Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My Birthday Treat (Part 1 of 3)


Hubby gave me a surprised by bringing us for a vacation to Ayuthaya, Thailand on my birthday. Actually our day didn’t started well as me and hubby had an early morning fight before we board and also when we were taking a cab from Bangkok to Ayuthaya, the apparently very polite and soft spoken taxi driver not only over charged us for our trip (1,300B), when he unloaded our luggage from the taxi car trunk, he tried to steal my purse (or should I say he has stolen my purse) from my hand luggage!!! Initially I didn’t feel good that hubby actually put my hand luggage at the back of the taxi trunk so after the ‘helpful’ taxi driver unloaded our stuffs from the taxi (while me and hubby was busy unloading Angel’s stuffs from the front seat), I just do a quick check on my purse ….. and I really couldn’t believe my eyes when I can’t find my purse there anymore! When the taxi driver saw that I actually checked my bag, he somehow panic a bit and go to his trunk as if he is tidying up the car trunk (he is either trying to hide my purse / left my purse back there to let me ‘find’ it) and there is where I found my purse back, under the layers of carpet (how could my purse get ‘under’ the carpet which was loaded with luggage if it was fallen out by itself?) and the stupid taxi driver still acting making a ‘relief’ face and sound and tell me I am lucky that I didn’t ‘left’ my purse at his trunk >:( He thought we were stupid!!!! Anyway, I am glad that at least my purse was still with me!!



We do nothing much on the first day and had our dinner in the floating restaurants beside our hotel (taste so-so but the view is ok and cost us 800+ B) and have a walk at a small night market where Angel chase some dogs there (she is so daring). After that we headed straight back to hotel. I am a bit exhausted and before dozed off at midnight, suddenly hubby “shoosh ….” me and tell me there is someone knocking at our door and before I could tell hubby off and pull the blanket over my head, I saw hubby holding a birthday cake with candles where the room service boy is standing at our door site watching me and Angel lying on the bed, hahaha ……. I am really thrilled and Angel’s eyes were so big staring at those candles!!!! Hubby sang me a birthday song (while I was still blur blur still try to figure out what’s happening), Angel tried to help me with those candles blowing and gosh …. The hotel actually surprised me with a birthday candle pranks (no wonder the candles keep lighting back) until hubby needs to take those candles to water them off in the toilet which he said he got nothing to do with the pranks :P The entire room was so smoky due to the candles but the cake taste so nice especially during midnights, so I am lying on my bed eating my birthday cakes and can’t stop myself from smiling don’t know for what! I also got a birthday card and an ‘Ang Pow’ from hubby as my birthday gift :) The funny part was the design of the cake, I saw something like an ‘apple’ character on my cake and asked hubby why ……. hubby told me actually he called the hotel manager to arrange for the cake and he asked for “a vanilla cake with strawberry decorations” (which means using fresh strawberry layering on top like a fruit cake) and the cake house actually made a vanilla cake with a strawberry pattern on top, hahahaha …… so that’s my lovely ‘strawberry’ deco cake, must have given the bakery such a hard time to think of how to draw a strawberry coz I don’t think anyone will purposely asked for a strawberry to be drawn on top as decorations LoL It was funny!!! But the cake was nice, I ate almost half of the 2 pound cake actually and given half of it to the hotel staffs :)


20 comments:

agnes said...

Wow.. Ayuthaya!!! a place that I wanted to go too!!! to see the Buddha statues!!! so nice..

I beg the experience must be contented since can 'rest' w/o the gal around correct??? hahahaa, how I wish we could take a short break like this!!! jealous lah...

nice place, nice cake, nice card, nice ang pao.. Enjoy!!

CathJ said...

Sooo nice photo!!! Oww... Thats hororable, a polite human can do such things.. Never trust anybody ey?? I will be very careful on our coming trip(To Thai chiangMai).Thanks for this reminder..

Serene said...

Lucky you get your wallet back! Wow.. you have such a romantic husband la, give you surprise brought you overseas for birthday celebration! I'm sure you must feel touch by all these arrangement. =)

cre8tone said...

Such a great vacation!~ Nice birthday celebrations!~

Julie said...

Good thing you manage to get your purse back else the whole trip would turn you down.

And the hotel staff actually created a prank on you? So cute.

Bonnie said...

That was danger..lucky the driver dint get to steal ur purse..

Your hubby such a nice n romantic person..*envy* This must be your unforgetable birthday ever? With so many surprise and with your Angel around..

Kristie said...

wow! didnt know u were overseas! :)

so sweet of ur hubby.... the cake is really pretty!

and thank God for ur purse... that stupid taxi driver...

Esmeralda said...

I really envy u lar Caroline... for having a surprise holiday just like that! Haha... so you guys managed to pack Angel's stuffs within (???) mins/hrs?? When it comes to travelling, I'll worry about Ashton's stuffs first.

It's so sweet of your hubby to order the hotel to bake a birthday cake for you. The cake must have tasted extra 'sweet' ya.. ;) You must be very "kam tung".. ;)

Angel must be very happy & excited to be able to blow the candles with you, and did she try to 'steal' your knife to cut the cake?

That taxi driver is so cruel lar. Luckily you got back your purse!

Btw, Angel is so daring chasing the dogs ya... Really a wonder-girl..

So where r u now? Still there? Anyway, do enjoy your holidays ya..

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Wowww...is really a big celebration. Your husband is really very romantic and sweet leh...

- Luckily you have found your purse..Thank GOD!

- The cake is so sweet with the strawberry patern on top of it.

Oliveoylz said...

What a nice bday treat. Lovely compilation of pics there :) Btw, I have an award for u. Do check it out :)

MommyAngel said...

Agnes, thanks thanks thanks …….. Ya lor, I am still all over the moon although it’s only “Ayuthaya”, hahaha. The place doesn’t look too good but the pictures turn out to be great!

Cath, yes!!! The driver is so polite and gentle but … really cannot believe that he did that!!! After I got back m purse, he still way ‘sa wa dee krup’ and say thank you to us when we pay him, uurrgggghhh!!!! I think he is 1 out of the bunch of nice ppl here in Thailand la. He doesn’t look like a thieves at all oh, wearing the taxi company smart uniform somemore, …. Should have taken his picture / the cab picture and file a complain la, sigh!!!!

Serene, yes …. I was very lucky this round indeed. My hubby is not that romantic la, just that after 11 years of waiting maybe he realized that I really need a break! Hahaha ….

PeiWun, thanks dear :)

Julie, you are so right, luckily I did got my purse back or else, everything also no mood already. Yup, the hotel staffs did a prank on me la, hahaha …… so ‘cute’ they were!!! :p

Bonnie, actually Thailand is a very safe place, just that this particular driver is the bad one out of the million :( Yes ….. very unforgettable birthday for me this time, and I get to celebrate at a different place with my little Angel and hubby, how nice ….. :)

Kristie, hahaha …. Actually I am always oversea with hubby just that I didn’t want to mention it all the time :) You think the cake is pretty ah??? Hahaha …. Long time I didn’t receive such ‘traditionally’ decorated cake already leh but I do think it’s sweet, special and memorable :)

Esmeralda, actually me and Angel has been travelling a lot with hubby in this 1 year time so packing really is not a problem to us anymore :)
-Ya …. It’s a surprise to see the cake because I didn’t expect him to get me a cake there actually …. Was still teasing hubby that I don’t have a birthday cake, no wonder he smiled cheekily that day :)
-Oh no … Angel didin’t get the knife from me to cut the cake because she didn’t know that the cake can be ‘cut’, hahahaha!!!
-Yes, Angel will chase the cats and dogs when she sees one, sometimes she will bark at them and the dog barks back, so funny!!!
- We will be outstation with hubby until CNY I guess :)

JT, not a big one lah … but it’s a sweet one especially the cake!! Yes, I am lucky to check my bag or else, don’t know how the trip will turned out to be coz no mood already mah. Hahaha …. The cake indeed is a very sweet token from hubby :) Didn’t get to see such traditional cake already but it’s special!! :)

Olive, Thanks …. And also appreciated your award :)

Esmeralda said...

Wow.. such a long holiday ya... :) Hahaha.. Angel so funny, she knows how to bark at the dog some more ya.. clever girl... hehe... Enjoy ur holidays then... I really salute u can travel like that with Angel.. hehehe.... pack and go style.. ;)f

Natalia said...

Caroline, you really have your "break". No wonder your hubby took few days off to celebrate your birthday. So romantic...you are really lucky to have such a thoughtful husband.

What a bad taxi driver...luckily you didn't lose your purse. Otherwise it'll be a bad holidays for your family.

Mummy Moon said...

Soooo Sweet , Your hubby every year give you big surprise on your big day? This is a nice place, isn't it?? Hope you post more picsss...

MommyAngel said...

Esmeralda, hahaha …. If you are always on the go then you will pack like me as well :) But of course, sure left this and that behind as expected :)

Natalia, yes …. At last I have my ‘tiny’ break :) I am glad that I check my bag or else, really will turn out to be a nightmare :)

Mummy Moon, thanks ya :) I think I am more surprise when the cake arrived at those wee hours leh with my hair so messed up and lying on the bed like nobody :P

quEeNie said...

wow, ur hubby is so sweet & romantic leh....
- luckily u got back ur purse

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Ei...consider a grand celebration lor.
- yalor, if your purse really get stolen (touch wood), it will definitely spoilt your mood.
- Thats why I said your husband is so romantic...got a surprise cake from him.

Kristie said...

wow so lucky, get to travel so often! do blog abt them, would love to read them!

Joanne said...

the strawberry cake so sweet as ur hubby, he is so romantic laaa...

MommyAngel said...

Queenie, thanks :)

JT, hahaha ... I have been hinting him for a cake for few days before my birthday :)

Kristie, ok ok .... will try to blog about the trips but sometimes the lazy bug is all over me :P Don't know why I hate to do back dated post ... maybe because I have a poor memories after giving birth to Angel leh, sigh!

Joanne, thanks! Yes .... as sweet and as traditional as hubby too :P