Wednesday, August 06, 2008

What about Zucchini?

Have you ever tasted a “Swollen Ovary “ before? According to the internet, zucchini is actually an immature fruit being a swollen ovary of the Female zucchini flower … wow …. Swollen Ovary?? That is something new to know and it sounds cool too when you are actually thinking “I am eating that???” :)

At first I expect Zucchini to look like a cucumber from the inside (the skin does though and you are right ….. I never had one before and oh Mom …. What did you feed me last time?!) but guess I am not totally right. It looks like ….. errrr .... yup, an eggplant is more like it. For the preparation of Angel’s meal, I do take off the skins coz I should have gotten an organic one in the first place which I didn’t. After cutting it into smaller pieces, I steam it and serve with porridge with corn (which she has passed the 4 days wait trail before) and pork mince. The soup base to boil the porridge would be pork bones boiled overnight in slow cooker. That’s my Angel Zucchini with Corn and Pork Mince Porridge. Hahahaha ….. what a long name!

[3 hours later] Taa daaaaa ….. Wow …. I didn’t know the porridge would taste so good with the fragrant of the zucchini mixed with the corn and the pork mince. Although the colour of the porridge looks a bit dull but it surely is a very delicious mixed of porridge which I am going to cook more often for my little Angel. But all of that, it still has to go through the final ‘tasting test’ from my “Queen” after she has waken up from her afternoon nap.

7 comments:

cre8tone said...

I still dunno wat zucchini is...

MommyAngel said...

I am also not sure what it is call in any other language coz I always look for the packing which says "Zucchini" :) It looks like a cucumber thought but the tip is a bit different. According to the bb website, it is a great food to introduce as bb first food.

twins mama said...

wow!! ur gal had try a lot of special food.

btw, thanks for da add!

MommyAngel said...

Hi LiTeng, not so many yet la since she only got 6 teeth till now :( :( and allergy to a lot of new food so I am very 'slow' in terms of introducing new food to her :) Thanks for visiting my site ya :)

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Good try Caroline.
I have the same question as Kylie. I also dont know what is Zucchini..Do you know the cantonese or mandarin name?

MommyAngel said...

JT, I think they were called 西葫芦 / 夏南瓜 and some call it 胡瓜 I think. It is a very common vege in western cooking, some of them call it 'courgette' .... I think you can find it in the supermarket but just have to look for the labelling cos it really looks like cucumber.

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Ok ok..will do. Thanks ya!