Thursday, December 23, 2010

She Does Not Speak Mandarin

At the playground, Angel met new friends A & B:

Kid A: 来。。。 小妹妹,我们一起玩!(Come play with us.)
Angel: Come! Sit there! You sit there! *pointing at the seesaw*

Kid B: *referring to kid A* 她说什么??她说英语??(What she says? She is speaking English?)
Angel: Jie Jie come here! Sit THERE! You sit THERE!!! *says it LOUDER*

Kid A: 我不会说英语啦! (I don’t speak English!)
Kid B: 你说中文!!(Can you speak Mandarin!!)

Angel: 。。。。。*in mandarin* 一,二,三,四,五,六,七,八,九,十!!
(she recites her 1,2,3,4 in mandarin :P :P :P)

That’s the best she can do ^_^


^ ^ Finally, they manage to communicate ...


****************


Strangers: Come here 宝贝! (bao-bei)
Angel: I AM NOT 宝贝! (bao-bei)!! I - AM - ANGEL!!!!
*and she makes a very angry face too :P*

****************


But she is improving ....

Mommy: Angel, speak Chinese please!
Angel: Ni-hao! (你好!)

Mommy: What’s next?
Angel: Wo-Shi-Angel 。(我是Angel。)

Mommy: And …..??
Angel: *thinking hard* ……. Xie-Xie! (谢谢!)

Mommy: Somemore?
Angel: Zai-Jian! (再见!)

Mommy: That’s it?
Angel: But I already said Zai-Jian (再见) ah!
@_@

9 comments:

Small Kucing said...

i find myself laughing out loud when she say 1,2,3......so funny.

Vickylow said...

since she is master in English already, start talk with her in Mandarin loh. I also start talking Mandarin with my gal. Now she can talk some but normally a sentence will have 2 languages. haha

LittleLamb said...

is she attending school? my cousin whom got relocated to beijing, her 4 yo (totally banana) can speak mandarin in less than 1 yr. Of course..she is attending half day school. How about Angel? If she attends school, I think she can pick up very fast.

Alice Law said...

LOL! That's so cute of her! I can see she really improves a lot, at least the content is getting more hilarious!^-^

Mummy Gwen said...

Haha...Gwen only knows 1-10 in Mandarin. At least Angel knows more than Gwen. I also don't know how to teach Gwen Chinese coz I can't speak Mandarin.

MeRy said...

Angel is so cute....should speak more Mandarin at home.

CathJ said...

hehehe... funny to hear Angel count her numbers just to show she can.. but at least she understand.. :D

I am worried with my boy.. he can't even understand.. and my in law desperately wanting him to be in Chinese school after Kindergarten.. let see how he goes.. -_-

BoeyJoey said...

so cute!!! haha, Angel's so so cute :-D. I like the last part especially, "but i said zai jian already!" so witty of her :-D

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

LOL, Angel already tried her best to "squeeze" out the words:-)