Friday, August 15, 2008

Kiwifruit .... Gold or Green?

Angel is trying another new fruit. She has a very bad allergy record in the pass to many foods and hence, I am taking this process very slow and steady hoping that by delaying them, she will outgrow her allergies real soon.

I have bought her 2 types of Kiwifruits since I couldn’t make up my mind, A Green Kiwi (on the right) and a Gold Kiwi(Smaller one on the left). However Kiwifruit is acidic so it might cause mouth rashes or rashes at the bottom for some younger babies and I do hope my Angel is doing just fine. I certainly hope the rich Vitamin C in Kiwifruits would also helps to uphold and maintain my Angel’s healthy immunity system.

The first time Angel takes her Green Kiwifruits, tears start rolling down her cheeks (She didn't cry)….. it might be a little too sour for her but I am glad she still loves it. Then she tries the Gold Kiwifruits, oh my, she just loves it. I think I prefer the Gold Kiwi because firstly, the seed seems to be much lesser then the green one and secondly, Gold kiwi does taste less acidic and have a nice pleasant honey smells. I am glad I let her tried the Gold Kiwifruit because she just loves it so much and it certainly is another options for me if I were to opt for a ‘No Tear formula’ Kiwi for my little Angel :) I read that Kiwi can be cooked with Chicken meat, we just need to stir fried the chicken meat with other vege in mind and add in Kiwi 30 seconds before the dish is done …… hhhmmm, I don’t know about that but I do hope this is another good option to try when my Angel is a bit older.

9 comments:

cre8tone said...

Can cook with chicken? This is new to me!~ :)

BADZ said...

hey..ur child is cute..
so many are havin blogs about their babies.. hmm..
thinkin of makin blog about me ..gettin pregnant? hihii
enjoy ur life..

2xMum said...

Err, Ryan doesn't like green kiwi too! I think he doesn't like fruits at all!

So, my MIL told me she added the green kiwi into Ryan's porridge cooked with pork meat & chinese herbs. But still, he doesn't like it coz it's sour. However, he finished it up... i guess MIL didn't give up feeding him though he made some noises...

MommyAngel said...

PeiWun, yeah ... I read from the internet that Kiwi can cook with chicken so you can try for your BB when he is a bit older :) I never tried before too.

Hi Badz, Thanks for dropping by my site and are your pregnant?? If yes then congratulations to you :) Yup, mommies always like to talk talk talk about our own kids coz they bring so much fun into our life (and some other things too which you won't want to know) :P :P

Doreen, hahaha you sure have a very determined MIL .... and she is very creative too in terms of bb Ryan's food :) Maybe I will try her method of cooking Kiwi Porridge too someday :)

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Caroline, thanks for leaving so much info bout gold kiwi. I think infuture, I will opt for it.
So, the gold kiwi is more expensive right?
Ai yo, the green kiwi really makes Angel tears drop ya? Too sour leh...

MommyAngel said...

JT, don't mention it :) :)

Errmm ... I bought my gold kiwi slightly expensive then the green one. I will try to "cook" the gold kiwi for angel one of these days and see how's the taste. Still haven't think of a good menu yet, maybe will just toss it in the porridge with some chicken meat 30 minutes before serving or do a kiwi oatmeal porridge .... :) :)

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

I think when you cook the gold kiwi, it will become more sweeter. Sure will be a very nice meal.

the little prince said...

wah...angel so clever to choose the 'gold' kiwi...may be the colour is nicer too.....
btw, where to buy the gold kiwi?...

If I am preparing the fruit puree, I dare not cook as per the internet said...I normally put hot water, at least the fruit texture is softer then it will be easier to blend.

Hope to hear the result of the Kiwi + Chicken...sound interesting!

MommyAngel said...

JT, yeah ... I do hope so. Will let you know the outcome :) :)

Yugene, I got my Gold Kiwi in Cold Storage. Not hard to find I think. Ya .. will let you know the outcome if I have tried them out ya :)