing fine with the egg yolk since my last post here. It has been more then a week now and she is accepting the yolk nicely. I have started to let her taken the whole eggs and this is her 3rd day today. So far no sign of serious allergy although I did noticed that there is one small tiny patch of red spots on her left leg (maye or maybe not because of the eggs) but I am still observing her tolerance against the whites.

On the first 2 day, I only gave her 1/3 and 1/2 of an egg mixing them into her porridge and gradually increase to 1 whole egg today. As for today’s lunch, I am making her a steam egg to go along with her porridge. Still, no salt or seasoning is added and I think she actually loves the steam egg very much as compare to the hard boiled egg yolk (she refused to eat the yolk directly).

I think steam egg is a good menu for young toddlers as they are tasty and the eggs are very easily meshed up by using a spoon. I am glad that I have delayed the introduction of eggs to Angel until she is 1Y8M as I can see that her body is more ready to accept this new food. I do hope that Angel will be doing fine with the whole egg for another week or so and I will keep eggs in her menus for this entire week (searching for eggs menu now) and I am hoping for the best. I think she will definitely love her new found food.

16 comments:

Mummy Ryan said...

Mamy Caroline..Ryan oso luv to eat steam egg very much..normally i will add some mince meat,carrot, tofu n oso starch flour

Mummy Gwen said...

Yayy...glad to hear Angel is accepting the yolk with no problem. Kids just love steam eggs! Good for you, mommy coz Angel is not picky with her food mainly because you cook very well. :D

cre8tone said...

My boy sensitive to egg, cannot introduce this to him yet~~~

MommyAngel said...

KC, oh … thanks for your suggestion. That sounds good to me, I think the dish goes well with rice for Angel too and also we adults can have a share as well. Thanks again and will surely try that out :)

Mummy Gwen, aiya …. Really pai sei la :) Angel starts to become selective on her food lately so I think I will be cracking my head again soon. You know as I am not a good cook and not doing much cooking before this so sometimes the simplest thing will sounds so complicated to me.

PeiWun, oh really? Sean is sensitive towards eggs? I think in that case better to delay his intake of eggs until he is much older. So he can’t take cakes lo?? I thought he ate cakes before …

Esmeralda said...

Oh.. I'm amazed that Angel can tolerate egg white now.. Still not so much luck with Ashton coz even some "dash" of egg white will coz some red dots to appear on the outer area of his mouth... good for you that Angel can tolerate the whole egg quite well now.

Kristie said...

yummy! i love steam egg too... i think it's good for kids, cos it's mushy and easy to digest!

MommyAngel said...

Esmeralda, I am so glad that she is doing fine with those eggs. As for Ashton, just give it some time and eventually, he will be able to taste those yummy eggs too. So I guess Ashton still not having any cakes at this moment?? How about seafood and nuts? As for Angel, she is still not able to take any Milk, Seafood (including fish) and Nuts :( Will try Orange on her soon too.

Kristie, you are right ..... and I am glad that Angel can finally try those yummy eggs :)

Julie said...

Have you tried giving her half boiled egg? My mom said can let let Jonathan tried already but I'm still in doubt.

Esmeralda said...

On the contrary Caroline, Ashton did have some cakes (small pieces) from us whenever we have celebrations, and dining out... Just that at home I'm keeping it to the minimum at the moment.. seafood (except for fish..) I would say only some gravy at the moment (and he's fine with that).. nuts haven't tried yet... yeah.. as you've said.. one at a time... good luck to both of us! ;)

MommyAngel said...

Hi Julie, hhmmm ….. I am not sure about half boiled eggs ….. why half boiled?

Hi Esmeralda, oh … Ashton does eat some cakes ah? That’s nice, bet he must have love those cakes so much!! :) Too bad Angel can’t take most of the cakes as it’s either make with milk or butter. So as you can see, I will have to home make those cakes for her.

Esmeralda said...

Yes Caroline... Ashton did have some cakes whenever we dine out or have celebrations. Really difficult to avoid that though... Luckily he did tolerate well with them... don't worry.. just take a step at a time.. sooner or later Angel will get used to eggs and dairy..

MommyAngel said...

Esmeralda, Fingers crossed :)

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Steam egg is a dish that most of the kids like. I am sure Angel will likes it too.
I like steam egg too. Normally I will add in some mushroom into it..nice!
- I wonder what is the porridge serves with the egg? It is so colourful.

MommyAngel said...

JT, Ya ... I love steam eggs too but lately Angel doesn't wants to eat them plain, so I have to add into her porridge :) The porridge beside is spinach, carrots, zucchini + chicken breast. Normally Angel's porridge will have 3 vege combinations.

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Caroline,
Woww...you really creative. Always think of 3 veges to be put into her porridge. Nice!

MommyAngel said...

JT, thanks ..... Actually that's my lazy method :P