Wednesday, September 09, 2009

She Loves Mango!!


Angel absolutely loves mangoes! Her favourite fruit used to be bananas and apparently not anymore. Nowadays, she would walk pass those bananas display on the table, instead, she would be pointing at the mango tree at our backyard telling us that she wants “mango” ^_^


So whenever Angel’s grandpa is preparing the mangoes for her, she would have all the patience in the world, standing at the back of her grandpa in the hot kitchen, watching his every move peeling and slicing the mangoes. If she gets bored after the long wait, she would swinging her hands back and forth, sometimes swing her hands hard left and right as if doing a spin, or putting her hands at her back while tapping her feet, sometimes she will even raised her feet a little looking whether her mangoes is ready on the kitchen table or not, etc. And no matter what she did, one thing for sure is she will never ever moved away from that spot until she gets hold of her bowl of freshly peeled mangoes.


Normally Angel’s grandpa would separated them into individual bowl and if Angel was requested to pass her grandma’s portion to her grandma first, she would be very anxious and become very ‘kan-cheong’ then she would asked “Angel de?? Angel de??” until she was shown that her portion is in another bowl on the table. Then after she has done all the distributing and finally gets her potion, she would hold her bowl extra carefully with eyes glued to the mangoes at all times while having a big grin happily face marching out from the kitchen.

I didn’t expect that she would love mangoes so much and I guess, that must be in the gene, mommy’s gene :P :P

35 comments:

CathJ said...

Heehehhe... I can imagine how she swing the hand, waiting... lol..lol...

Very cute...! hehehehhe...

Merryn said...

so anxious yet can still stand at such a distance eh? if ethan, dah climb all over me like monkey. very good this angel. so tegak there somemore. haha..

angel, auntie merryn loves mango too.. can share ah?

ChloeRuoyi said...

Ooh I absolutely LOVE mangoes too. In fact I've never seen anyone who doesn't like mangoes until I gave birth to one haha. Chloe doesn't like mangoes no matter how sweet they are :-(

Mummy Gwen said...

Angel is the mango queen now..hehe..she has great taste. Mangoes are very NICE..yum. She is so patient waiting for her mangoes ya..CUTE.

That's ALOT of mangoes from your mango tree huh. *salivate*

coffeesncookies said...

Amber loves mangoes too but I try not to give so frequent, can be quite heaty. You know, I love so see Angel enjoy her food. So "hoi wai", a darling to feed. She's a good little girl !

UmmiRosma said...

Mangoes are my fav too. I think the mangoes shown in the picture are called 'mangga telur' here. This is the best mango type here. I really love it.

Oh..im amazed to see Angel enjoying the mango slices using the fork. So..cute!

My kids love watermelon now..beside bananas...

Sha@Mama TinaAzra said...

aiyoh..can stand for that long for mangoes ha..such a patient girl la..how cute seeing her waiting..I can imagine that!

Mummy Moon said...

Hehe, she is cute! I like mangoes too. But not dare to eat too much, my mom said mango is not a good fruit, especially for kids, easy cause cough and phelegm

the little prince said...

:-)..Angel so cute!!

Can make mango pudding for her too!

Linda said...

OMG... I love the standing and waiting part.... so cuuuuuteeee....
I miss my mango tree in my hometown...

Fussy mum said...

Both my girl and I love mangoes too especially the really sweet ones. Angel is a patient little girl, she can really wait patiently for her mangoes. How cute! :)

LittleLamb said...

PHilip also loves mango. i hv to refrain him from eating..otherwise too heaty right??

Oliveoylz said...

Her expression tells all...She's loving it! How nice to have a mango tree in the backyard! I bet that's Angel's tree!

2xMum said...

I love mango too!! :)

Adrine said...

ha hahhh..... so cute lar, the way she waits for her mangoes, and at a distance somemore !!!

janice said...

she is so cute.. just as angelic as her name.. hehehe..

Mummy Ryan said...

Wow so yummy...Angel can gv unty KC some....bcz mango also unty KC favorite fruit leh...yum..yum...:)

Mommy to Chumsy said...

hehhehe...i love to see photos of Angel eating. She seems to enjoy all her food :) i wish mine would eat some mangoes.

cre8tone said...

Yummy Mango!

Lybil said...

Haha, look at her satisfying look, so cute! I love mango too! Angel has good taste bud :D

Zooropa said...

Little Angel looks so enjoy her mangoes and she so cute standing behind her grandpa waiting to be served!

Drop-by here & love to read your blog. Cheers...

Dora:-)

Angeline said...

Yippee!!!
We can be great friends!
*hi-five*

Mangoes are my FAVOURITE of all favourites!

Mumsgather said...

So cute and so patient. Mine would probably ask to "curi makan" already. Hehe.

Irene said...

check out her facial expression while eating the mango. mciam bliss only! hahaha! so cute. i love mangoes too :)

BoeyJoey said...

Angel is so patient waiting for her mangoes... somemore serve to her grandma first... good girl! :-)

MommyAngel said...

Dear All, thanks for dropping me those lovely comments and also highlighted to me about the fruit of mango :) It's such a nice fruit to eat but have to be taken moderately I guess :)

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

I think it is normal that girls loves sweet and sour food.

Your house has a mango tree? So nice! You can pluck them at anytime.

Haha...Angel even will tapped her feet while waiting for her mango to served.

smallkucing said...

I want too

Ann said...

Hahaha....so cute....waiting for her mangoes like that!!! Ooohhh....I love mangoes too!!

2ma said...

aiseh... eyes glued to the mangoes *hehe* so cute!

wenn said...

hi..mango is definitely nutritious..

Denesa said...

To make it more nutritional, mango milk shake tastes very good too:)

c a b b i e n a said...

shes so cute
my kids lov mango 2

Esmeralda said...

Oh... I love mangoes too.. can I have a share pls Angel? Hahaha... so u were back in KK during Raya time Caroline?

coffeesncookies said...

hi.. haven't heard from you for a while. everything ok ?