Sunday, December 21, 2008

What? It’s Winter Solstice already?

Ok, I have been receiving a few SMS wishing me a Happy Winter Solstice and I thought they were so nice to send me those SMS in advance. My brother MMS me telling me that his was eating his sweet and warm ‘Glutinous Rice Ball’ (TangYuan) at home and I thought he just will be too busy to celebrate it later ….. then a friend MSN me wishing me Happy Winter Solstice again …… hhmm, strange!! Not that she will not be MSN-ing tomorrow then I asked …….. OMG, now only I knew that TODAY is the festival and not TOMORROW …… and it’s 4pm already and I did no preparations at all!!!!! (Oh boy ……. I still told hubby yesterday to come home earlier on Monday because it’s “Winter Solstice”, hahahaha.) At the mean time, my bag of glutinous rice flour is still sitting nicely and happily with the rest of its’ friends in the supermarket (I was planning to get them tonight initially ….. @~@). Well, I think this year we have to eat out and also get those ready made ‘TangYuan’ from the market instead of making it myself. How could I make such a mistakes? What makes me think that it’s tomorrow? But I am glad to found that out at 4pm and not 4 am on Monday, hahaha ….. silly me :) At least I didn't get to miss the festivals totally :) :) Have a Happy Winter Solstice everyone!!!!

6 comments:

Natalia said...

Haha...my mom also thought it's on Monday. Luckily my uncle called & informed her on Friday.

Happy Winter Solstice!

Esmeralda said...

Happy Belated Winter Solstice!

Don't worry. As long as we remember, it doesn't matter when we celebrate it right? (or rather do you mind at all?) We also celebrated Winter Solstice a day earlier as we had a wedding dinner on last night. I also didn't make any "tang yuan" this year as I got no time. Just "chi-can" at my mum's house.. ;)

cre8tone said...

Didn't celebrate much.. Only make some tong yuen to eat...

MommyAngel said...

Natalia, oh …. Luckily your mom found out much earlier then me, hehehe :)

Esmeralda and PeiWun, seems like most of us didn’t do much celebration this year for this winter solstice ya? Me too, only eat Tang Yuan at home and watch TV only :)

Kristie said...

haahha never mind lah, at least got to eat tang yuans! i never eat also.. didnt go and buy too... so lazy :p

MommyAngel said...

Kristie, I love Tang Yuan and of course it's another 'reason' for me to eat more, hahahaa