Wednesday, March 16, 2011

To Go or Not To Go


Really heart breaking to see what Japan and the Japanese are going through at this moment. I felt extremely sad for what had happened over these few days. My heart felt so heavy but still, following the latest news from CCTV everyday watching for the latest developments of the nuclear plant issue which worries me the most and the nation of future destruction to the country and globally.

On the early morning before the massive earthquake, I was having a bad dream. I dreamt that I am preparing for a bad Tsunami situation and I can see the pre-earthquake clouds starts forming above me. While the sky keeps getting darker, rains starts to pour, earth starts trembling, buildings and trees were swaying in a distorted form. We were running fast trying to avoid the collapsing buildings around us. People was shouting and crying. I was rushing towards the streets jammed pack with cars running towards home where Angel and Annabelle was. Rain pouring down my face and skies turned into a frightening dark purple, water starts rushing in under my feet from nowhere. What I was in mind was Angel! Annabelle! and I must find them fast ....... and suddenly, I was woken by my ringing mobile from my travel agent! *wipe sweat* I was breathing real fast when I could finally take my first breath. The dream was so vivid that I thought I was really in that horrifying catastrophe! I am so glad that I am not! I saw sunlight, I breathe fresh air, and I am just so glad that I am still alive ........ until I watched what happened few hours later to Japan.

I can do nothing and no one can do anything but watched the disasters and power of nature take it cause. I take the news with a heavy heart thinking that will 2012 become a reality? I am not worry about 'that day' if the day will eventually come. No point to worry too :P :P Just that I am curious, will that day come sooner then I thought? Are we so intelligent to correctly predicted that day? Just pure curious ...

I will be pray for the people suffering in Japan, I hope that those who did escape from the massive quake and those who were still stranded near the Fukushima nuclear plant can evacuate from the contaminated area until it's declare safe again. I am following the development of the radiation issue closely because, China is not that far from Japan actually (>.<)?. The effects of such radiation is just too scary for me. But I am hoping and I am sure, everything will be alright soon, I know it will!

However, another dilemma posted ..... we have booked our holidays to Seoul, Korea in the beginning of April and now, I am thinking whether I should scraped my trip as Seoul is quite near to Japan? I will not worry so much if I am alone but you can call me 'the most timid mom' on earth when Angel is tagging along. I am sure that the government will not alert the people too much (to avoid create too much chaos) if the situation is still under their control, until they have had not much power to do anything anymore which will be too late then. I called up my travel agent and they told me it's safe in Korea and asked me to wait for further notice if there will be any. (O.O)? So should I cancel or not cancel now? Such a dilemma ....

For me, I am still taking every factor into consideration. I am just hoping that I'm not being over paranoid. What about you? Will you go or not to go if your next holiday destination is near to Japan (e.g. Korea)?

P/s: I starts to think now, how about Hong Kong? (>.<)?
P/s 2: After watching the news, suddenly I have a strong urge wanting to joining the rescue team in Japan! Praying for world peace!

12 comments:

CathJ said...

If it was not regarding about the Nuclear spread.. I would have said.. go for it.. But looking at the situation on their nuclear.. 1 after another into fire.. worried how far the wind ca bring the nuclear..

If you asking me.. For now.. my answer will be.. NO. But it's all depends on your instinct.. ^_^

All the best.. :D

MeRy said...

You should follow your instinct..if you feel safe to go,then go ahead.
Gather more information about what is happening in Korea,is there any rumours any disaster goin to happened there,if everything seem looks fine,then just carry on with your trip next month.

Alice Law said...

Wow, you actually have a prediction dream right before the incident! Impressive!

Well, if the money can be refund I'll probably cancel the tour, if not... I'll go but highly likely without my little ones!:)

Mummy Moon said...

Agree with Alice if it is refundable or just partially refund, then cancel and plan later. If not, just wait and see how is the situation going on and make the final decision before fly. Perhaps everything turn be fine when time goes.

Serene said...

To be very honest.... I will definitely NOT to go. Call me KIASI! Like what CathJ mentioned, we won't know how far the wind can bring the nuclear.

Mummy Gwen said...

Agree with the others...try to postpone lor.

the little prince said...

I will not take any risk just like others!!- try to postponed then....

Small Kucing said...

dont know...there are some website that predicts the next earthquake will be in China and the pakistan. Hope it's not true

Oliveoylz said...

It's as if you had a premonition which came in the form of your dreams...I feel for all the victims in Japan too! As for your coming trip to Korea, if I were you, I would play by ear and monitor the situation for a few weeks first.

cre8tone said...

Korea should b ok gua.. Anyhow, just follow what your heart tell you...

Merryn said...

Last time when we booked Japan, then the world was scare with SARS remember? We postponed our trip till about 6 months later.. just to be safe, u know?

Kristie said...

omg u had a dream abt it? what a coincidence... follow your instincts dear, take care ;)