Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Prawn Soup Noodles (虾面)


When I asked hubby what shall I cook for dinner that day and he joked with me that he wanted to eat homecook Prawn Soup Noodles(虾面). Hahahaha ….. I really feel like bagging on the wall but ……. everything must have the first time right? :P So after getting the necessary ingredients and peeling the prawns, suddenly hubby was so ‘helpful’ enough to throw away all the prawn shells which I kept for making prawn soup (>”<) So to make thing simple, I have decided to get the Prawn Noodle Paste instead. Save me some work and time for boiling the soup too :P So to make a bowl of hubby’s favourite Prawn Noodle, that’s what I have prepared to complete my “King’s” favourite dish. That’s basically what I can recoup from my memory of how a bowl of prawn soup noodle consists, right?

1. Home fried Ju-Yao-Zha (crispy pork lard)
2. Fried Shallots
3. Steamed peeled Prawns
4. Kang Kung
5. Steam Chicken
6. Boiled eggs
7. Noodles and rice vermicelli
*(all have been fried / cooked)


^ ^ My preparation for making a Prawn Noodles


^ ^ Arrange nicely on the bowl before pouring the soup

Preparing all the above were quite time consuming, especially slicing and peeling the shallots. Preparing the soup was easy and even added some fish sauce and some seasonings to make it suit our taste. Then all ingredients were arranged nicely in a bowl and pour in the soup, walahhhhhh …… it’s done!!!!

^ ^ The instant prawn soup paste I am using, very nice and very spicy ^_^

Hubby commended that it’s the nicest Prawn Soup Noodles that he has ever eaten and gave me 2 thumbs up and even asked me to cook that again for the next day and the day after. Hahahahaha ……. I think the Prawn Soup Noodle taste good too but just that the soup is a little too spicy for my poor taste buds but hubby just love the ‘ummpphhh’ from the hot and spicy prawn soup perfectly! So the entire pot of soup and all those you’ve seen in the pictures were polished off by hubby in no time. He surely have a huge appetite that night but poor me with my poor ‘lack of feeling’ tongue after the meal :P

25 comments:

Merryn said...

That prawn noodle looks so good! i wanna eat some too. but since i cant do it myself, i'll have to go to the hawker store to look for some. but mostly not nice one!

CathJ said...

Wow.. you soo good lah in cooking my fren...

I always came across.. run out of idea on what to cook.. sometimes ended with eating maggie mee... lol... ;-p

P/s about the gift..price does not matter.. The thought is soo meaning full... Thank you again...:-D (Don't buy expensive stuff for him...he will 'project' it in a second... T_T...

MeRy said...

Yummy....Can I have a bowl too?? COurier it to me...(joking).

I think if added some beansprout will taste good too. Ur prawn mee reminds me of cooking laksa this wikend. I have bought a pack of Sarawak Laksa paste few months back n still keep it nicely in my kitchen drawer.

the little prince said...

tak boleh tahan lor!!

so yummy yummy...

see the photo, my saliva also drop!!

Mummy Gwen said...

Looks so delicious. :) You are such a good wifey. Alot of work leh cooking this. But you have the pre-pack sauce sure saves alot of time..hehe.

Ann said...

Wow...you are such a good wife. If hubby ever told me that, I think I will ask him to go out and buy! hahaha...

LittleLamb said...

u r very good wife la. when hubby request, u can immediately cook up the dish... somemore had all the ingredients.....

coffeesncookies said...

Wah.. next time I'll also use the prepack. No need to accumulate prawn heads like mad.. Hey, the brand of prawn paste you use is quite popular, I tried their curry chicken paste. Very yummy too..

Anggie's Journal said...

wow... the colour of the prawn me.. really make me .........wanna eat !!
BTW, i have try the instant kari mee for this brand , is really nice too.

cre8tone said...

Wow!!! Looks so yummy!! :)

2ma said...

ur prawn noodle looks really good leh!!! i tot which shop selling it

Irene said...

adui, sedap looking!!!!

Oliveoylz said...

Your culinary skills are super amazing! Just looking at the hockien mee pic...I know it tasted even better! Sure can fight Old Town cafe anytime.

Mummy Ryan said...

Wah u really a good + creative wife...sure you hubby + Angel will sayang you more n more...hi hi...
BTW ur prawn mee look so yummy...u make me drooling liow....so far the BEST prawn mee i eva eat is at Malacca....then i never cook prawn mee b4..leh no skill + lazy (an excuse...hi hi)

Sasha Tan said...

Teans recipes are very good. I love the laksa and the sambal . Yummy!

UmmiRosma said...

Wah you are a good chef....it is a pleasure when the family like the dish that we prepared with love...

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

I really really have to salute you Caroline. You can just cook anything, and it surely look good and taste yummy.

Your husband is so lucky to have you.

I just saw Yvonne's blog about her prawn mee and when I looked into the ingredientSSSS, I told her I will pengsan. There are so many ingredients required.

Kristie said...

YUM! i would definitely go for the paste version too... too lazy to make the stock from scratch esp when preparing meals are always quick and rush rush rush! :)

I find this a smart, easy and delicious way of cooking!

Have u tried the chicken curry paste, it's yummy too!

Ur hubby can't thank u enough for fulfilling his wishes :)

MommyAngel said...

To All: Thanks for your nice comments here :) And thanks for all your nice words too …. It really brighten up my days dear :)

Mery, Ya … I think bean sprout will taste nice too with the noodles hor, thanks for sharing :) How’s your Laksa turn out? Try it already?

Rachel, because the supermarket is just walking distance ma, hahahaha ….. :P

Coffeesncookies, really ah? I didn’t know this brand is a pupolar brand as that’s the only 1 I manage to fine :P You will know how seldom ignorant I am with those cooking ingredients (must learn more and pay more attention!!!!!) Thanks for letting me know that the curry past taste nice too ya :)

Anggie, thanks for highlighted the curry paste too! I think I will check it out soon :)

MummyRyan, Melaka’s prawn mee taste nice?? Which shop??

Sasha. The Laksa and sambal is good?? Then I will have a look too …. Now that I only know this brand comes out with so many variety of ready mix paste :P

Joanne, Yvonne’s blog?? Which Yvonne??

Kristie, nope …. Haven’t try the curry paste yet coz I thought they only come out with this one, hahahaha … I am so ignorant in these area la, must learn more!!! Thanks for letting me know …. I will check it out soon :)

Carolyn said...

That looks so delicious...makes me more hungry :-)
Thanks for sharing the ingredients to us here...

MommyAngel said...

Carolyn, you are welcome dear :)

BoeyJoey said...

Looks yummy... I'm going to try this one day, though I'm going to halve the spicy soup; ikan bilis soup for kids and hubby (hubby tak cannot tahan spicy)

MommyAngel said...

BoeyJoey, I can't take spicy soup too and hubby request to cook this during the weekend again, aikssss ... maybe I should cook ikan bilis soup for myself and let hubby have the spicy prawn soup too hor, good idea :)

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Yes, Yvonne's blog. Yvonne Fung.
http://dymilynkong.multiply.com/journal/item/791/Satisfying_Dinner

MommyAngel said...

Thanks Joanne :)