Sunday, September 21, 2008

A Quick Meal

Angel was very cranky today and I don’t have much time to prepare her meal in the slow cooker this morning. So when she is watching her Barney show, I quickly search through my fridge and I found few items which I am looking for, Sweet Potatoes, Green Vege (Pak Choi) and a small piece of Chicken Breast. I just chopped everything up, add the Rice, Water, the Sweet Potatoes and the Chicken Breast into the wok, let it cooked for 20 minutes, then add in the green vege and simmer for another 10-15 minutes, the meal is done! As all the ingredient for today’s meal is very fast to cooked, so in just ½ an hour’s time, Angel's meal is ready. Angel doesn’t really fancy the vege’s taste very much but I think the sweet potatoes does some wonders in covering up some of the vege’s taste. She loves her meal and asked for more after her normal portion. She even pointed to the pretty colours of the vege in her porridge and smile at me :) I think She loves the colour. Green vege is certainly a healthy food for young toddler especially the fibers do help in her bowel movements. Tomorrow I will replace the sweet potatoes with some corn nibbles blended finely. I will try to look for some other vege options to introduce to her soon too since vege is not a highly allergenic food.




10 comments:

Administrator said...

that was what i used to do when I had nicole only...now i leave all cooking to rose...heehee...lazy me :)

2xMum said...

What a healthy and delicious meal! Good job mummy!

Mummy Gwen said...

Still manage to cook healthy and yummy food for Angel in such a short time. Great job.

cre8tone said...

Quick but healthy and nice and yummy meal :)

Esmeralda said...

Brilliant idea.. I never thought of putting all those in.. All this while I've been feeding poor Ashton porridge with chicken, pork and fish (alternatively) with carrots, broccoli and potatoes..

Julie said...

I haven't try Pak Choi. It looks hard to me. But will surely try one day since Jonathan can chew better now.

MommyAngel said...

Oh .... how nice to have a Auntie Rose at home. Lucky you .... so you can concentrate 100% in the administration job which I think is very good :)

Doreen, ya lor ..... I think eating vege is good :)

Mummy Gwen, I didn't know that I can cook porridge in such short period of time too until I've tried it myself. Last time used to give her cereal when I have no time to prepare her meals but looks like no need anymore :)

PeiWun, thank you ya :)

Esmeralda, wah ... I thought the ingredients you have put into Ashton's porridge is really healthy and yummy leh. Look at his size now, so tall and handsome boy so he is feeding more then fine :)

Julie, oh .... normally those vege I got for Angel will be those "baby" vege. Like the pak-choi I used is also "Baby Pak Choi" coz I also think that our normal pak-choi is a bit harsh on bb's tummy, what a waste if those food cannot be properly digested, right? For this baby pak choi, I think it's much softer then the normal ones and I noticed from her poo poo that she is doing fine. Unlike the corn nibbles where she totally cannot digest at all :(

Lybil said...

You are a very hardworking mommy indeed, able to prepare such a complete meal for your kid even you are in a rush! Thanks for sharing the recipe too!
cheer,
HN
http://lybil1.free.fr

MommyAngel said...

Hi HN, thanks for your kind words :) I will try to prepare Angel's food everyday coz I love seeing her enjoy her meal :)

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

I always like to see the meal that you created for Angel. Is all very nice colour when served. Not like my recipe!
I think you are right, the sweet potato does makes the porridge turns sweeter.