Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Lacing Beads


This is the newest addition I bought for Angel last month. The wooden beads are Thailand made (I bought in Bangkok) and very good quality too. They were made from soft rubberwood and painted in soy ink which is definitely safe for young toddlers, and comes with different shapes and colours with a tiny hole in the middle of the beads. Kids were required to thread the laces through the beads in order to make necklace or anything out of their imagination. I love the fact that it’s a very good toy for exposing young toddler to a new motor skill - Treading that is as I bet Angel didn’t get to do that quite often in her daily activities. Also, I think it’s also very good in showing young toddlers the logic of sequence as well as a good training for their hand-eye coordination.

I just couldn't have enough watching her looking 101% concentrated in getting the laces to pass through those beads but so far, she only manage to get few done before asking for help! It should be a good training for Angel’s patience as well because it’s not an easy task wanting an active kid like Angel to be able to sit still on her high chair and doing the treading process without making much noise or big movements. Once she is having enough of her treading which is only 5 - 10 minutes as a start, I would let her come down and start exercising her little muscles :) So far, I can only say that she is getting better in that area day by day ^_^ Way to go Angel!!!

Angel seldom looks so serious in playing with her new toy :) Can see that she is trying very very hard ^_^ Oh ..... I love the look so much!

24 comments:

ChloeRuoyi said...

Wah she looks like a pro hehe. It must be very stimulating for her cos she looked really engrossed with it. It's a good buy... nice and colourful!

Administrator said...

good job...Nicole has never liked threading as her little hands are simply not skilful enough....Keep it up!

Leanne Leong said...

Hehe... Angel looks so serious yet so cute!! Those beads are so colour and in different shapes...

Merryn said...

Hahaha.. looks like a surgeon doing an impossible operation! I think this toy is a very good toy! Keep it up Angel!

Oliveoylz said...

a great toy for angel. look at her concentration level and patience. good girl.

Carolyn said...

Your little girl seemed enjoying herself very much doing it :-D

Julie said...

This is a very good educational toys. Glad that Angel like this. I have yet to start this with Jonathan. I don't think he has the patience like Angel. :)

Mummy Gwen said...

Wow..Angel is so full of concentration there..hehe. She is good in motor skills. GO Angel.

Mommy to Chumsy said...

ahhh..she is so engrossed with those toys :) btw, i don't she looks like a boy. She's so cute :D

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Now I know how Angel looks like when she is concentrating doing something. Very cute looking.

This is a very good toy. You always good in searching for some interesting and educational toys for Angel. She is a very lucky gal and you are a good mommy too.

Ann said...

wow....Angel is doing well. The beads look colourful and good that they are safe! How much did you buy it for? Where?

LittleLamb said...

that is a great activity. makes me want to have one for philip..so that i can have some peace n quiet for 10 mins...

Esmeralda said...

I love the look of seriousness in her too... Haha... sooner she'll be able to thread a necklace for u Caroline... Bangkok is such a nice place to get good quality educational toys ya?

BoeyJoey said...

That's a good activity for training little kids' hand-eye coordination ya!
I better go dig out HQ's old set for QQ to try... hopefully I can find them :S

cre8tone said...

Wow! She really concentrate leh..

2ma said...

wahhhhh.... she is really so serious about it!!! good investment!

mNhL said...

Haha....she looks so serious. A great toy for her indeed.

Sha@Mama TinaAzra said...

So serious leh. Hmm.. this lacing beads is a good activities actually. Thanks for the idea caroline..

But where can I find this lacing beads here? Any idea?

Mama Mia said...

she sure looks serious in her new bead toys..

MeRy said...

This is a good educational toy....I can't find any of this good toy at Sibu..

Angeline said...

That is so cool!
The most enchanting expression of a toddler is the seriousness in his/her eyes....

MommyAngel said...


Hweili, Thanks :)

Irene, Angel also will get frustrated sometimes with those beads :)

Juliana, yup .... quite interesting actually :)

Merryn, :)

Olive, thanks

Carolyn, :)

Julie, That’s why have to train since young :) That’s what I hope to train Angel too :)

MommyToChumsy, thanks dear for the nice compliments :)

Joanne, thanks :) I love to look for interesting and educational toys for Angel as I really hope that she will learn from play :) And also because I don’t have much budget to spend on all the toys in the mall ….. too many of them :P :P

Ann, I bought those in Bangkok ….. around RM45++ if not mistaken.
Rachel, hahahaha ….. 10 minits enough ah?

Esmeralda, yes …. Bangkok has more choices in terms of educational toys but you have to search real hard as the toy department is very big :)

BoeyJoey, Oh …. You have this set too? Where did you buy it coz I can’t find it in Malaysia. Even in Bangkok I really have to search real hard for it.

Peiwun, yes … she is :)

2ma, thanks :)

mNhL, :)

sha, hhmmm …. I have no idea where can find this toy. Maybe you can try toyrus? Coz I bought that in Bangkok.

Mamamia, :)

Mery, sibu can’t find ah? But I have a friend in KK she also manage to find it here leh …. But she bought long time ago la.

Angeline, yup … she looks very serious in doing it hor :)

Serene said...

Nice activities for Angel.. She looks very very serious hor. I think I seldom see this kind of wooden beads here in Malaysia.

MommyAngel said...

Serene, ya .... I think if they were in the market the stocks will also gone very fast! So have to grab it once saw it