Thursday, September 18, 2008

My Baby Boy’s is having Fish!!

Since I can’t feed Angel with fish for the moment being due to her allergy problem, what should I do with the Cod filet that I had bought for her? Finally, I have decided to cook the cod for my baby boy instead (yes, my baby boy which Angel calls Papa :P ). I baked those cod filet with some soy sauce, dark soy sauce and honey in the oven, and side with some mash potatoes and fresh vegetables plus a quick pumpkin soup, done!! I do not know the exact measurement for this recipe because I just adding them along the way, guess that’s how an unprofessional cook i.e. me cook our meals :) Also, I will always try to avoid Chinese cooking (hubby’s favourite) because honestly, I think Chinese food is a very hard dish to master and also, I have no idea how to make a Chinese dish out of the Cod filet *blush*

Hubby actually likes the dish and asked me to cook it again some other time. hohoho …… I wonder will I be able to recoup my memory on how to cook this dish again?? Anyway, I am glad that hubby enjoys the meal that I cook for his dinner :) At least, I have 2 ‘kids’ (hubby + Angel) at home who loves mommy’s home-cooking :) :)

13 comments:

Serene said...

Wow.. good job Caroline!!
You really good in cooking Ang Mo food leh..
So good that your boy and girl love your cooking! I'm sure you feel very 幸福 seeing them eat ur 爱心 cooking! =)

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Caroline, I like the meal also. Looked professional mah..YOu really a good cook leh. For me, I am not good in cooking western food and my hubby also dont really enjoy it. So chinese food will be the one I am trying to master now.
Good that your husband loves it.

Mummy Gwen said...

Wah..another creation from u. Looks absolutely yummy. I think preparing Western food is easier than Chinese food too. :P Too bad my hubby doesn't like Western food.

Mummy Gwen said...

By the way, I have another award for u: http://mummygwen.blogspot.com/2008/09/i-love-your-blog.html

Lee said...

Hi mummyangel, well done...Cod is always a delicious fish anyhow you cook it.
I love Cod fish and chips.
You have a pleasant week and happy cooking, Lee.

Administrator said...

wow..that looks like the masterpiece of a top notch chef!...good job!

2xMum said...

Waa... you're very good at cooking western, huh?

My hubby loves western but too bad I don't know how to cook western.

Few chinese simple dishes I know a little lo...

I think by steaming the cod fish is also nice. :)

cre8tone said...

Yummy food for ur 'baby boy' again.. hahahah

Esmeralda said...

Great job Caroline. You should be proud of yourself for being able to cook such a nice Western Dinner. My hb has been nagging me to cook Western food, but I'm quite lazy.. Poor hb! I think I have to start cooking Western food for him liao..

MeRy said...

Caroline, u seem very expert in western food. Need to learn some tips from you.
Happy cooking!!

MommyAngel said...

Hi to All,

Ya lor …. I prefers to cook western food coz I am a cheese and mayo maniac!!! Just can’t leave without them as you can see from my ‘size’ now, huk huk huk.

Seems like most of your hubby doesn’t like western cuisine hor, at first my hubby too and you should see the way he eat his steaks, hahaha ….. but he comes to love it day by day especially something he doesn’t taste before :) Same as Uncle Lee, I also love fish and chips during the days when I am studying in the UK, but since I am back, hardly found a nice F&C, maybe because of the hot whether?

Looks like the masterpiece of a top notch chef?? Hahaha ….. Irene, you are always so generous in your comment la but I really appreciate it :) Thanks a lot ya :)

However, I think steaming the cod fish will get a very strong cod taste unless you like the taste? Maybe I will try some other day but no idea what to use for seasoning …… (told you I am bad in Chinese cuisine, hehehe)

Ya … I think I need to start learning some decent Chinese cooking from all of you and Esmeralda, don’t be put off by Western cuisine because it’s much more simple then you’ve thought since you also love cheese :)

And Mery, you are always welcome to ask me the ‘half pail water’ (poon tong shoi) if you don’t mind :P :P

Esmeralda said...

Caroline, looking at ur achievement here, I've been motivated to start cooking Western cuisine for my hb then. Thanks ya... Haha.. sometimes looking at other mummies achievement really motivates me... "Jia yiu" on Chinese cuisine...

MommyAngel said...

Hi Esmeralda, Jia yu ... we must motivate each other :)