Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Somewhere Over The Rainbow


While me and hubby were still busy with our own stuffs, suddenly Angel calling to me with her soft voice “Mommy ~~, Mommy~~, See ~~ See~~!! ” while gazing upon the sky and I thought she spotted another aeroplane again. So feeling a little disturbed with what I am doing, but still .... I went over to her while stroking her soft hair and look up ….. oh my! it’s a very pretty rainbow after the rain. This is also the first time she saw a rainbow coz normally she didn't have the chance to really see the rainbow (she would now pronounce it was 'Meh-Mow' instead of rainbow LoL) and now that she spotted her first rainbow, so I took out her little book with the rainbow pictures in it and starts showing her how pretty the real one is compare to the one in the book. Yes .... it definitely looks different .......

And when I look closer, it’s not only 1 rainbow but 2 rainbows actually …. It’s so breathe taking!! It makes me think that sometimes we who living in the city are really too occupied with our daily busy life routine and the fast pace of things around us (work, chores, errands, etc). It seems that the older we gets, the more that we are holding our heads down - busy (while kids will always look up and around) and concentrate too much on what’s piling before us, on our table or in our mind. And sometimes with the presence of a ‘cutie pie’ in our life and attending to their call, it gives us a chance to see things at their level and through their eyes, sometimes wanted us to slow down and pay attention to things that we have long forgotten, share their little world of curiosity, …… and also head raised looking up once in awhile and we might be surprise to notice something beautiful too ……

Can you spot the 2nd Rainbow on top? Isn't it so pretty?

Hhhmmm …. This reminds me of a story I once came across. I think it’s something like this …… there was a man who brought a snail for a walk and how he complains the snail is crawling too slow and delay his every steps. And along the way while he walked slowly, he starts to notice the beautiful scenery along the way, smells the flowers and feel the breeze, etc and at the end, he only realised that it’s the snail who brought the man for a walk, wanted him to slow down once in awhile, so that he could enjoy the world and see the world in from different perspectives :) How true it is ....


** Thank you my sweet little Angel for showing Mommy your first little 'Meh-Mow' (rainbow) up there :)

25 comments:

Mama Mia said...

wow..what a sight! i really like the #1 pic, it seems that the buildings is inside a crystal ball..:)

Cynful Pleasure said...

wow.. its nice.. we seldom see this kind of rainbow in the city! Angel is very observant with the "mee-bow" ya! *clap cblap*

Mommy to Chumsy said...

what a beautiful mee mow or mee mows :D i love to see rainbows. glad that angel managed to share this with her parents :D

LittleLamb said...

Angel can make 2 wishes..and the mummy too.. 2 wishes for seeing 2 rainbow. its so beautiful..

Merryn said...

dat's two beautiful rainbows! nice pics too.. :)

ChloeRuoyi said...

Wow, i think i've never seen such a perfect semi-circle rainbow that stretches from end to end like that. What a sight, and matches your background music so well... Lovely!

cre8tone said...

Lovely rainbow!~

Mummy Gwen said...

Angel is so alert eh. Where is this place lah..the building so nice one. The rainbows are so stunning. Long time never see rainbows already lor. :P

Esmeralda said...

Wow... what a sight! Your place really hv a great view.. Yup, sometimes kids are more attentive to their surroundings than us... Bravo Angel.

CathJ said...

Very cute...no wonder I heard rainbow song always... ^_^

the little prince said...

Wow...what a nice 'double' rainbow!!

Angel must be very excited ya!! :-)

MeRy said...

Nice rainbow.....My place here always hav a rainbow aftr rain and sometimes when we was out on the road, I will point n show it to Ryan.....such a colourful rainbow.I hardly see rainbow at my hometown(medan) when I was young. Till I married and move to Sibu,...I can see rainbow most of the time after rain during day time.

Kristie said...

I love rainbows too and am always fascinated by it, even now! Beautiful pix of rainbows captured! Angel is so cute, she got so excited... yes I love the way how kids think too, they are so pure and naive ya, everything is so fascinating to them!

Take a step back caroline, take a deep breath and just hug angel and hubby and smell angel's hair.... :)

Kristie said...

Tried to drop a msg at ur chatbox, but it's down.

Just want to say: get well soon :)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2ma said...

wow, such a nice rainbow moment!!! btw where is this place?? it's so nice

Cindy said...

Nice shot!

UmmiRosma said...

Awesome! It's amazing that Angel can recognize the rainbow already...oh ya..which part of Malaysian is your place? It looks like you are staying in an apartment..a high apartment? The scnery is very breathtakingly beautiful too....

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Currently you are now staying at apartment? It is such a beutiful view.

So cute that Angel pronounce rainbow as MEH-MOW.

Serene said...

Very nice rainbow.. Long long time never see rainbow already. Xixi also never see real rainbow in her life yet. =( The view from your house is so nice, I love the first picture, very nice building + rainbow.

MommyAngel said...

MamaMia, thanks :) I like that picture too ;)

Cynthia, oh …. Really ? Maybe if you look harder then you will see one :)

Mommy to Chumsy, glad that you like rainbows too :) I hardly sees one.

Rachel, thanks :)

Merryn, thanks :)

Hweili, ya … I think that’s the very first time I saw such perfect semi-circle rainbows too :)

Peiwun, thanks :)

MummyGwen, ya … she is very alert about things up in the sky :) The view quite nice hor, it’s in Bangkok City :)

Esmeralda, yes …. My view here is quite nice but city view lo. I prefer more natural scenery like you place actually :)

Cath, Hahahahaha …… Somewhere over the rainbow :P

Mery, Oh …. No rainbow in medan ah? How come? Actually my hometown quite often to spot rainbow also but not in KL, don’t know why. Maybe the view is blocked by tress and buildings.

Kristie, yes … kids are the most wonderful gift from above :) I never thought I would have so much love for a little kid like Angel but I had more then I could give :) Thanks for your concern Kristie :) Ya …. Sick because kena some rain that day after taking the rainbow picture :P :P

2ma, Thanks …. That’s the very nice view in the Bangkok City :)

Cindy, thanks :)

Ummi, no …. She couldn’t recognize the rainbow so she pull me over and show me the strange looking colour in the sky :P The view is in Bangkok City, I purposely went to the top floor to take the picture ;)

Joanne, yes … we stay in an apartment in Bangkok :) The view not bad hor, the night view even is nicer :)

Serene, Oh … Xixi also never seen a rainbow before ya? I thought only Angel … :)

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Next time..show the night view ya:-)

Julie said...

You managed to capture it? So precious. I can see the second rainbow.

MommyAngel said...

Joanne, ok ok ... will do :)

Julie, ya .... the rainbows really look nice isn't it?

UmmiRosma said...

By the way..you are from Bangkok? I thought you are a Malaysian...

MommyAngel said...

Ummi, I am a Malaysian actually, just that hubby is working in Bangkok and that's why we are here :)