Monday, January 24, 2011

Bento#8: Start Bento-ing Again

My bento tools have been putting away for way too long, until lately when I am doing my Spring cleaning ……

So they were finally out from their hibernation seeing sunlight again :) Time to continue with my practice to fix my girl some decent bento :)




I fixed her a simple ‘bento-in-a-bowl’ as a start coz I can't find where all my bento boxes were (@_@) I really have to polish up my bento skills more because this very simple looking ‘bento’ has took me over 20 minutes to prepare! *gosh*


^ ^ ABC pasta with broccoli and carrots. 2 happy face fish balls, carrots flower and broccoli trees as decorations


Nevertheless, Angel is more then delights to see her first ‘bento’ being put in front of her after such a long time. She must be missing her ‘decorated’ meals so much :P She even thinking to call hubby telling him all about her ‘happy face meal’ and force drag our ‘Ayi’ who does not speak English over to her lunch and say, “See! Ayi, you see~~!!! It’s my happy face! 我的!我的 (it’s mine)!”


^ ^ She was all over the moon to see her special decorated lunch ^_^


She finished her meal with a lightning speed until I have to stop her from eating too fast and swallowing too quickly without munching! *first time*

Boy …… she must have been either extremely hungry or extremely in love with her meal!


^ ^ Her extra large portion of pasta was being gallop down within less then 10 minutes time! She eats finely chopped broccoli but still, no luck with broccoli in stalk.


She gave me a big hug and a sweet thank you after she is done ^_^ Oh, it always put a smile on my face to see this little girl’s smile brighten up while wallop up her meal with just a simple touch ^_^

A wonderful day to me and I hope so does yours ^_^

22 comments:

MeRy said...

Bento set meal...very nice.
I should get some bento stuffs and start bento-ing for Ryan too...

ChloeRuoyi said...

Aaaah! This is my type of meal for kids :) It looks really cute, yummy and best of all, it's healthy! It's appealing to us adults too. Well done to mummy for the great job and to Angel for enjoying and appreciating the good meal :)

LittleLamb said...

ur accessories.......
so many!!!

ok..i started bento-ing. but does not look nice. Today i mean a fish (sausage n nugget). will see if philip ate inschool

mNhL said...

You have got so many bento tools!

Love the way you organised them in boxes.

Love the meal you prepared for Angel. So nicely done. Colorful and healthy.

Small Kucing said...

so cute the Bento

Anggie's Journal said...

aiyo, i love the way she able to finish all that .. wish my boy can b like girl ... envy ... i cook cook cook, Jeremy only eat lil .

Anggie's Journal said...

i means wish Jeremy like half of ur girl .. big eater :P

Mommy to Chumsy said...

very nice bento. bet she ask for it every day huh? i don't have the patience nor the skill to do bento :D

KenMAHD said...

Hi Mummy Angel :)

visiting u here from Cath's blog :)

followed u and added u in my bloglist :)

the little prince said...

What a nice bento 'kit' you have - soooo many!!

Lucky Angel to have her super mummy to prepare for her meal!

Mummy Gwen said...

Wah..so many Bento supplies!!! I only have less than 10%..hehe. The bento is really yummy. You are good at this...as always.

Vickylow said...

wow your bento accessories are some complete and LOTS~~ keke

CathJ said...

Oh wonderful...

there... have to prepare more cute foodie to have daily hugs and sweet thank from Angel.. :)

My boy.. sigh.. no luck lah even have cute decor food.. *cry a bucket*.. as long as he see orange or green colour in the rice.. he will pick all that out.. *double sigh*

Mummy Moon said...

Nice bento for Angel! I bet all kids will like it.

By the way, how you cook your ABC pasta, is it qing tong soup?

cre8tone said...

Wah!!! She can eat a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your tools also a lot.. haha! and well-organized.. :)

Leona said...

Hi.. came by a few days ago but couldn't leave a comment.

Thanks for dropping by blog...

Yeah bento-ing is fun. Love to see all the creative juices from all the lovely creations... and importantly it makes the kids enjoy their meals.

MommyAngel said...

Mommy Moom: For the ABC pasta, normally I will cook it with qing tong soup like you said or sometimes, I will pour whatever soup I am cooking that day to serve with it. ABC soup normally.

anney said...

The food you prepare must be really yummy!I love those smiling fishballs! I need to practice bento-ing too!

Kristie said...

yummy! even i would enjoy it ;)

Alice Law said...

LOL, that's a very hearty and sweet bento! Great job mommy and your hard work paid off!;D

Sha@Mama TinaAzra said...

I love this post..the meal look so yummy. anyway..can u email me about the bento?

I really lost on it..what is bento actually?

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Owwwwwwwww, the sweet smile and big hug from Angel definitely worth the effort from you to make more great bento for her:-)

You should see my version of bento, much simpler you know, hehe.
So yours one, consider pro lor:-)