Thursday, June 03, 2010

6 More Days To Go …..

……. and I still can’t believe it's here so soon !!!!!!!!

Finally I am back to Malaysia and getting everything prepared to welcome our little precious #2 into our family. In less the 6 days will be ‘THE BIG DAY’ for baby #2 already (Yeah ….. I know, can’t believe that it will be soooooo soon!!!) and it has been such a wonderful pregnancy journey so far. Actually my 2nd pregnancy experience is not much different from Angel’s time (if not worst). The horrible and terrible morning sickness, heartburn for a full 5 months and also, my health turning down hill since the day I conceived + all the pregnancy blues & mood swings, etc ….. however with Angel’s lovely smile surrounding me every single day and hubby’s understanding + constant shower me with all his tender loving care (he actually cooks + do all cleanings + ironing for the first few months *sweet* ^_^ ) and my mom’s great help in taking over Angel for a couple of months at the later stage of my pregnancy, etc ….. all these helping hands somehow makes things become more easy to bear and everything seems to pass by so quickly and smoothly.

So far, things has been rough during the 1st trimesters but thanks to my pregnancy brains not functioning properly, things which I still remembered mostly was the happy times which I had with our family of 3+1 spending together and going for baby #2’s monthly pre-natal check-ups, watching the little person doing all sort of funny moves in the tiny ultrasound screens, etc. Baby #2 is so much active then Angel’s time until at one point, I asked my obstetrician “Is too active considered a problem?????” which the obstetrician had a good laugh :P There is not much of baby #2 ultrasound picture taken due to baby is ever moving until the doctor has to tell her, “Calm down baby!! Calm down!!” each and everytime :)



With this pregnancy, I was also put on the high risk list of Pre-Gestational Diabetes (I have a border line results) and also baby #2 is found to be 2 weeks in advance in terms of size in the early stage. Hence as directed by the obstetrician, I really controlled what I ate and drink throughout this pregnancy in order to avoid the need of the insulin injection everyday. I have to poke my fingers 5 times per day (since my 24 weeks untill now) to monitor the level of my blood sugar after each and every meal and that is really something hard to forget ever!! *Oh …. My poor fingers* With Angel, I have gained a hefty 25 - 30 kg but with #2, I only gained 4 - 5kg so far (I started off very overweight also-lah FYI :P) and I am glad that with a healthy eating plan + increased my level of activities *thanks to hubby who drag me out of the house almost every few days*, baby #2 seems to grow well and healthily day by day without any medical intervention :)


I aslo get all sorts of different comments about my belly in this pregnancy. For example, some didn’t even noticed that I was pregnant when I was actually 6 months along the way (boarding flights without being noticed or need to fill up any forms) but on the other hand, I also got few strangers commented that my tummy look extremely huge for a 6th month belly and asked whether it’s twins *>’’<*. When I am back here in Malaysia, some would said that my tummy looks small for a 37th weeks pregger but some said it’s huge. *grin* So I really don’t know whether it’s small or large but doctor told me baby #2 is growth is right on track, not too big or too small which is great :) I even get to enjoy a great ‘babymoon’ during my 2nd trimesters after getting the green lights from my obstetrician ……. visiting LiJiang - travelling up a 4506m above sea level YuLong Snow Mountain (and we actually brought oxygen with us!) and also, been to JiuZhaiGou - jungle tracking and walking a few KM with my 6 months pregnant huge belly …… although I did get some strange looks from a lot of local travelers on and off (they must be wondering what a heavily pregnant woman doing here, walking and jungle tracking + stairs climbing in the jungle and such cold weather, etc) but I actually feels better physically and mentally after all the ‘exercises’ and the fresh air away from the polluted Shanghai City. Hubby is so nice to actually let me tag along for all his trips to Nanjing, ChongQing and ChengDu and therefore, I feels like I am actually having the greatest holiday in my life and forgot all about my aching back bone or sore feet after exploring all these places which I never had a change to visit before.


Baby #2 is also a very special baby :) This little person is very responsive (which is totally different from Angel) and whenever hubby is talking near my tummy, Baby #2 would actually response to hubby’s call and never fails to give hubby and me some ‘hint’ that baby is actually listening to us. Watching baby #2 doing all sorts of somersaults inside my belly is hubby’s favourite pass time too. This never happens in Angel’s time as Angel would totally ignore us when she was still inside my tummy. Baby #2 also loves milk as compare to Angel’s time where Angel only loves Milo and would only move during her milo time. Baby #2 will move non stop whenever I saw food on the table or every 3 hours after meal signaling me it’s time to Eat! Eat! Eat! (I actually ate minimum 5 meals per day) I began to love the feeling of baby #2 sleeping cosily inside my tummy as this little person hasn’t really bring much problems to me in terms of walking / moving around up to this point *happy*. When I was pregnant with Angel, I could hardly walk at all since I hit my 3rd trimesters and have to be confined at home most of the time. With Baby #2, I can still go shopping all day long and driving all day long all by myself without much problems which really makes my pregnancy journey much more enjoyable :)

I can’t believe that with just a blink of an eye, it’s only less then 6 DAYS away from ‘THE BIG DAY’ that I would actually get to meet baby #2 in person and hold this tiny little person in my arms for the very first time ^_^ Although I will be more then happy if baby #2 decided to hold on pass the EDD but guess that it’s never going to happen this time for this is my 2nd c-section and My Obstetrician advised to actually have the operation half month earlier. So I guess baby #2 would meet us earlier on her 38th gestational week instead?

Oh dear, I think I have started to miss my pregnancy journey and baby #2 staying inside my huge huge tummy already even before baby is born ……. I really never get bored or tired in this pregnancy for some reason ^_^ But anyway, kind of ‘gan cheong’ heading towards the day I get to meet baby #2 and kissed this little precious for the very first time ^_^ I must admit that I am very scared about the operation too at the same time *_*III

Wish me luck ^_^

20 comments:

Linda said...

Welcome back, Angel's Mummy.. :)
Have a smooth labour....
Happy to hear the No.2 went smoothly.

Serene said...

Caroline, I'm so "gan cheong" for you too... Glad to hear everything is fine there. You looks great in the picture!! Wow, 6months preggie and you still go jungle tracking??! and travelling to so many places... no doubt the greatest holiday in life.. heheh. Time really flies ya, just a blink of eye, you are oing to meet your baby#2 soon. Take good care, wish you a smooth delivery!!

Anggie's Journal said...

ALL the very very very best to u ... and good luck .. u look great and u gain only 4 to 5Kg ??? u serious ??
haha.... anyway ... send my hugs to ur angel ^*^

shoppingmum said...

Have a smooth delivery!!! Can't wait to see baby#2 pics. :)

ChloeRuoyi said...

I feel excited for you too... Sounds like you are enjoying your pregnancy to the max, which is good :) Here's wishing you a safe and smooth delivery, Caroline. Can't wait to see your #2 (very secretive about the gender, eh) hehe! Take care!

Cynthia said...

oh.. time flies!! I tot it was like a few months back when we got to know your preggy #2!

Welcome home my dear, and take care and all the best!

Alice Law said...

Lovely layout!! I was merely diagnosed as gestational diabetes too, with my borderline unrine sugar result... blessed that not much complication through out my pregnancy!

All the best to you! Waiting for your good news! A Safe delivery and please have a nice day!

2xMum said...

Have a smooth delivery! Take care ya. *hugs*

Mummy Moon said...

Enjoy reading this post, You got a very relax pregnancy... Happy for you. You look great in the photo too.

cre8tone said...

Smooth delivery ya!~

Mummy Gwen said...

I'm also very excited for you. Wishing you a smooth delivery, Caroline. You look great in the photo. I think I can see you tummy ler. ^_^

Take care dear.

Mommy to Chumsy said...

Good luck to you and have a safe delivery :D

MeRy said...

Hope you have a smooth delivery...looking forward 4 more updates from u.
Tkcare!!

CathJ said...

It feels good to hear from you again... I wish you all the best during the labor...

YOu look amazing... can climb some more??? ~.@ ...waaaa.... but it's a good exercise.. :)

All the best my fren... :)

Can't believe it too... another 6 days...???

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Wowww..I am so excited for you Caroline.

So nice that you only gained little weight for this pregnancy. Therefore you will have no headache in future in cutting down the weight.

Hmmm...let me guess. Baby No. 2 is a boy boy, yeah? Remember to send me gift if I got it right yeah:-)

Anyway, dont worry about the C-sect. You will be fine:-)

Merryn said...

*sweat* lol... so excited now.. can't wait too... keep us posted kay?

u take care now

:D

BoeyJoey said...

Wow... that's 5 days from today! Time passes so quickly; I'm excited for you too :-).

Have a smooth delivery, very soon, you have your bubba in your arms and Angel will be the happiest jie jie!

coffeesncookies said...

Caroline,
Welcome back ! I was about to ask about your pregnancy when I saw you comment in my blog and now, hear you'll be due in 5 days time.
Do take care and all my best wishes to you for a safe delivery and hope to hear from you real soon. Update us on #2 birth story k ?

Julie said...

I kept reading "baby #2" only. So is it a boy or girl this time? Have a safe delivery.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Oh my, so fast popping soon? I am excited 4 u! Do u know the gender of the bb yet? I wish u a very smooth sailing and pain-free delivery. Can't wait to see ur bb's face.