Thursday, November 19, 2009

Her First ‘Few’ Snowflakes

* but sadly no picture was taken coz the snowflakes are really too ‘few’ to be capture by the camera :( :( *

While I was gazing outside the window, suddenly I saw that the raindrops today seem a little larger then usual and I look closer ……. OMG, it’s some snowflakes mixing with the rain! So I started to shouted uncontrollably with all I might for Angel who is doing her caterpillar crawl *again* outside our bedroom corridor

“ANGELLLLL~~~~!! COME QUICK~~~~~!!!!! IT’S SNOWING~~~~!!!!!!!!!!”

Then suddenly I saw her running like a lightning, shaking and look a little frighten while whining a little, rushing towards me hugging me tide ….. oh dear, I must have frighten this poor little girl with my sudden loud shout, poor girl!! *sorry dear*

After she has calm down, I show her the ‘very few’ snowflakes falling from the sky outside our house and tell her that they were snow. Although it just lasted for 1-2 minutes and melted before even touching the land, I think no one can really noticed that it’s snowing if they didn’t look closer but at least Angel did see ‘some’ of her first few snowflakes today :P It has been years since my last snow and I kind of missing it at this moment though ……..


However, I do hope that we could hang on till the day we really see some snow here coz at the mean time, all I could think about and longing for was the warm and nice hot weather back in Malaysia/ Bangkok. Although the people here keep telling me that it won’t snow in Shanghai during winter time but I am just keeping my wish. It did snow once and only once here few years back so I am keeping my finger crossed! :)

Right now, the first thing I really need to do is to ask hubby to get me and Angel both a raincoat so if ‘miracle’ does happen again, we will be the first one to zoom out of the house and feel it for real ^_^

18 comments:

smallkucing said...

And get the camera ready too :p. Sure to have more snow coming .

cre8tone said...

Wow! Snowing~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Not enough snow to make a snow man? hehe~

Mommy to Chumsy said...

aww..it'll be nice to snow then Angel can make a snow angel :D

CathJ said...

That's wonderful moment... ^_^

Hope you won't missed the miracle moment.. and get ready camera.. hehehehe...

Merryn said...

i wanna cry. so touching... first snowflake.. that is sooo cool! still.. i wanna cry...

Mummy Gwen said...

Yeah...get the raincoats and camera ready. Shanghai doesn't snow during winter huh...funny eh coz Beijing snows.

Anggie's Journal said...

snow ??? i miss i miss snow....:P
it seem very cold there ya ???
Yeah ... i think u r frighten the lil angle with ur too "excited" while seeing snow ... :P

ChloeRuoyi said...

Sounds very cold to me... (I can't stand cold) Hope the miracle comes true and you'll all get to play with snow!

Cynful Pleasure said...

Angel is such a lovely dovey with her winter clothing.. ok.. hope that your 'miracle' will happen, and we can share the joy too when it happen right.. :D

LittleLamb said...

lookssssssssssss so cool there....
i m sure it will snow ..in just matter of time..

2ma said...

is angel excited when you show her the snow?

Lee said...

Hi Mommy Angel, you got a cute daughter there. No snow yet?
Noticed your previous posting temp was 2-4'c. Here they say it's cool, ha ha.
You should experience a -28'c tempe, ha ha. And lots of snow....till forget the colour of grass.
Have fun and keep well, best regards, Lee.

2xMum said...

she's so cute la!!

oh boy, Angel is so lucky! I haven't got my first few snowflakes before leh... :P

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Hi Caroline,
How are you and Angel? Really miss you both.
I have no idea at all that you are at Shanghai till I saw some of the comments at facebook.

It is such a wonderful feeling when seeing snow yeah? Moreover feeling it on the hand.

I like Angel with the white jacket. She just like a little rabbit, super cute!

BoeyJoey said...

Remember to video Angel's reactions next time... will make precious memories for both you and Angel :-)

Angeline said...

Oh My!
Angel is soooooooooo adorable!!!

Snowflakes?
AAaaaawww.... I would love to experience that on my palm too....

Oliveoylz said...

Must be getting colder and colder since you posted this...has it snowed since then? Hope to see a snowman built by Angel and mummy here soon :) Angel looks so cute wrapped up just like an eskimo!

UmmiRosma said...

It will be a fantastic experience for Angel...so be ready with the camera dear..share some pics ya...really wanna see how ShangHai is snowing...best of luck...