Monday, September 08, 2008

Studio Photo Trial Session

Oh ….. my heart has been itching for this for ages and this is something that I wanted to do with Angel long x 1000 time ago. However, situation doesn’t permit us any earlier coz first of all, Angel doesn’t dare to be alone and always wants to cling to me when she is in a strange place and secondly, she is so cranky all the time and me and hubby find it impossible to handle her in a studio and lastly, she hates having her pictures taken and would turn away from the camera as she sees one!!! So after much anticipation, we coincidentally came across a photo studio who also does baby photos yesterday. I quickly ‘drag’ hubby (who is not so knee about the whole idea since the beginning) to have a trial session for Angel, no colourful costume or fancy stuffs etc, just a normal photo session to try out.

At first when the photographer asked me to place her in the chair, he asked politely, “Can she sit without support?” So I put Angel standing in the platform and said, “ She can walk!” and the photographer give me a ‘Wah’ …… looks LOL It is so funny. Maybe Angel still looks like a baby to a lot of people. I always get people in the mall coming up to me asking me how many months Angel is and when I told them she is almost 1 years ½, they just give me the unbelievable looks! Some even find it surprised to see her running in the mall! I head some of them even pointing to her and tell their friend, “Wah …. The bb so small can walk already?” Apparently they thought that she is still a baby below 1 :)

So after I put her down, she does make some fuss but when the photographer’s assistance handle her some balls, she has forgotten all about mommy and daddy and start playing with the colourful balls. @`@ She doesn’t smile much and not looking at the camera too. When the photographer’s assistance trying to place a doll beside her for the scene (oh no ….. not that!!), she cries out loud (yup, she is afraid of most soft toys.) so they quickly took it away. They tried to place a hat and a flower band on her head and oh boy, she keeps crying and pulling the thing off! (I was so worried that she will cry non stop!) Then they try to let her hold on to some dried flowers for the effect and again, she cries out loud and threw the flowers in the floor (bad girl! Really bad girl!!!). Finally, nothing else can be done so the photographer asked the assistant to blow some bubbles just for the photo ‘effect’ and guess what, she scream out loud and actually trying to ran away and fall down from the chair!!! She must be really frightening despite I do play blowing bubbles with her at home and she hates them!!) The assistance does try to make her smile but I think her trick does not work at all. Even myself doesn’t think she looks funny :P :P (I think she is not really experience in handling with kids). So finally, I tell hubby it’s time for him to start making funny acts because obviously, Angel is not smiling at all. It works!! She is smiling and looking at Daddy while hubby and me are shouting and calling her name like crazy people at the back of the photographer. Everybody is gathering around the photo session and praised that she is so cute and star asking me her name and how old is she, etc coz Angel is following whatever hubby does, LoL ….. Obviously they were not here when she just started!! Anyhow, Hubby and Angel look so funny and happy!! Finally, the pictures turn out to be more then fine and the photographer actually praised my girl for being so ‘lively’ at the scene and so does the other ‘spectators’ who go to touch her and pinch her when we were not ‘aware’. She is offering her playing balls to everyone who came near her too and starts playing with them, she is in a good mood that morning :)


So at the end, we got few better shoots out of the bunch and frame that up as a table top. I told hubby I wish to get a proper studio photo session for Angel and hubby actually do not object this time as he was so concentrate in admiring those pictures of her little Angel from the computer screen :) :) (For those mommies who’s hubby is not so sure about the idea of a photo sessions for you bb while the mummy must have one! This tricks should do the wonders! :P :P ) Hubby is so nice (and also too excited maybe :P) to even offer to get the Platinum Package for Angel (which cost almost like an adult wedding package, gosh .... these photo studios really know how to sqeeze $$ out of mommies and daddies!) which I told hubby that is not necessarily. I just want a normal package so that I could keep for remembrance, nothing fancy and nothing huge, as I will have a headache looking for places to store them later. So finally we booked her a normal package with an album. This is definitely an unforgettable experience for all of us and I am glad that I could have my Angel’s picture taken by a professional finally :) Hurray!!!!

19 comments:

cre8tone said...

Where u go for the trial session? is it De One? many mp mummies snap there...

She falls down from chair? Is she ok?

Btw, the photos snap behind the pro-photographer oso very nicely taken~~~ :) Looks great!~

Julie said...

She's afraid of bubbles? Post up the pics. I wanna see.

Mummy Gwen said...

Angel consider very good already. Despite the drama, she eventually managed to sail thru it. :) After looking at the beautiful photos, money well spent huh..haha..

MommyAngel said...

Hi PeiWun, not taken at De One. I heard so much good things about De One too but I am afraid those well-known studios always not as flexible. They also do not give out soft copy, am I right? Sigh ..... Have Sean taken his at De One too?

Julie, the actual picture is not taken yet. This is just a trial session so will post up the real one once ready oh :) How about Jonathan? Are you planning to bring him to one soon?

Mummy Gweb, Thanks ..... I am worried about the actual studio session right now (yesterday was just a trial) and if she is not co-operative on the actual day, then mommy and daddy really crying!! Are you thinking of bringing Gwen to one too? But from the photography skills I see from your blog, I think you no need to la :)

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Caroline, showed us more photos lah...sure they look nice and lively.

Kesian her at the beggining of the photo taking session. Finally the daddy can "gao dim" her emotion.

MommyAngel said...

Hi JT, that's all the picture I have curi-curi taken using my handphone during her trial session leh (they do not allow any pictures taken actually, hehehe). She has not go for the real photo shoot yet. For the photos which she took yesterday, will only got them once she is doing her real photo shoot in the studio. Me also cannot wait to see and will post them up once I got them ya :)

2xMum said...

Wow... Angel is so lucky!! Daddy and mommy so nice to get her a platinum package... :)

How much does the platinum package cost? How many photos/page for the album?

It's hard to snap babies photos nowadays... we have to be a joker to make our baby smile, do you agree...? :P

My Ryan even worse. He can't sit still nowadays. Kept crawling to his daddy's camera.So geram!

MommyAngel said...

Hi Doreen, no lah .... I just sign Angel for the “Normal package” la because the Platinum Package is really a ripped off, imagine RM1999 for bb pictures wor (but with few blown ups and nice frames and album la). If I am that rich then maybe will consider la ….. hahaha.

My girl also like Ryan, cannot sit still and want to go towards the camera, sometimes even worst, she even make ‘funny’ faces when she sees a camera so there was a period that all her pictures were so Ugly … oopsssy … correction, so “FUNNY”!! But I see from your picture he looks very obedient and will sit nicely for daddy to take his picture ah?

Are you planning to sent him for studio photo as well?

cre8tone said...

Angel, Sean never took any studio photos yet... Mayb will go for it, if found any nice n cheap... this mummy, wan nice wan cheap, very hard to find.. hahahaha~~~
It's really good the studio give trial session wor~~~ :) btw, how much is ur normal package?

MommyAngel said...

Hi PeiWun, oh ... Sean not taken any studio photos yet ah ..... but I thought you have a fren who can also do nice photos for your bb ma, so can save also lo :) :) Me also want good want cheap la but cannot find leh and bb is getting older and older liao :)

I think most studio will give you a try session if you pay them la, hahaha .... ya .... I got mine for RM 100 with extra RM10 for each 4R pictures leh. The other normal package I got for Angel is RM550 for 22 poses album only (expensive hor). They say can upgrade if we choose to add more pictures at the end wor so I am a bit worry for now. I don't want to be like my wedding photos where the final price is 3 times cost from our original package, all thanks to my dearest hubby who is not so good in financial planning lo :(

Mummy Gwen said...

Caroline, no la..I'm not planning to bring Gwen for this..hehe..Gwen will freak out if we are not around..haha..**Shylah**..My photography skills 'poon tung sui' only.hahaha..Hope Angel will cooperate and faster upload those photos for us to see oh later.:)

Serene said...

You make me heart itching wanted to go for studio photo la... Hahaha!
Quick quick post your Angel's photo here.. i believe must be very pretty Angel! That's why her daddy keep looking at his computer.

MommyAngel said...

Hi Mummy Gwen, It's nice that your heart didn't itch for the studio photos hor .... you so expert also "boon-tong-sui" ah? hahaha ... you are just being humble la :)

Hi Serene, wah ... you also heart itchy liao ah?? Hahaha .... I will post them up when Angel has taken hers la. This is just a trial sessions only. Don't worry, I will post them up as soon as I got them ya :) Don't know whether the pictures will be pretty or not but at least, that's my little girl la, hahaha :)

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Ok ok ...i c.
When will be the actual photo shooting?

MommyAngel said...

JT, I am not so sure about the date yet coz depands on hubby's schedule :)

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

OK, got it.
Is ok...once you have any photos about Angel, just upload ya. Will very happy to leave comment for you.

MommyAngel said...

JT, okie dokie :)

Esmeralda said...

I can imagine Angel being frightened by all those strange equipments, strange place, and ppl too. Pity her fell down from the chair coz of this "naughty mummy" ya.. Haha.. just kidding. Actually it was a good idea to have a studio photo for baby Angel, and the whole family as well. It's quite a memorable experience. Don't forget to post some pictures after you have all taken the family shots ya...

MommyAngel said...

Hi Esmeralda, Ya .... me too think it is nice too to taken some b studio pictures since her daddy's photography skills is 'not so good' (try to put it as nicely as I could, hehehe). I think I need to sign up different package for family portraits if not mistaken (they really knows how to do business). Anyway, I will try to post it up ASAP :)