Friday, January 16, 2009

My Birthday Treat (Part 3 of 3)

On our final day at Ayuthaya, we find it tough to get a taxi back to Bangkok and the hotel charged us 1,900B for an hour trip back which is so expensive. So we planned to take the train instead (I think Angel will love trains too) so after breakfast, we went to the floating restaurant again so that Angel can have some fun feeding the fishes on the rivers before heading back. We had so much fun sitting at the jetty, feeding the fish while having coffee and watching the boat passes by at the same time. Angel loves to throw the fish food into the river rather then enjoying watching the fishes. It feels so great to be able to laze around, sitting on the jetty platform where the water was just barely 1/2 feet below my feet (when a boat passes by, the water actually touches my shoes) and enjoy the cold breeze and sunshine. Angel doesn’t want to leave and neither do I …… but luckily we did get back to the hotel earlier because when we reaches the hotel, there was a taxi outside our hotel and I am so glad that he is also heading back to Bangkok and we got a ride for merely 700B only!


The entire trip was so relaxing and although Angel does fuss a bit when we were touring around, but I am lucky that we hired our own transportation for the trips where we do not have to follow any schedules, rushing for tours and also do not need to seat in a confined bus/ van while carrying Angel on my laps. This trip was also a good opportunity to expose us and Angel to the nature because we do not went to any shopping malls nor any man-made recreation parks (maybe next trips somewhere else). Instead, we see birds, fishes, cats and dogs along the way with ample of green tress, rivers, sunshine and cold breeze taking a trishaw as our means of transportation. It feels extra special actually.


This is definitely one of the greatest trip that I have ever been to (not about the place but the atmosphere and the person I went with) and the most relaxing trip for me as well. Thanks to sweet hubby who really helped so much in taking care of Angel throughout the entire trip from morning nappy change, feedings until night time bathing Angel and put her into her pajamas, etc. So when I was in the hotel, basically what I did was lying on the bed and watch TV while hubby is so busy entertaining Angel. It really feels like heaven on earth!!! :)

14 comments:

Esmeralda said...

Yup, usually when we r on a trip, the going back is the most difficult. Sometimes I do purposely slow everything down (I mean packing, etc) just to have some extra time in that particular place...

Merryn said...

sounds like really is the best bday ever! i even imagined it was MY bday! hahaha... good for u! nice hubby.. :)

Bonnie said...

Your trip really sound siok.. He he.. Glad you and family anjoy the whole trip..

Natalia said...

Caroline...your husband arranged this trip to celebrate your birthday..and of course family vacation too - no family photo for this trip??? :P

MommyAngel said...

Esmeralda, Ya …. I like to plan plan plan before a trip too but guess hubby is not that kind of person :) Can’t expect much from him though, hehehe :P

Merryn, hahaha ….. thanks :)

Bonnie, yes … I think it’s nice because we are not rushing for the trips as we by ourselves :)

Natalia, hahaha …. Everybody is asking me the same question :D :D To be frankly, this round really no family photo leh because after the ‘incident’ where I nearly lost my purse to that taxi driver, we do not dare to hand our camera to any strangers to take our picture after that, hahahaha ….. so those picture was either me and Angel / hubby with Angel. Hhhhmmmm ….. Talking about family photos, we really have very few family photo leh because at home or go out, all the while was only 3 of us coz our parents/siblings live far away from us ….. maybe just 1 or 2 pix the most, and was mostly with our PJs on :) Gosh … no wonder our family photo looks terrible lar :( :(

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

I am enjoying myself while looking at all Angel's photos. She is so adorable and she really enjoyed the trip alot.
- The first pic (the tree behind Angel) is so special.

Kristie said...

wow u really were treated like a queen ya! how nice! i wonder if my hubby would do this for me hehe....

angel looks so adorable in the photos, i love her sunnies hehe!

Esmeralda said...

Sometimes it's also good to do an impromptu trip ya.. too bad me & hubby is a "plan-person"..so nothing goes un-planned..

Irene said...

seems like a good bday celebration yah. being treated like a queen, and hubs does everything, now that's a total relaxation, no need to worry about a thing!

what a great birthday!

MommyAngel said...

JT, you have sharp eye .... I don't know how come a buddha head is inside the tree trunk .... Actually I didn't noticed that until hubby point it out to me :)

Kristie, oh for sure your hubby will do that for you coz from your blog and MP forum, really can feel that he is such a special man. Let's just hope that our hubby will be that nice and not just a one off thing la :) Fingers crossed :) :)

Esmeralda, then you and your hubby is really one good pair! I am a planning type of person (capricorn I guess) but hubby is a total opposite of me. So sometimes really cannot believe that 2 such different person can be together for so long already :)

Irene, it is a really nice holiday actually!! Actually being a SAHM, that really is what I hope hubby will do for me, let me have a chance to put up my legs and watch hubby doing everything :)

Esmeralda said...

Well Caroline.. it's what u call God's will.. or fate...

Serene said...

Your husband really a good baby sitter leh.. so envy! Xixi doesn't want her daddy to bath her and feeding her, she only wants me!! Sigh..

MommyAngel said...

Esmeralda, hehehe ... I guess so :)

Serene, hhmm .... actually my hubby can be a good babysitter in terms that he can do everything that I do but a very careless (very very careless type). So sometimes Angel always hurt herself real bad when I put her under hubby's care. For example, he can drawn her if he bath her so I really have to keep an eye on him, very scary one sometimes. Actually Angel also only wants me to feed and bath her but once hubby making funny face and pretend to play with her, then she wants him liao. Actually I also didn't know that this trick can work until hubby does that to her. So whenever I need hubby to bath her/ carry her, he will have to do his trick first :)

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Haha, sharp eyes ya..I think so guah...
But I just saw it coz it is a very special tree..