Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Angel’s 2nd Birthday

Time really flies, our little Angel is officially 2 now just in the blink of an eye :) This year we didn’t hold any special birthday party for her as we celebrated in a foreign land but we brought her for a one day tour to Dusit Zoo the weekend before her birthday as well as DreamWorld Thailand the weekend after her birthday as her birthday present (will blog about it separately if got time, So lazy lately :P :P). On her big day itself, we only had a simple dinner at the mall, celebrate with just the 3 of us and it feels great :) As Angel’s birthday falls on Thursday so hubby has to work as usual but in the morning, I cooked our little girl a traditional birthday meal - with red egg, drumsticks and mee suah (but I substitute it with vermicelli coz I can’t find any mee suah, mommy really tai-tao-ha LoL). She definitely loves the drumsticks and this is the first time she ate half of a hard-boiled egg which she usually don’t fancy at all. Maybe because the egg is different in colour that day??

Angel’s eating her birthday meal, hands become so red after holding the red egg :D

Hubby rush back for dinner after work and we went to Paragon Mall for dinner. Hubby suggested Tony Roma’s but I don’t really liked Tony Roma’s and Japanese …. Hhhmmm, we always have Japanese food when we are out so finally, we went to Piri-Piri Chicken instead as I never tried Piri-Piri Chicken before :P The food was not bad actually and hubby loves my Piri-Piri chicken dish more then his Piri-Piri burger but it was real spicy. Angel also ordered a Honey Custard Chicken Breast as they don’t do kinds meal but I am glad we did coz I love this a lot, maybe because it’s not spicy at all?? :) After the meal, we went for another round of Swensen’s Ice Cream as usual coz the ice cream combination here taste really nice, much nicer then Haagen Daz and Baskin Robins for my preference actually. Have you tried Ice Cream with Sticky Rice before?? Hubby thought the combination was ‘very weird’ but after having his first trial, he was captivated ever since, so does our little Angel :P

Clock wise from top left: My Piri-Piri Grill Chicken, Hubby’s Piri-Piri Burger, Our Favourite Swensen Ice Cream – Mango Flavour, Angel’s Honey Mustard Chicken Breat

She looks very girlie on her birtday but I don’t think that she like the skirt coz she think it is too fluffy and always asked me to take it off :P

We went to order this pretty 2 pound Vanilla Butter Cake for Angel’s birthday. Initially Hubby wanted a baby monkey cake (huh?? Why baby monkey?? Ya … I know it’s kind of cute too but …… ) and I was eying this Princess + Castle Cake and finally, we asked Angel to choose one and she pointed at my selection for some reason so Princess Cake it is :P But we was kind of shock when we opened up the cake at home, know why??? Notice any different with the cake there?? The bakery forgot to put on the Happy Birthday Wordings!!! Urrrgghhh …… hubby wants to get the cake back to the bakery but it will take another hour or 2 at least looking at the traffic jam so at the end, we just settled with as it is :( (Must always remember to check the cake next time :( )

Angel and Mommy :)

When we sang the Happy Birthday song for our girl, Angel actually look kind of shock and asked us “No … No… No …!” Surprisingly when we taught her to blow out her candles, she manages to do it all by herself one by one even though it’s her very first time (1 years old don’t count as mommy blew for her) LoL After the cake cutting ceremony, Angel automatic dig into hubby’s piece of cake without even asking therefore on her 2nd birthday, Angel ate cake baked from a bakery for the very FIRST TIME!! Although I am not sure whether she has fully outgrown her lactose intolerance but I am glad that she is doing fine so far :). She absolutely loves the cake and keep on telling us “Nice ~~!! Nice ~~!!” with her mouth full of cream and give me a sweet smile and jumping for joy while helping herself with those cakes until I stopped her, afraid that she might developed rashes again if taken too much.

She is trying her best to blow out those candles :P

Eat! Eat! Eat! Our cute little pussy cat LoL

So here’s a part of birthday gifts she receive for her birthday and there is still more to come from Angel’s grandparents and also from all the lovely blogger mommies who are so thoughtful enough to sent our little girl a birthday gift, so touched *hugs* I will update with more pictures as soon as we return ya, promise! And thank you once again for your kindness in making our little girl’s 2nd birthday a memorable one too :) Although our celebration is simple but it surely was a memorable one for us and I am glad that we are able to celebrate her big day together as a family. My wishes for our little girl would be hoping that she will live everyday happily and grow up healthily :) And always remember that Daddy and Mommy love Angel very very much and forever it will be :)

Angel’s birthday presents. Guess which one is from Mommy??

38 comments:

Linda said...

Wow... the skirt... soooo adoreable. The cake... so pretty. Angel... sooo lucky... Happy 2nd birthday. :)

A gift from God said...

So sweet, happy belated birthday little one... you sure are lucky to have such loving parents!

2ma said...

the cake is so nice!!!

i guess you gave angel the pink stove. correct??

Anggie's Journal said...

Hapy hapy ..... BIRTHDAY cutie Angel!!
The cake is beautiful !! the tutu is cute too .. now she look more girly with the tutu skirt .
I always love to see the way she eat .... everything also so yummy to her.
Again... hapy birthday and stay healthy always !! Muakkkssss.....

quEeNie said...

d skirt is very nice....she looks like a lil princess...hahaha, she is so cute ask u take it off.....d cake is very nice too

Serene said...

The fluffy skirt makes Angel looks like a Ballerina!! She looks gorgeous! Oh.. look at the food you had at PiriPiri.. so yummy!! Hahaha.. i love the way Angel blow candles lah, her "piggy mouth".. so cute!! I guess the bicycle is from mummy right?

Angeline said...

Happy Birthday Angel!
Oh my that is a GORGEOUS CAKE!!!
ok, my mind is not working very well right now, let me get this straight, the sticky rice with ice-cream is at Piri Piri Chicken?

CathJ said...

Wowww.... Angel look so pretty!!!! and This is 1st time I saw u in photo (U pretty mama!!!)...The cake was sooo cuteee!!!! Like it.. ;-)

agnes said...

wow.. angel so cute in eating her bday meal w hands red red!!!

everything looks so pretty and nice!!! must be having a great day!!!

BIG GAL ANGEL!!!! :))

Mummy Gwen said...

Happy Belated Birthday Angel! Oh..you dressed her up so pretty pretty with the cutie fluffy skirt. She looks really girlie there. ;) Mummy look very pretty leh. I like your hair!

The food looks good and special coz couldn't find that here mah..hehe. The birthday cake is so cute and pretty. Angel sure looks like she had a great time.

My guess is Mummy bought Angel the masak masak set.

Julie said...

Happy belated birthday! I like the cake. Full of deco.

I think the playtime shapes is from mommy.

Esmeralda said...

1st of all Caroline, when I showed Ashton Angel's pics in the fluffy skirt, he laughed & laughed dunno why when I asked him to say "hi" to jie-jie... Funny boy!

She really looked like an fairy angel (errh.... less the magic wand) with the fluffy skirt & hair band... so cute? She's behaving quite well in the skirt I see that - at least she let you all take her pics...

Gosh!!! Such a beautiful cake lar... I'm happy that she's able to take cake from the bakery now... I think she has slowly outgrown her lactose intolerance already... :D So she really enjoyed the cake lar.... this is the first time she officially eat cake I think...

Wow... mummy is so thoughtful of cooking her the traditional bday meal... Looking at the drumstick reminded me of what my mum told me - "We only got the chance to eat drumstick once a year, during our own bday when we were young, not like us now anytime we can eat drumstick.."

Why she said "no-no-no" when you all sang bday song for her? She thought you all scolded her ah? *clap clap* She can blow her candles by herself? Clever girl... I'm hoping that Ashton is able to do that during his bday, but I still doubt it lar...

Hmmm... I think one of the gifts you bought for her is the Leap Frog Book & catridges right? I also bought that for Ashton just last month... but still keeping it in the wardrobe... *lol*

Good to hear that you all enjoyed the bday celebration with her as a family even though you are all in a faraway (not that far I guess) land...

Esmeralda said...

Btw, you permed your hair liao right? And your hair is so long liao... I love the perm! I wished I can perm mine, but if I did, you'll see a lion in me... kekekeke...

Swensen's ice-cream? Never tried. Better than Baskin Robbins & Haagen-Daz? Must be really good, but too bad they dun have it here. Do they have it in KL?

Alicia said...

happy birthday Angel !! she is so blessed with so many presents!!!

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Angel.

She looked so lovely in the skirt. Cute!
In that pic, she also looked tall. What is her current height?

Woowww...2 pounds birthday cake. Can finish? So the decor is eatable?

Ice Cream with Sticky Rice....I never heard such a thing before. Taste nice ya.

I guess the last 2 presents are from mommy.

Kristie said...

i guess the leappad stuffs are from mummy hehe....

angel looks so pretty and girlish in her tutu...!

wow the cake looks so pretty... the decor is so intricate!

Happy birthday darling angel!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MommyAngel said...

Linda, thanks a lot for your wishes :) *muaks* :P :P

A Gift From God, thanks for your wishes dear :) We are so glad to have her into our life too :)

2ma, hahahaha ….. nope!!! It’s the bike and the book, kekekekeke ……

Anggie, thank you so much Anggie!!

Queenie, thanks dear :) *hugs*

Serene, hahahaha …. You are so clever la, how you know???? You are the first one to guess it correctly leh!!

Angeline, thanks for your wishes :) Oh no … we had the Sticky Rice Ice Cream at the Swensen’s Ice Cream outlet here in Bangkok :P

Cath, oh ….. this is not the first time I show my face here la, hahahaha ….. You mean you didn’t noticed my face there when you picked up the best mom award that day? LoL I think I like your cake deco better la, honestly!!

Agnes, thanks …. Chloe’s 2nd birthday just a few months away now, so any plan??

MummyGwen, thanks dear for your wishes *hugs* You like my hair? I think they looks like a mop leh, LoL Nope nope nope ….. I bought her the bike and the book :D (Everyone thought bikes should be the gift from daddy all the time, right??? :P)

Julie, Thanks Julie, you got it right too :D Actually I got her the bike and the playtime shapes book and that’s why I put them on the very top of the picture, kekekeke ….

Alicia, thanks a lot dear for your wishes :)

Joanne, oh …. Does she look tall?? I think she is very very short leh, she is only 84cm now, hahahaha ….. how about Sarah??
- ya, actually the 2 pound cake looks kind of small after taking away all the creams, etc :) Ya, I think I eat ½ of it, kekekeke, cham lo, fat lo, but what to do …..
- oh Joanne I tell you, this is the weirdest yet nicest combinations of ice cream that I have ever taste before …. Even hubby who was not a ice cream person also loves this very very much!!! How I wish I could courier them to you now :)
- hahahaha, Nope!!! Actually it’s the first 2 … kekekeke :)

Kristie, hahaaha … nope, it’s the first 2 pictures that are from mommy :) I know I know, seldom mommy will buy bikes for kids right? :P Thanks for your birthday wish dear *hugs* Soon it will be your Jayden’s turn …… :)

2ma said...

mommy angel, can i know what size angel is wearing for the kaiya eve skirt?

2xMum said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Angel!

She looks so pretty and adorable in her tutu skirt. Glad to see her enjoying the food whereby she gave a big bite on the drumstick and the red egg... :)

Family First said...

Mine will be turning 2 next week and I have no grand plans. Just a family dinner with a cake. Your girl looks lovely in her flare skirt. Happy Belated Birthday to her.

MommyAngel said...

2ma, the skirt she is wearing is size size 90 but a but tight on the waist.

Doreen, thanks a lot dear :)

Family first, dinner with family is considered a warm celebrations already :) Maybe party will have to wait till they have their own friends and will appreciate throwing a birthday party more? Thanks for your wish dear :)

Health Freak Mommy said...

Happy birthday Angel! Wow, you sure have a lot of pressies, lucky girl you!

MommyAngel said...

Healthy Freak Mommy, thanks dear .... I think kids nowadays are all very lucky as compare to 'our' times :)

MeRy said...

Happy Belated Bday to Angel...She looks so pretty in her skirt. The cake looks yummy...can Auntie Mery have a bite on the cake??
Angel looks tall in the dress.

Fussy mum said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Angel!! Wow, so many pressies!!! you're one lucky girl! :)

MommyAngel said...

Mery and Fussy mum thanks :)

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Yes, Angel does look tall. 84cm oklah, I am sure she will catch up her height very soon.
Sarah is 83.5cm. I have to admit she is a tall girl, but I just wonder she got the gene from me or my husband? Hehe...coz both of us are short!
- Oh ya hor, after taking away the cream and all the nice decor, then it becomes small already.
Ai ya, dont worry about your weight. You will know the right time to do something about it. Maybe now is just not the time yet.
- How I wish I could have the weird ice cream from you. Hehe.
- Bicycle and book (is that a book or some kind of game?)from you. I am sure Angel loves them.

MommyAngel said...

Joanne, Sarah is very tall indeed!! Almost the same height as Angel now, hahahaha …. Really don’t know why she is not growing tall hor coz hubby is very tall and I am not very short too :) But I think girls is better to be petite then tall la, coz most nice and caring men are not tall, hahahahaha ……
- yes, that’s a book teaching shapes where they have few magnet piece of her to paste into this magnet book. Very interesting actually and she will asked me to play with her everyday so far. I think she likes them more then the leapad coz it’s very hands on activities :)

Irene said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Angel! awesome presents! may u stay healthy always, be mommy's good girl!

UmmiRosma said...

wow...i like the bday cake eh....tooooo cute to be gobbled! Happy bday darling Angel..

Esmeralda said...

I remembered u bought 1 bicycle for Angel. So this bicycle u just leave it at the Thai home? :D Well I can't imagine if u were to bring it back home lar... kekekeke...

MommyAngel said...

Irene, thanks so much!

Ummi, thank you so much dear 

MommyAngel said...

Esmeralda, Oh …. Where is my reply to you ya??? Nvm la, let I write again …..

Hahahahaha …. Ashton laugh when see Angel’s picture ya? At least he is not crying … kekeke, maybe he feels strange or he is ‘shy? Coz sometimes when a boy is shy, he will laugh and laugh, like my nephew if he saw another girl, he will also laugh for no reason, kekekeke … so cute!

Ya, I am glad that she could take cake as well because the process of baking will breakup the lactose in the milk / butter too so I think it helps a bit …. But as for Cheese, butter and some other diaries I hope she can fully outgrown by the age of 3 lo coz her paed said try again when she was 3 and not any earlier … so I am waiting for the day to come ;P Ya … this is the very first time she ate cake apart from those diary free cakes which I normally baked for her at home la :)

Ya …. I am surprised that she could blow out her candles one by one, now whenever she sees me light up the candles, you will see the flame is gone whenever she is there, hahahaha … don’t under estimate your Ashton, who knows he might surprise you like Angel did :P

You also bought the leap pad? Is it the Leapad or the Touch Pad?? Can you find the extra cartridges in KK?

Ya … I think for Angel’s birthday the most important is daddy and mommy celebrate together with her la. Of course the more ppl the merrier la but if really want to enjoy quality time, only 3 of us feels so much nicer and going for outing like the Dusit Zoo and the Dreamworld. Feels really like going to Disney Land actually, hahahahaha …….

Ya … I permed my hair long time ago lo coz last time lost hair a lot after giving birth then everytime want to cut short but then end up having another perm but didn’t cut short. I think maybe you have thick hair so no need to perm la, how I wish I could have straight long hair but my hair too fine hence looks very thin.

Swensen Ice Cream …. Ya, I love them coz their combinations idea here is very great, the way they mixed it with fruits really very innovative and taste nice. KL they have got it but somehow, they don’t really taste as nice as here ….. Here, sometimes we even need to line up to get a seat for an ice cream treat and guess what, it cost less then RM10 for that ice cream in my pix, isn’t that great??

About the bicycle .... hahahaha, ya, we did get one for Angel last time but the paddle was broken :( :( Our girl is really a rough girl la, like I told you about her toys, right? And she has also broken her xylophone too, it’s the n piece already and now I will hunt for another xylophone for her but I don’t really like the FP xylophone’s stick la, too short …… :( If we are not in Thai anymore, maybe I just give it away la coz she will be spending more time here and going back to Malaysia lesser now :(

Bonnie said...

Happy Belated Birthday Angel. :)

Esmeralda said...

Haha... Why he wanna cry lei when he looked at Angel? When he see pics of kids he will sure point at them, and smile/laugh. Haha.. ur nephew so cute lar...

Kids love candles.. We are 'there' before... We (I mean I) love blowing candles. Remember in KK lots of power cut right? So everytime when the power came back, me & my bro raced each other up to extinguish all the candles in the hse! Haha... exciting... so I believe it applies to Angel too.

Err... the one I bought is Leap Pad I think - didn't check.. but I know it's for older kids like 4-5 yrs old.. coz if I were to buy the younger version, I believe the "laptop" will go to the bin coz his hands are so 'itchy'... The catridges can be found here at Toys R Us and also at Kids' Avenue.

I've also been dreaming of going to Disneyland. My last trip was 4 yrs ago, before our wedding. Now if wanna go.. *sigh* Ashton too young...

Oh.. you lost lots of hair too? Me too lar... till the floor also so messy with hair... luckily my hair is a lot lar.. so not so obvious. Having thick and lots of hair is sometimes not so good too, coz the hairstyle tends to be so 'boring'... can't perm...

Wah.. less than RM10? So nice... I wished they have it here lar... Where's the origin of the ice-cream?

Haha... the paddle broken? The quality not good is it? The 2nd xylophone also broken? Hmmm.. kids likes breaking things... Ashton also broke lots of his toys liao, including his flash cards - he bent them all into halves!! So now most of the time u'll all be in Thai? So u know Thai very well now ya? Hehehe...

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

For me, Angel looked good and okay with her current height. So mommy need not to worry about it.

The book is so special. No wonder Angel likes it.

Kristie said...

haha! good stuffs for angel :) so does she like to ride the bike?

MommyAngel said...

Esmeralda, opppsss .... I never check where is the origin of the ice cream leh, hehehhee ....
- nope, she broke her 4th xylophone this round, so you can imagine :(


Kristie, yes .... actually she does love the bike and know how to paddle and control the direction of the bike now :) I really didn't expect kid at the age of 2 knows how to ride a bike actually before this :)