Thursday, December 24, 2009

Daddy's Haircut Of Love ^_^

Hubby decided to give Angel a haircut himself (ahem!!!) while I think that’s really sweet. I prepared Angel before hand showing her videos of kids having their haircut and she was so excited and shouted, “Cut Hair!! Cut Angel hair!!” for the past few days.


So when the day came, hubby brought Angel into the bathroom and then start doing his first cut with the 1 and only equipment he brought along – a scissor, while I worriedly grab a comb along and said …….

M: Errrrmmm ….. you don’t need a comb to straighten her hair before cutting????
H: No need la!! I can use my hand. *touch touch Angel’s hair*

H: See, they are straightened!
M: *gulp* …..

M: Aren’t you want to wet Angel’s hair a bit so that they were easier to cut???
H: What for? I think I can handle dry hair …..

M: But you need to wet them and then comb them properly first so that you could ……..
H: *angry* Aiyaaaa!!! You stopped bothering me lah!! I know what I am doing!!!!! Can you go out, close the door and let me do my job????

*praying while I closed the toilet door leaving a gap keeping an eye on him and Angel*

Snap! Snap! Snap! with Angel starts crying because she was terrified with those black looking hair falling onto her shoulder and body. Hubby trying hard to console our poor little girl and occasionally raising his voice to keep her standing still.

Finally, everything was done in less then 10 minutes (that was quick) and after Angel got her shower, hubby carried Angel out with a smile on his face ……

H: Not too bad!!! Not too bad!! I am good at this *wink at me*
M: Really?? *what a relief* That’s great!!! Come ….. let me blow dry Angel’s soaking wet hair after she got dressed.

Once I blow dry Angel’s hair, that’s the ‘not too bad’ outcome according to the si-fu (master) ………..

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-


Gulp~~!!! Is that a hair cut or a terrible ‘dog bite’???? O-M-G!!!! *fainted*

M: *call hubby* Come see yourself!!!! Is that a straight line ???
H: Impossible!!! I cut her hair straight I am sure!!!! *embarrassed*

M: And why you cut her hair that short?? That’s a boy cut!!!
H: How to cut them middle length while her ears are both side blocking the way??? I won’t want to cut into her ears you see ……

M: That’s like a ‘coconut hair’!! And a ‘crooked’ coconut hair too!!! *you know …..*
H: I think they look stylish and ok mah ~~

M: ……………….. *totally speechless so I hold Angel before him to let him have a closer look himself*
H: It is not that bad what ~~ *O.o*

Then I show Angel to the mirror while she take a long looked at herself without showing or saying anything and then suddenly, she frown in the mirror and said: “BOY~~~” *>”<* Luckily it’s another 1 month + before Chinese New Year and I am trying to be optimistic hoping that her hair will grow a bit longer by then. Since this is daddy’s first hair cut for Angel so I know that he has tried his best but restricted by his ‘very limited talents’ (which he is trying very hard to deny until now) :P. Anyhow, apart from the ‘outcome’, that is indeed a very memorable moments for our little girl as well as for daddy I think :) And later that day while hubby was carrying Angel alone in the other room, I overheard hubby secretly whispers gently to Angel “Angel~~, Sorry oh ~~…….” *Smile* I guess that must be referring to the hair cut …………

21 comments:

shoppingmum said...

OMG!!! I'll surely scold my hubby if he did that. :P But my hub is the one who trims the kids' hair too, if needed, so luckily still not too bad. It needs a lot of practice, one day Angel's daddy can do a great job in cutting her hair. :)

2ma said...

i am still laughing while writing this. your hubby really keng ah!!! he can say angel's haircut not bad *haha* maybe you try the same haircut on him??? anyway, merry christmas to you & your family!

Serene said...

For me, Angel looks stylish from her front view. I think daddy has tried his best already! As you said, it's another 1month+ before CNY, so next is to bring Angel to local hair saloon to trim her hair nice and neatly =)

LittleLamb said...

hahahahahahahahahhahaha i cant stop laughing. firstly the daddy had a good intention n very helpful want to cut Angel's hair. Although it is not perfect, but its still acceptable. i also cut philip's hair till today..hehehehehehehe

LittleLamb said...

btw, i m taken to like Angel's big eyes le...

Anggie's Journal said...

oh dear .. what happen to angel hair ??? keep it long lor ...
Last, Merry Christmas to u ..

Mummy Gwen said...

This kind of cut is not easy leh. Your Hubby will improve if only you'll let him cut Angel's hair again. LOL.

Keep long hair lah, Mummy. :) Merry Christmas to you and your family!

BoeyJoey said...

It's ok, although not very feminine now, Angel still look cute :-). Kids' hair grow out quickly so don't worry ya...

Here's wishing you and your family Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

coffeesncookies said...

Sorry, I can't help laughing at yr hubs job. If given me, I'll laugh more than be angry and feel pity for poor innocent Angel ,,, some more the fact yr hubs said sorry quietly, he must admit it's a shoddy job. Anyway, takes some skill to cut it straight. I always do a little bit of layering first, comb straight and cut across, if i don't do layering a bit, then my girls hair will look like 'tung ko tau' - mushroom head.. that's what she was called after i cut her fringe straight across for the first time..
Anyway, Merry Christmas to you and your family !!!!!!

ChloeRuoyi said...

HAHAHAHA! I'm sorry but I find this really, really hilarious, I actually laughed aloud! I must say that you are really brave and "generous", Caroline, for letting your hubby carry out this "experiment". Just can't stop laughing at the uneven fringe haha. the daddy is very sporting and funny too :-)

Health Freak Mommy said...

I also had a good laugh at your hubby's creation. Sorry ar but your hubby is such a terror lol!

Cynthia said...

I was laughing while reading this... anyway, it's a good effort the daddy trying to have some 'bonding' time with Angel... nvm la, I am sure in times to come, her hair will grow and can bring to the professional to do that...

Merry Christmas to you and Angel.. not forgetting your hub too!! May you all have a blessed festive!

Mommy to Chumsy said...

hahhahahahahahahaha....so funny. Angel still look very cute after the haircut. Well, at least your hubs tried to DIY ;)

CathJ said...

So so sorry my friend... I have to laugh at this time... loud 1... hahahhahahah...

Never mind.. it will grows back.. very fast 1... ^_^

Linda said...

huahahaha... that's so funny.. next time try to do it yourself... haha

I used to cut my girl hair, but now it's has been monopolized by my mother...

the father daughter bonding is more important than the outcome, right? haha

Mummy Moon said...

Aiyo, Angel so "cham", with the out come. Daddy got the heart to cut her hair but no skill :( Ask him to practice more eh, play on the doll's hair first ah!

Julie said...

Didn't you know, never let the man bring your child for a haircut. They create disaster. :)

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Ops, altho daddy has done an ok job on the hair cut, but practice makes prefect. Sooner, daddy can master the skills.

2xMum said...

O dear! Well, he's tried his best. And Angel is so good girl to stand still for daddy to cut her hair. I don't think my Ryan would ever stand still for a single min!!

One week ago, my hub also did a snip on Ryan's fringe by grabbing the fringe into one bunch and cut it off just like that! In the end, I kenot bear with the disaster he made, I grabbed the scissors and cut his fringe shorter to make it look better :P

cre8tone said...

Haha! Your hubby said 'stylist' somemore!~

Alice Law said...

lol... "Bat Teng Lou Po Yin, Hek Guai Zoi Ngan Qin"! (That's the consequences of not listening to wifey) Muahahahaha!

p/s: Kesian Angel!