Sunday, December 07, 2008

The Magic Word [Back Dated Post]

My Angel starts calling “ma-ma” when she was around 8 months old which last for few weeks, it is something like “Mama-mammam Mama-mammam” …… after that, she’d stopped and that “magic word” never come out of her mouth ever since. At around 15th months, these words are starting to pop from my Angel mouth again but it was like Mamamama …… Mamamama …… (Is she calling me??) until 2 weeks later, she finally says “MaMa~~” loud and clear doing a little twist at the end which definitely sounds so cute! :) But lately, she started to call me “Mi~~~~” “Mi~~~” on and off. She simply did not want to say the word papa no matter what until she even call her daddy “mama” ….. hahaha. Normally babies will start to call Papa or Daddy before calling Mama or Mommy but I guess my hardwork does paid off after repeating “Mama” to her almost everyday until she will even call her Daddy – Mama :)

So finally few weeks ago, Angel suddenly started to call her daddy “Papa” for the very first time. Oh my …. You should see how happy hubby was until he kept asking Angel to call him again, again, again and again (then kiss and hug her after she calls him) until Angel almost fed up with the word :P I noticed that she actually picked up quite a lot of words by now but she is very reluctant and lazy to say it out. Sometimes when she is playing alone, I can see that she is repeating some words that we never thought that she knew but once she saw us watching her, she will stopped right away @-@

I will keep on encouraging her to talk more but not pressurized her too much as I believe every kid will have their own pace in terms of speech. I am still waiting for the day that she will surprises us with a complete sentence, loud and confidently :)

16 comments:

LittleLamb said...

that's so nice. Philip have not spoken a word. I am dying for the day he calls me Mama or Mummy... :(

Angel..you are a bright gal. Continue to make yr daddy n mummy happy.

Something About Us said...

my son used to call me daddy -_-"

- Ling

Julie said...

I also noticed the same in Jonathan. They will stop uttering the word after some time. Then new word came out then gone missing again.

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Keep it up your good work Angel, I am sure you can speak a whole sentence one day...
- At least Angel knows who is daddy and mommy. Sarah only knows "daddy" when being asked.

Mummy Gwen said...

That's the best feeling when our little ones start calling mama and papa. So sweet. Keep it up Angel. You made mummy's and daddy's day. :)

agnes said...

yeap, i believe their speech development progress at different pace and all we need to do is giving them more encouragement..

prob am lucky to have a chatterbox who start talking at 12 mth & speak non stop nowadays.. 'mama i want this.. mama i want that.. mama wake up!!! wake up!! mama hug hug!! mama.. mama.. mama' until i pengsan...

Kristie said...

Angel is so cute! ya i can imagine how crazy daddy was hhehehhe...

u must be elated too!

Esmeralda said...

Wow... Congrats Angel on your achievement... So sweet to hear your own child calling you the correct "name" right Caroline? Indeed kids are like that.. they can say a word for some time, then they'll stop saying it again. Ashton learnt to say "daddy" (but just for fun) when he's around 7 1/2 months, but now seems to forget about it already. Now he says "pa-pa"... but still dunno who he is aiming the word to... haha... no luck wid "ma-ma" yet...

the little prince said...

Am sure angel daddy must be very touch when angel called him!!

My hubby feel very very happy everytime Kyle calling him papa whenever he come back from work..!!

My boy prefer to call me mama instead of mi-mi.... :-)

MommyAngel said...

Hi Rachel, sure your turn will come as little Philip is so much younger then Angel. Trust me you will be in cloud 9 when you hear that magic word :)

Ling. Hahaha ….. your son really is cute, isn’t he??

Julie, oh …. Is it? I am a bit concern about Angel at first but later found out most kids are like that, picking up new words say it out then no more …. Then the words pop out suddenly again, etc.

Hi JT, Sure you time will come because most kids will pick up the word daddy faster more then mommy (unless like me, keep on repeating mama to her everyday) :) But she is a bit confused with the word Mama too at the moment because I am ‘Mama’ and my mom (her grandmother) is called ‘Ah Mah’ meaning grandmother in Hokkien. All also “Ma” LoL

Hi Mummy Gwen, ya …. Both me and husband were in cloud 9 when listening to that magic words :)

Hi Agnes, No wonder you always refer to Chloe as your little Chatterbox, wow …. Start talking at 12 months ah? So clever leh. At least you know what she wants when she could communicate her needs with you, like my Angel, crying is her way of communication and sometimes I really do not know what she wants. But I will continue and continue to encourage her to talk :)

Kristie, we are in cloud 9 actually when hearing those words :) But so bad hor …. I only video taped her calling mama eveytime but when she calls papa, I didn’t record it down :P :P

Esmeralda, thanks …. :) It definitely is the most sweetest word that I’d ever heard, hehehe ….. actually until today sometimes Angel will also mixed up the word Papa and Mama still, yesterday she suddenly called her daddy “Mi ~~, Mi~~” and I can’t stopped myself from laughing till my tears drop, of course hubby is not so happy about that la, hahahaha …….

Yugene, bb Kyle is so clever leh, knows how to call Papa and Mama already. Angel sometimes will call me “Mi-Mi” but sometimes will call me “Ma-Ma”, depends on her mood la but I love both the same as long as she addressed me correctly :)

Esmeralda said...

Hahahahahaha.... Cute lil' Angel.. she can't stop to amuse ppl ya...

MommyAngel said...

Yes, she sure does. That's what so lovely about having a young kid at home :)

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Actually I also keep teaching Sarah "mommy leh..", guess what, she is pointing to her nose..fainted!
- So Angel will call you "mama"? I like Sarah to call me Mommy or MiMi...
- Hehe..Ah Mah and Mama...

MommyAngel said...

JT, hahaha ... that is so cute of Sarah, did you always teach Sarah the word "mommy" then pointing at at yourself (on the nose) that's why she follow what you did???

I don't mind she calls me mama or mimi or mommy but I thought mama is easier ma, hahaha ..... I think "Mi~~~~~" sounds good also hor.

Kristie said...

hahah caroline, maybe u can video when angel calls papa, so u can present it to him as a gift, for sure he will be touched!

MommyAngel said...

Hahaha .... don't know he will appreciate that or not leh? You know, he is not a sentimental person leh .... I think he prefers to 'see and hear the real thing' :)