Wednesday, January 19, 2011

What Do You Normally Do Before CNY?

What do you normally do before Chinese New Year? Yes, definitely a new hair cut!

After Angel's disastrous hair cut by hubby here, I finally decided to handle this important task to the hands of the professionals. And finally, it is Angel's maiden hair cut in a Salon after all these years! :D

She was extremely afraid of her hair being trimmed by a total stranger. But I told her daddy was having his hair cut too and she finally gave in under the condition that 1) I hold her hand throughout the process and 2) She do not want her hair being washed!


^ ^ Mommy! Don't let them wash my hair ok, Mommy?? *holding my hand tightly*


But .... once it's washed, no turning back :P :P And she quite enjoy her hair wash actually telling me that the 'Ayi' massage her hair :P while I was a bit apprehensive telling the lady, "Don't scratch so hard! Don't scratch so hard!".



Time to rinse off those shampoo. And look! She still clasping to my hand don't wanna let go :)



There, she is done and she looks so cute with her hair wrapped up that way :)



While waiting for her hair stylist who is busy with another customer, she was having a wonderful time jumping and running wondering around the entire salon, touching everything, then walk towards daddy who is busy with his hair being cut asking the same old question,"Papa, you cut your hair? Yes Papa? Huh? Huh?" over and over and over again. (she likes to repeat her questions over and over again lately.)



Finally, the moment of hair trimming! She was extremely nervous holding my hands firmly until I told her I have to check whether her hair was straight from afar and then quickly snap a picture of her precious moment ^_^



I requested her hair stylist to do a cute 'mushroom' cut for her, only realising that the hair stylist also having the same hair style and looks awfully strange *OMG* Then I hesitatingly told him I do not want 'his version' of mushroom style though (which half of his head was shaved bold at the back!) but he proudly told me his version is the newest trend and smile *gulp*

It's really hard to make Angel sit still throughout the entire process and I was so worried that this apparently very clumsy 'novice' leng-chai si-fu will poke her eyes. *wipe sweat*



When the work is finally done, Angel looks so urgency to check on her new look! She even grab the small mirror and wanted to check the back of her hair! @_@



So how does she look as compare to her very messy 'rockers' hair style the day before the cut?



So after Angel and daddy was done, it's mommy's turn ...... finally, phew! I thought I wasn't gonna get one this year! And guess how much is the Shampoo + Cut + Blow Dry cost?

Initially, it's RMB 20 + 60 + 110 = RMB 190 and since daddy is paying upfront joining their membership, we got a good 50% discount which makes it a finally total of RMB95 (around RM45++) for ALL 3 of us! Yes, that's before CNY and in SHANGHAI!! Can you believe it?? :P :P

So have you done with your new hair cut this year?

17 comments:

Alice Law said...

RM45 for 5 person kar(cum hair wash and dry)?!! That's a steal my friend, darn cheap!!!>_<

LOL, Angel looks like a Japanese mei mei now! Cute!^-^

Oliveoylz said...

I love all the snapshots of Angel going thru the process of her maiden haircut at the saloon. You took all those precious pics of her while she held on to one hand of yours? My my, very skilled! She looks absolutely charming with the towel wrap! You didn't show her back view? Now...don't suppose it's like the leng chai shi fu's right? kekeke *wink wink* Love her new neat look!

Small Kucing said...

She really look cute with her hair wrapped up like that. Her new look is great

Mummy Moon said...

That is a good bargain :P SHe looks cute now and neat :)

I have yet to done mine, I don't know why, so delay for this year, sure I kena extra charge at this last minute time, sigh.

A gift from God said...

Hehehe... she is really so pretty. I like the pic with her hair wrapped in the towel!! precious!

Mummy Gwen said...

Angel's new haircut is neat and cute. :) She was very brave. Bravo Angel! Gwen hasn't stepped into a hair salon yet.

What a bargain...only RM45+ for the 3 of you!! What bout Mummy's new haircut..hehe...we wanna see too. ^_^

MeRy said...

Rm45 for 3 persons....cheap la...
I thought of going for rebonding but really no time for it ,coz Ryan is with me all the time and whenever I left the house, he wants to follow.

CathJ said...

wah nice hair cut angel have there.. and good girl for letting others to cut for her this time.. hihihi...

I am planning to bring my boy for a hair cut also.. he only want the Indian barber near our hse to do his hair.. LOL..

I am planning to trim my hair too.. not for the CNY but more into my preparation for my confinement.. hihi..

Thinking of colouring my hair.. but I will never put any chemical on my body before my baby born.. so.. my hair is like 3 inch black from root.. and the rest are coloured.. soooo ugly... hahahahha...

Serene said...

That's very cheap.. I love Angel's new hair style.. very cute! and her big round round eyes... aiyoh! Cute betul!!

cre8tone said...

The price is simply reasonable!! cheap cheap..

Linda said...

how did you make part of the pics blur? very nice la...
Angel looks much neater and cute with the new "mushroom" hair... :)
i trimmed my girls hair myself, didn't have time to have my haircut lately... i trimmed my own hair the last few times... LOL.... i wish to get my spring cleaning done before CNY...

MommyAngel said...

Hi Linda, Thanks for the compliment. Some is the effect of the camera and the rest, I use photoshop :)

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

It has been quite some time I did not visit your blog, how are you doing Caroline?

Angel has grown up so much but she still looking cute with the big round eyes.

I must say Angel was doing well with her first time hair cutting at saloon. As for Sarah, she only VISITED saloon before but never had hair cut there. I guess Sarah will be more nervous than Angel.

Angel definitely look good and neat in her new hair style.

Anyway, Gong Xi Fatt Cai to you.

2ma said...

angel is so cute! soon, she will be asking for more salon visits *hehe*

ChloeRuoyi said...

Such a pleasant experience for the whole family... and the price in the nice saloon is so reasonable. Chloe had her first haircut in the saloon at around this age too but she cried until she vomited :(

Angel is very pretty lah... love her big round eyes :)

mNhL said...

Angel's new hairstyle is very nice. And love her BIG ROUND EYES!

2xMum said...

She's so adorable ler!