Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Telling The Time [3Y8M]

I have started some simple activities with Angel on our leisure time such as simple word recognition, arts and crafts, logical thinking, simple math, etc but the one she was most interested in was “telling the time”. *Ya, I know, better be late then never :P :P* As our table clock has the little short hand for alarm hence she is always confused between the short hand and the alarm indicator. So finally I have to resort for this little cardboard clock which can be easily found in any book store and oh boy, she was so happy with her new toy!



She is progressing well and would correctly indicate where the “X” O-Clock and Half-Past “X” and still practicing her ‘a quarter past’ and ‘a quarter to’. For example, when it’s 3:45 PM, she would confused whether it is a quarter to 2 or a quarter to 3 coz her eyes will always telling her that it's not yet reaching the number 3 so it shouldn’t be a quarter to 3 :P

On every napping time, She would now asked me the same old question which is, "Mommy, what time do I sleep" and "Mommy, what time do I wake up?" without fail. Lately she also starts digging out all her previous Mickey watches which she got as a gift from us and wear it to bed all the time and even thinking to wear them to bath. When she found out all the batteries have run flat, she would tell me that her watches are all 'broken'!! *smile*

I am not planning to replaced the batteries as yet for all her watches were showing 'digital time' (xx : xx pm)and I don't want to confused her further with what she has learn at this moment. Maybe one of these days, I would get her a decent mechanical hands indicating watch to have more ‘practice’. Too bad that I don't have my own garden here or else, I would even considering getting my own Sundials on one of those nice Pedestal bases which will surely looks great in a beautiful garden :P

6 comments:

Small Kucing said...

good activity :D

CathJ said...

That is a cool book... I am teaching my boy looking at the time now too... at least he can give us a 'little hint' on what time is it now.. he will tell... long arrow go 12..short arrow go 5... something like that.. ~.@

LittleLamb said...

very advance. philip is no where learning how to read time yet

2ma said...

good job angel!!! it is good to know she is keen to learn and that's the reason why she kept asking you abt time?? *haha*

ChloeRuoyi said...

What do you mean Better Late Than Never? Angel is far more advanced than Chloe leh... Chloe can only tell the time when it is xx o'clock... anything in between, she doesn't know.

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Sarah paling bagus in telling me and reading 12 o'clock, coz that's the time I will pick her up from school.:-)