Friday, October 03, 2008

Look Who's Baking?

Do you believe that Angel is making muffins for Daddy and Mummy? Hahaha …. I wanted to do this with Angel long time ago but always cannot find the right timing until yesteaday :) After she woke up from her afternoon nap, I brought her into the kitchen and sat her down on the kitchen floor where it will turn into our kitchen table top for the day. I am using a pre-mix this time and handed the flours to her, let her have a good stirring fun before I started mixing the wet ingredients. At first she paused for a second and insisted me to hold her hands which I did. I taught her how to stir the flours which probably is new to her since she never stir anything that texture especially in such a huge bowl with so much flour fun!! Then I let her hold the eggs which she accidentally let go on the floor and looked at me with tears rolling in her big round eyes, poor girl …… so that is clean up no. 1. After the eggs were in and milks were added, we really had a great time doing the stirring game where I am trying very hard to make sure the batter remains in the mixing bowl instead on the floor / on both of our face while Angel happily stirring in all directions and screaming out of excitement :) After the stirring game, I handed her some muffin cups and let her arranged those cups on the baking tray but she is more interested to do her ‘stacking game’ instead which really took me a lot of effort in pouring the batter into the muffin cups. Once, I almost pour the batter onto the oven tray when Angel suddenly snatched the muffin cups away from its position. And when I am almost done with the batter, all of a sudden Angel grabbed her balls which she has brought along into the kitchen and put it onto one of my muffins and spilt it over the tray, how ‘fun’ could that be :P :P ….. so that’s clean up no. 2. Finally everything is done without more ‘unexpected events’ and all they went into the oven. 20 minutes later, the first and ever Angel & Mommy’s first Blueberry Muffin was done!!!! *wipe sweat*

I think both of us do enjoy the muffin baking fun so much until I almost forgot to take pictures until we were almost done! I hope I will get to do more of these activities with Angel since she is having so much fun and so am I (of course apart from those cleaning ups) :) Of course Hubby will be having so much fun eating those muffins too. But hubby says it is kind of 'entertaining' to actually seeing me cake baking with my merely 1 ½ years old “assistant” in the kitchen and I also looked funny in actually repeating phrases like “This is an EGG, Angel, look here …. E is for EGG” etc in the kitchen while both my hands were so busy with the batter and with Angel. LoL Oh ya ….. Maybe next time, I should let hubby take the lead instead. Oh …. How entertaining would that be?????


P/S: If any mommies is interested to play this little baking game with your little ones, remember to get ready a good disposable kitchen towels which definitely will comes in handy :P Actually I have used up at least half a roll of my mine solely on that afternoon :)

20 comments:

cre8tone said...

Wow!~ Angel is so clever~~~ ur little helper...
In future U can sit back and relax, and let Angel bake for u~~~~~~~~

Mummy Gwen said...

Good job on yr first attempt baking muffins. Angel is so cute holding the spatula..haha..I'm so not ready for all the mess with Gwen haha..

Esmeralda said...

Wow... Angel is really a good helper. I can't imagine for once baking with Ashton. I bet the whole batter, and the baking tray will all "fly" and land on the kitchen floor. He is too "well-behaved".. Angel is really a good girl I see that. She can listen and obey you at least.. Hehe... So how's the muffins? Must be real "sweet" for daddy coz mummy and Angel baked them!

Esmeralda said...

And I thought that's a "make-believe" game u r playing with Angel!!! LOL..

MommyAngel said...

Hi Peiwun, I think it is possible to asked her to bake a cake for me when she is much older but .... who is going to do those cleaning ups??? LoL

Hi Mummy Gwen, Yes ... one thing you are right about the mess coz mommy really has to be prepared for a lot of cleaning ups at the kitchen and for your baby too :P So I never play this game with her if I am short of time or else, I think I will be screaming like a crazy woman the entire process rather then enjoying myself with her in the kitchen :P

Hi Esmeralda, oh .... who knows you might be surprised with Ashton :) Actually I do prepared myself before hand and keep telling myself I am not going to scream or yell at her if anything out of expectation happened (It's really a must!!!!) and I think that really tested on my patience at once. Can you imagine when I saw batter (she hit with her ball) all over the tray and her hands and legs but I still say, "Nevermind Angel, let mommy clean you up but Angel is a good girl, don't throw your ball ball again ok ....." with a smile still on my face, hahaha ..... that's just so not me!!!! :P :P Maybe this is her first attempt so she do it very carefully afraid that I will be screaming at her :) I am not going to predict about the 2nd and 3rd one before I do some mental preparations again :) It was great fun actually :) You really should try actually and get more kitchen wipes :) :)

LittleLamb said...

chef in the making...
at least she is interested ....

2xMum said...

Waa... yummy muffins! The "baking virus" has passed on to you, huh?? Hehe...

It's nice to have the little one helping out. Also, it's fun & educational for them!!

I can't wait for my Ryan to grow up asap so that I could get him joining me baking a cake! But then, I wonder boys will really interested in doing this...compared to girls? :P

Julie said...

Good girl. Soon she will take over the cooking. You can get a kitchen set so that she can imitate you while you cook.

MeRy said...

Little Angel will be a good chef in future....The muffin looks yummy.

MommyAngel said...

Hi Rachel, I think Angel is more interested in making a mess :)

Hi Doreen, yes … the baking virus is actually spreading among mommies now …… I will be making the banana cake soon too, hehehe …. Well, I think bb Ryan will definitely be interested in ‘helping’ mommy to bake cake for sure. Didn’t you notice that all the famous bakers in those famous bakeries were dominated by Male?????

Julie, actually I am looking for a cooking set for my Angel too but yet to find any suitable one in terms of quality and of course the price as well. I will keep on searching :)

Hi Mery, thanks for you nice comment :) :)

Serene said...

Wa lau eh... when i saw the pictures, i tot Angel is playing masak-masak. Who knows, she is mummy's assistant oh?!
Very good job indeed!!

I will never take such a big risk by letting Xixi become my assistant. Hahaha... I'm sure if i take the thing away from her, she will cry out loud!

Yo mummy,.. you making my heart itching for an Oven!! I love baking too.... =)

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

I am sure it is very fun activity for Angel. I will definitely do this with Sarah when she gets older. At least, I get lesser cleaning works:-)
- Pity her, she was almost crying altho you did not scold her for breaking the egg.
- Caroline, you know how to bake cake all the while? Coz your muffin looked yummy! I also wanna learn.

Lybil said...

What a memorable experience for both of you :)

cheers,
HN
http://lybil1.free.fr

MommyAngel said...

Serene, hahaha .... I have to take the risk la or else, really very boring staying at home with a little kid watching her walking here and there like nothing to do leh, it's good to let her learn something ma, heheheh .... Oh, tell you ah, she did cry a bit when I took the things away but I quickly replaced it with something else ....... no choice, fully ready for some crying episode to happened if wanted to do such game with her. But I think Xixi will be more obedient la :) Quick get a oven la since you have the interest in it :)

Hi Joanne, thanks for your compliment. Actually my mom is a good cake maker and that's her hobby. Guess that I must have got her genes somewhere but to be frankly, I prefers eating and watching other ppl do the job, hehehe ..... if you want to learn, I think you can start from the steam banana cake leh .... it's very easy and almost every mommy is making it now!! I will also do one real soon :) :) How about that??

Hi HN, ya .... it really is a memorable experience for both of us especially me :)

Esmeralda said...

Caroline, maybe I need to leave that for 1 or 2 more months, until Ashton really do understand me. Coz now, sometimes he understand what I'm talking about, sometimes not - or rather, he pretend not to understand! U r really patient. When it comes to messing up the house, I'm not so patient lar... Sigh sigh..

MommyAngel said...

Hi Esmeralda, no rush .... actually mommy always knows the best about Ashton so you will definitely know when is the right time :)

Actually Angel also seems like do not understand me most of the time but normally before eating time or before 'going out' time, she seems to be understand my instruction more wor, will do mostly what I asked her to, hahahaha ...... strange hor.

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Someday I must learn from you. I failed with baking cake (I guess), altho I havent try one.
Good idea wor..steaming banana cake. I like banana cake. And no need oven for this cake?
Mind to share the recipe.

MommyAngel said...

So have you have a look on the address which I MSN you? Must give it a try .... not just our kid will surprise us, sometimes you will surprise yourself with your ability too. Who knows you turn out to be good in making cakes :) :)

Esmeralda said...

caroline, I think when they wanna go out/eat, they will be extremely good n behave well.

I'm also interested in baking cakes. Mind to share some simple recipes? To start wid, I'm interested wid the steamed banana cake. Can u e-mail/MSN me? Thks.

MommyAngel said...

So .... happy trying with the recipe ok? Thinking of doing my banana cake this weekend but so busy with don't know what, hahaha .... can't wait to see your cake leh :) Happy baking :)