Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Refreshing Blend

It’s been really busy and tired lately ……… Angel is having high fever, runny nose, cough and rashes all over her body since Saturday due to her MMR vaccine. She is whining and fussy all day long and sometimes her body temperature get very high which worries me so much and checking on her every 4 hours during mid-night (so sleepy now). Her appetite dropped drastically (she even refuses her favourite baby biscuits) and what she wants is only her formula milk. So on Sunday, I went to buy some fruits to do her something sweet and gentle on her tummy hoping that she would be tempted to eat more fruits. So this time, I have bought her some seedless red grapes which is a very good source of Vitamin C and also some apples.

I gave the skin of the grapes a good scrub (I wanted to retain the skin coz it’s loaded with all the vitamins), put them into the new small blender (which my mom is so nice to got for Angel few days back) and blend those grapes together with some apples and a bit of water so that they will not taste too sweet. The fruit blend turn out to be very nice looking and very refreshing, and not too sweet. Angel tries on them and she actually likes the cooling effects from the blended fruits. She did ask for more :) So today, I decided to do it again but this time, I am mixing them into her Multigrain plain rice cereal together with some bananas chunk just for extra texture and I am glad that Angel could finish her portion pretty quickly.

I noticed that after having her meal, she is more energetic and more active compare to the night before (maybe because of the high sugary content in those fruits). I am glad that this morning, her fever starting to subside and I am more relief. I think the vitamin C in the grapes does helps in her runny nose too. I have also noticed that her bowel movement has been really good after taking the fruit blends maybe of its high fiber content as compare to sole fruit juice. With a new smaller blender at home now, I think it is easier for me to make small quantity of refreshing blend fruits for Angel to try out once in while. I will try to mix and match with all kinds of her favourite fruits and also few pieces of cucumber / beetroot if possible :) I think the blended fruit does taste refreshing and looks more appetizing especially when Angel is reluctant to have her normal porridge or with no appetite to chew on those chunky fruits at times when she is not feeling well. But I hope that with a good meal which does not burden her tummy will help Angel regain back her strength and energy soon. I am glad to see her smiling and running again today, all the sleepless nights seems really worth it :)


16 comments:

cre8tone said...

Looks so yummy!~

Serene said...

Xixi also just recovered from sick.
Kids always lost appetite when they get sick. Luckily Angel still want her formula milk, and the blended fruits must be taste good, so she can finish all.
DOn't worry mummy, Angel will get well soon!

Administrator said...

you are really a very detailed mom..give yourself a pat on the back...i use salt to wash the grapes..it gets rid of the waxy taste...hope angel will recover in no time...god bless

Mummy Gwen said...

Poor Angel has fever..ohh. Yes, fruits is good for her. Usually, they won't have appetite to eat when they are sick. When Angel is well, she will definitely gain her appetite back. Hope Angel speedy recovery. Rest well, mommy.

agnes said...

noticed that angel has BEAUTIFUL eyes!!! like mommy huh?? :)

gonna cook more fruits for angel then.. yummy...

Esmeralda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Esmeralda said...

Poor Angel after the MMR jab, 4 of her "friends" - fever, flu, cough and rashes visited her. I hope she's doing very well now after mummy's loving fruit blend. It's a good idea to give them fruit blend as they can take in the fibre from the fruits as well, as compared to when taking fruit juices only. I've also given Ashton some fruit blends once a while. Btw, mind to show/tell me how small is your blender?

SPEEDY RECOVERY BB ANGEL!!! :)

MeRy said...

Good combination of apple and grape...will give a try to Ryan too. Hope Angel gets well soon.

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Poor you and Angel. Glad that she has recover more after taken the blended fruit puree.
You really make so much effort in preparing the suitable fruit for her.
Angel just had her MMR vaccine? I thought it is taken when she turned to one?
Anyway, please take good k ya.

the little prince said...

Great mummy!!

Glad that Angel recover from fever. Miss her great smile! Snap more photo after she recover....mummy also got to take care, if not then the picture with have 'panda eyes'! :-p

2xMum said...

Hope Angel's feeling much better now.

It's good that Angel likes fruits. Unlike my Ryan, he doesn't like any fruits... sigh.

Lybil said...

You are such a good mum! What a good idea you have shared with us here ... My Sethy never like fruits, I think I should blend them like you did :)

cheer,
HN
http://lybil1.free.fr

Julie said...

Yummy...this is nice. I don't have a blender. Maybe I shall try steaming it.

MommyAngel said...

Thank you all for your concern, really appreciate them. I am glad that Angel is almost fully recovered now, just left a bit rashes here and there, thanks again for all your concern :) :) *hugs*

Hi Irene, thanks for the tips on how to get rid of the waxy taste of grapes, will definitely try it out :)

Hi Esmeralda, the blender is small but not that small .... Ok, I'll take some pictures and email to you then :P

Hi Joanne, yes ... Angel just took her MMR due to some allergy problem with the vaccine. She is ok now. What about Sarah with her MMR? Is she doing ok? Take Care.

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Glad that Angel is almost recover.
For Sarah, she is ok with the MMR.

MommyAngel said...

Oh ya .... I am glad to know :)