Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Not Every Kid Loves Disneyland

The school holiday is just over and we are back to our busy daily routine, waking up very early in the morning before my eyes were 100% 'awake' trying to beat the traffic to Angel's school.

School holiday mood is still all over us and innitially we were planning to go to HK Disneyland during the last school holiday but, we didn't make it at the end due to 'someone' is totally against it :(

Who?? Who else could it be??? Sigh ....


^ ^ I miss Disneyland HK, photo taken in Feb 2011


I thought that all kids would love Disneyland and it's everyone's dream to be in Disneyland (I do, although I am no longer qualify to be a kid long time ago) but I guess not for my little Angel.

We was there during Chinese New Year 2011 and she did enjoy playing in the maze behind of the hotel and also her big big ice cream cone ....


She also enjoy playing in the little activity room downstairs at the Disneyland Hotel and also have a whale of a time swimming in the hotel's big big bath tub ......


What she enjoyed the most was the 24 hours cartoon network in our room, refusing to go anywhere else but jumping on the bed doing all sort of acrobatic moves ...... *sweating*


Apart from that, I guess she doesn't like any of the rides and games in this fairyland.

And when the highlight of the entire journey - finally meeting with Mickey and Minnie that she absolutely adores in the TV, suddenly she cried out loud:

"Why they all are here?!!!!!! Why they come out from the TV?!!!! I don't want to see them here!!!! Wuahhhhh~~~~~" *She cried*


She refused to even take a look at them and her entire face turned sore! After a long session of crying while hiding under chairs and running away from the restaurant numerous time, we managed to settle her down making her gobble down some of the food. But her face looks absolutely pale and not happy at all!

My Poor baby! :(



Then after Mickey left, suddenly the crowd started to cheer on the other side of the restaurant ushering Goofy who is walking towards our direction, then suddenly I heard a very loud bawl,

"HUH!!!!!! NOT AGAIN~~~~!!!!! Heeiiiiiii YAAAAAA ~~~!!!!!! WHY GOOFY ALSO COME HERE AHHHHHHHHH ~~~~!!!!!!!" *bawled so loudly that everyone stares at us*


"MOMMY!!!!! I DON'T WANT THEM HERE!!! Huuu huu huuu ~~~~ Who asked them to come here????!!!!!!!!! Go away!!!! GO AWAY ~~~~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!"



I guess she just does not like the idea of all the cartoon characters all coming to life in front of her very own eyes. She is totally terrified by them looking so much bigger then in the TV and keep crying and bawling till her face looks like she was going to throw up any minute @_@ Poor little Angel.

So finally, after a few minute of watching them come and go plus constant crying wanted to leave the restaurant, she finally agrees to take just 1 individual photo with Mickey Mouse (so that she has something to show grandma) with the condition that we must leave the restaurant and never come back again.

What a waste of such nice and expensive buffet breakfast ..... :( She also refused to go into Disneyland afraid that she would bump into Mickey Mouse or any of his friends too :(


^ ^ A very rare photo of Angel with Mickey and it's very precious!


And now that she will be 5 next week and we thought that we would give her a real magical tour again, but she told us she doesn't want to go to Disneyland again, just because Mickey, Daisy, Pluto and Goofy were all in there @_@.

So, this school holiday, we ended up in KL visiting grandparent and family and then heading back to KK again, then fly back to the cold windy Shanghai instead of my favourite HK enjoying sunshine and great food.

We did have a great school break though and the holiday mood is still very much here for me.

The next school holiday will be in May and I think I am more anticipated then Angel looking forward for the day to come so that we could travel somewhere else again and sleep late!!! :P I am still in the midst of adjusting my biological clock trying to wake up at 6.15am every morning during school days. *yawning*

15 comments:

Small Kucing said...

LOL...sorry can't help laughing. Your description is just too funny.

Well, have a good rest and I'll wait and see where you travel next

Mumsgather said...

Your lil angel is so adorable. Anyway, its a good thing. You can save money by going somewhere nearer. lol.

Alice Law said...

My boy also kinda scared of those mascot, guess it takes time 4 kids to warm up and accommodate. nvrtheless, it looks like a great trip!

Mummy Moon said...

she is one strange girl.. Do you talk to her before the trip regarding how fun is Disneyland and meeting the characters?

LittleLamb said...

I think you didnt prep her in advance. No worries. i m sure she will like it soon. kids are always used to what is familiar to them, the envrinoment. so if there is a sudden change, very hard to adapt.

UmmiRosma said...

hehehehe...I giggle to see all her actions....so unpredictable ya...

I think she is scared to see such a gigantic cartoons appearing in front of her..!

However, at last she cooperated well to take a photo with Mickey...hehehe...

MeRy said...

Just wondering why Angel dislike Mickey & friends?,....bit weird..

Adrine said...

Oh dear, so cham, but yet so funny. Sorry, I couldn't help giggling. ;-) Poor Angel. Now I know that if I ever go HK Disneyland, I need to prep my girl in advance.

ChloeRuoyi said...

Angel oh Angel... she's just not a typical child :) I'm sure she will outgrow the "phobia" of meeting the characters one day. Wait till mei-mei is a bit older, then can make a trip there again.

Yee Ling said...

Aijor.....poor thing, but she is funny.**sorry for laughing** But she is just so cute.

Vickylow said...

hahaha opps sorry. She is really cute and special wor. She prefer cartoon character only appear in TV.

Linda said...

very unusual... well.. see if she will change her mind in 2 years time... hopefully mummy's dreams of enjoying the Disneyland will come true.. :)

My girl would love to go to Disneyland one day...

Mommy to Chumsy said...

maybe she has developed a fear of mascots? this reminds me of Ashley. She was so fond of Barney and can never get enough of watching the Barney show or playing with the toys. Then out of the blue, she just stopped liking it. She doesn't even want to see it on tv :P Strange eh?

CathJ said...

Hehe.. Angel...angel.... Hihihi... Actually some kids a afraid with all the big mascot.. I think me also when i small.. :p

izza said...

My daughter was scared of mascots when we visited Disney the first time. She never even enjoyed cos she keeps on crying but when we watched Flower Garden Festival on our second trip, she always looked for Mickey!