Friday, September 05, 2008

Double Lucky Win!

The story begins from Angel’s grandma asking for a photo of Angel to put it in our family tree last month. Lazy me went to a photo shop nearby our house to developed them and when I got the pictures, I nearly fainted! Apparently the shop is using low quality paper and printing colours so the photos turn out to be really bad. They look almost like all the pictures were taken in a mist! So I went to another so call ‘branded’ photo shop to have them printed again and wondering how come that shop can survive their business until today. Ok …. So now I have my new nice print but what I am going to do with the previous one? Heard from some mommies that we are not allow to throw away our photos (you can call me superstitious :P :P) since I do not want to keep those lousy printed photos, I was thinking why not I ‘sent’ them away instead? Hhhmmm … good idea isn’t it? So I flip through some of the baby magazines, got their address, attached Angel’s ‘low quality’ photos, sealed those envelopes and sent them out the very next day so that I don’t have to look at those lousy prints. Wa laaaa …… problem solved!

One month later, I received 2 letters in my mail box and when I opened them ….. Gosh!!!!! Angel’s photos won in the contest!! Her so call ‘low quality’ photos were feature inside this month’s (September issue) MomBaby (妈妈宝宝) and also Mami Baby (妈咪贝B). One of her photo is among the 6 winning pictures (2nd roll in the middle .... Yup!! That's her!!) and the other one even win her the 1st prize!!! This is the very first time that I sent her photos for such contests and she has not only win 1 but 2 prizes! Tell me if that wasn’t lucky or what!!! I must say that they do published her photos really quick coz I heard from some mommies that normally we need to wait for months for the photos to be selected. I must say that I am thrill and I am really proud of my little Angel! (Not bad hor ........ able to ‘utilise’ the ‘unwanted’ pictures into good use. LOL) Oh ya ..... and also a big thank you to that photo shop too, I guess he did that purposely :P :P


妈妈宝宝 - September 2008 ..............................................妈咪贝B - September 2008

16 comments:

Mummy Gwen said...

Luckily, u didn't throw away the photos ...haha..I never heard b4 that we can't throw photos away ler. By the way, Congrats and the pics of Angel are really cute. :)

cre8tone said...

Double congrats to u and angel, again!~ :)
Wow! ur so-called-low-quality photos oso can win 2 prizes.. somemore one of them is champion!~ Really geng la~~~

Serene said...

U r so lucky! But of cos Angel looks cute thats why deserved to win la!
So happy for u... hahaha!

2xMum said...

Eii... I thought I commented yesterday nite. My comments not shown here...

Anyway, congrats x 2 to you and Angel again!! Envy you mommies... so semangat entering bb contests.

I'm a super lazy mom. Lazy to develop and send the photos in! :P

MommyAngel said...

Hi Mummy Gwen, Thank you ..... that's what I heard from those mommies la so I just go by the flow lo :P

Hi PeiWun, thanks you again :) :) I think after they printed them out in the magazine, all look the same quality gua so they don't mind? Hahahaha ...... anyway, you can notice that Angel do not have a nose in all her picture coz no 'contrast' at all from the printing. Do you also see that her face is all bright white like a mist? Maybe I should post a comparison of the 2 pictures by the 2 photo shops ... hehehe.

Hi Serene, Thank you Serene, ya lor .... that's why I say she is lucky lo. But it does feel great to see her picture printed in the magazine, hehehe ....

MommyAngel said...

Hi Doreen, You posted yesterday? Nvm la, might be lost somewhere already ... hehehe.

Thank you and thank you again for your congrats. Actually I think I am also a lazy x 1000 mummy like you la .... that's why Angel is almost 1 1/2 year old liao I yet to sent in any pictures of hers to any of the contest until this incident happened 1 month's back. I also didn't expect to win. At that time, I JUST WANT TO GET RID OF THOSE PICTURES!!! Hahaha ... that's why I said she is lucky :) Maybe I should send in more of her nice nice pictures hor …… so when you are not that ‘lazy’ and thinking of sending Ryan’s picture, drop me a message and motivate me a bit too :) :)

Julie said...

Double congratulations! This shows that Angel is really adorable eventhough the pics quality are low.

nicole said...

Congrate to Angel, she is so adorable. U so lucky la, i think i also wana try my luck...

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Congrats to you and Angel. No wonder she can get double win, she looked so cute in the pic..

MeRy said...

Congrats to Mommy Angel & Little Angel!!

Sha@Mama TinaAzra said...

Congratulation caroline and angel! wah..so lucky ha..killing 2 birds in one time... :)

MommyAngel said...

Julie, thanks for your compliments :)

Nicole, ya lor .... go ahead and try your luck, waiting to hear your good news soon ya. Good luck!

JT, thanks .... she is as naughty as ever la :)

Mery, thanks ya.

Sha, thank you thank you, ya lor ... 2 birds this time, hehehe :)

Esmeralda said...

Congrats to Angel, and to you and hubby too Caroline. No wonder Angel can win the price coz she's so cute and adorable in those pictures. Why don't you continue to send her entries in? Who knows she'll win again?

MommyAngel said...

Thanks Esmeralda, maybe I should but I am quite a lazy mom la, hehehe .... have you sent Ashton's picture to those mag?

Esmeralda said...

I have never sent Ashton's photo to any magazine before. I'm too lazy too.. Haha... and I don't think we can win too... Also am worried where the photos will go to once the competition has ended (haha.. very old-fashioned mum here)

MommyAngel said...

Esmeralda, hhhmmmm .... I never think of that too :)