Friday, May 29, 2009

Dragon Boat Festival 09

Yesterday was the Dragon Boat Festival but sad to say that this year, no dumplings from Angel’s grandma coz she is back at hometown and we are here, just to far to sent those dumplings over and I really misses Angel grandma’s dumpling so much. *saliva all over the place now* No choice but have to ask hubby to get some from the market, they taste ok but still, no taste of ‘home’ if you know what I mean :) Mom’s cooking is always the best! But I also get to know from ‘someone’ that she is so lucky enough to get some dumplings from Angel’s grandma yesterday …… so envy!!! Oh, how I wish I could get a bite too :P :P

So that I heard there was a tradition saying that if you are able to make an egg stand up at noon time of the Dragon Boat Festival day, luck will be at your side in the coming year. So I set my alarm 10 minutes before noon and start trying to make my egg stand up in the kitchen table while Angel is pulling and climbing on the other side of the table wondering what I am doing and certainly wants to lay her hands on those eggs, I can’t seems to make the egg stands still after several attempts until suddenly …….. the clock strikes 12 pm and my egg just suddenly stood upright on my kitchen table, just like that, free standing on it’s own …………… OMG! I just can’t believe my eyes, it’s so …… ‘unnatural’ !!!!! LoL



^ ^ Left: Top view of my free standing egg ^ ^ Right: Front view of my egg

Actually I wanted to make another egg stand beside the first one but Angel starts to get cranky and keep on asking for ‘Egg! Egg! Egg!’ and starts pulling my pants so finally I have to give up trying!! It’s so hard to make the egg stood upright with a crying baby pulling and moving the table you know. *sigh* Or else I would have double lucky year ahead I think :)

Actually this phenomenon can be explain scientifically due to the gravitation between the sun and the earth are pulling each other to the most one this particular day of the year in lunar calender and hence those eggs can be made standing up more easily. Although I have witness the phenomenon myself with my own eyes but somehow, my brains keep refuse to accept the fact that it is true and I have done it! Coz again … it’s so ‘unnatural’ to the eyes!!!!!! LoL

22 comments:

cre8tone said...

Your free standing eggie is so special!~ Happy dumpling festival to u 2!~

CathJ said...

Hehhehe....Means you going to have a good...good luck soon... :-D

2ma said...

definitely angel is sweeter than the dumplings! *yeah*

Irene said...

the egg, cool!

Angel, of cos u r sweeter!

Mummy Ryan said...

Caroline may the DOUBLE LUCK will b wth u forever n ever k.......

I like Angel's face.........her smile even sweeter than honey:)

Mommy to Chumsy said...

wow....the egg can stand up? interesting. i like the last photo of angel..she looks so happy :D

Anggie's Journal said...

i love ur girl cheeky smile la ... so cute ...
how come the egg can stand like that ???

Mummy Gwen said...

Of course ANGEL is sweeter lah...no doubt bout it. ;) I'm not aware there's such tradition of the free standing egg..hehe..but it's really an interesting theory huh. Good for you..means you have GOOD GOOD Luck lah. :)

Oliveoylz said...

Oh boy...I did not even know it was the dumpling festival...I'm so lost of late...

A good year ahead for u! Cool man ur egg actually stood upright!!!

...the dumplings are yummy but Angel is yummier and she is absolutely a cutie!!!

LittleLamb said...

its so MAGICAL... the egg can stand! i'm going to try it.

the little prince said...

I am going to one post about this egg too!! my MIL make 7 eggs stand!! :-)

Linda said...

The EGG.... I am going to try it myself next year!! unbelieveable...
12noon... yeah... it is good luck... I would also try hard not to believe the gravitation theory.. hahaha

Health Freak Mommy said...

Wow, luck is certainly on your side. The egg really stood up unbelievably!!

UmmiRosma said...

Angel ! Angel ! she is of course sweeter..

About the standing eggs, I have tried this one before during the eclipse. I was amazed too when I could make them stand upright by themselves.

Out of curiousity, what is this festival for?

coffeesncookies said...

wow, I shall try the egg trick next year. Angel's certainly sweeter than the dumplings !

MommyAngel said...

Dear All, thanks for the sweet comments :) I do hope that I have good good luck in the year ahead coz I really need them :) :).
.
Anggie, ya .... in this particular day of the year, the egg is easier to stand upright due to the gravitation between the sun and the earth :)

Olive, not only you are lost of date .... me too, I only knew about it few days before the festival :)

Ummi, Dragon Boat Festival is one of our Chinese Traditional festival in lunar calendar where everyone will eat rice dumplings and have a dragon boat race :) This festival occurs on every 5th of the 5th month in lunar Chinese calendar :)

Coffeencookies, thanks for dropping by and ya ... You should try it next year coz it’s really unbelievable 

Lybil said...

I lurveeeee the first picture!!! Angel is definitely one real sweetie pie :)

cheers,
HN
http://lybil1.free.fr

Family First said...

aiyah shd have known abt this earlier, then i can try too! Now have to wait for next year. so long meh.

quEeNie said...

of course Angel is sweeter, she is such a cute girl

MommyAngel said...

HN & Queenie, thanks :)

Family First, actually 1 year is not that long ... just that we will tends to forget when the time arrived again :P

Esmeralda said...

Oh.. I never heard of the egg-standing phenomenon... Is it cooked/uncooked egg?

Definitely mum's cooking is always the best ya! *wink wink* Don't be sad. If your mum were there, you can just ask her to make the dumpling, though it's not Dumpling Festival anymore, but who cares actually? I sometimes too ask my mum/grandma to make them whenever I feel like eating them. Of coz, gotta help out a bit.. :)

For the last bit, of coz Angel is much sweeter!!!

MommyAngel said...

Esmeralda, it's uncooked egg .... I only came to know about this phenomenon lately :)