Monday, August 04, 2008

Avocado Medley

Avocado ….. hhmmm, I have no idea of the preparation or whatsoever with it because I never had one in my whole life (so far). Ok ok …. Not that I never …. I did try it ‘once’ which is the avocado ice cream my mom made and to be frankly, I just do not fancy the taste of it at all despite that my mom bet me a RM50 notes if I am able to finished my entire cup of Avocado ice cream (of course, I never did.)

I read from the internet that Avocado is a brilliant fruits for bb’s brain and physical development which is full of vitamins, minerals and monounsaturated fats (good fats for maintaining a healthy heart). Seeing mommy JT’s baby loves avocado so much, I decided to give it a try.

I picked up a dark green and bumpy avocado from the market (a ripe one), sliced in half, take the meat out, mashed and served just to see how my Angel likes it plain. 1st feeding, she makes a frowning looks, 2nd feeding she makes another frowning looks and actually peek into her feeding bowl, by the 3rd feeding, she is actually running away from her feeding spoon which is the 1st time ever when it comes to food!! I think she has actually found her ‘least favourite’ food for the very first time coz she used to wallop up everything that I served. (It must be in the genes I guess). I think in the later afternoon for her tea time, I will try to serve her the fruit again and this time, I am going to mix the avocado into an Avocado and Bananas Medley ration 1:1.

The results?? …… she manages to finish the entire bowl of the medley! I am glad :)


............ Avocado and Banana Medley :)

9 comments:

cre8tone said...

i think i wanna try n mix with banana oso, c if sean likes it.. hmm..

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Angel really so scared with the plain taste of the avocado, till runaway from it..hehe

But finally luckily u have thought of mixing it with banana. So a good comby ya!! Bananacado!!

MommyAngel said...

Hi Pei Wun, Thanks for visiting my blog and do try out avocado with bananas, very yummy!!

Joanne, yes ... she doesn't like the plain avocado taste (me too :P). It's not that I plan to add bananas into it, that's the only fruit which I can find at home at that moment. Glad they turn out just fine. I think it's time to some groceries shopping tomorrow :)

Unknown said...

Hi! Caroline mummy! You also have the blog now. Mind if i add your blog in my list? :)

Another mummy with new dishes for her lovely girl :)

But unfortunetly i don have time to do all this for my girl. All is my mum help me to settle the dishes issue for my girl coz she very picky in food.

MommyAngel said...

Hi Ping, Thanks for dropping by my site and sure, go ahead with the add and I'll link you to my blog too ya :)

Glad that your mom can handle your cute girl's appetite :) I have no help here so no choice, have to be the 'maid' for the moment being :P hehehe

2xMum said...

Aiyo, I would have take the RM 50 bet to finish up the ice cream!! I don't mind the taste... hehe!

Well, I think I'm going to try again to feed Ryan the avocado with banana.

Previously I asked my hubby to buy the avocado only and forgot about the banana. So, in the end i finished up the whole avocado after Ryan rejected it and hubby claimed that the avocado isn't cheap wor... :P

Julie said...

My boy trush it out with his tongue when I first gave him avocado mixed with his cereal. This is the first food he rejected.

Maybe next time I shall try avocado+banana...surely taste good since banana is sweet.

MommyAngel said...

Hi Doreen, Hahahaha .... mommy finish-up the avocado instead :P :P You are right, the avocado is not cheap. The one I got for Angel cost me RM5.90 L__L My mom told me the local ones will be much cheaper. Should have check the origin n the price tag first :)

MommyAngel said...

Hi Julie, yes ... you should try avocado with bananas. Hopes your bb boy will love it since avocado is such a great food for bb :) Happy trying :)