Saturday, August 02, 2008

Asparagus Porridge

I will blog about my Angel’s lunch for today. Normally I would prepare her porridge in the morning with slow cooker for approximately 3 hours and her lunch would be ready. I try to cook 2 different variety of porridge for Angel’s lunch and dinner hoping that she won’t get bored with her every meal. So for today, mommy decided that she would try a new food ASPARAGUS and her lunch would be Asparagus with Pork Meat Porridge.


Asparagus is full of a vegetable full of Vitamin C, Fiber, some vitamins B and Folic Acid and protein. (http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/). However, asparagus does caused some gassiness in some babies so mammies might want to take note of that and avoid giving to bb below 10 months old and also bb with digestive issues. After washing and chopped the Asparagus into smaller pieces, I would wait until the porridge and pork rib + pork slices is almost ready before adding in the asparagus and cook for another 1 hour to make sure the asparagus is soft enough for my toothless bb to chew (Angel has only 6 teeth at the moment). I would mash up the pork slice before serving them to Angel. Salt and other seasoning is not being added into Angel’s porridge and she is doing just fine with that. That is the reason why I would normally add in some extra pork rib or chicken meat just for some extra flavouring in her porridge. Those ‘extras’ meat and ribs would end up in mommy’s tummy anyway :) :)

I do hope that Angel would love asparagus as much as her daddy. I hope that she would also pass the ‘4 day wait rule’ just to test for allergies or any indigestive issues. Bon Appétit!

10 comments:

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

What a coincidence, I also think to intro asparagus to Sarah this time, but cant get a nice and fresh one..
So does Angel like it?

MommyAngel said...

Hehehe .... yeah .... what a coincidence. Angel like her porridge but the taste is a bit blend for us adults. If Sarah likes more tasty food, might need to add some other ingredient to make it yummier.

2xMum said...

Hmm... I'll take note of this recipe when my baby reaches 10 months old. :)

MommyAngel said...

Thanks for visiting my site:) BB Ryan is very cute and I'll add you to my blog ya :)

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

I c. I think is ok that let bb to have more plain taste food...hehe.
So, I will surely try on this recipe. Thanks ya!

Serene said...

I like Asparagus too. But never let my ger try before. Think will let her try more new foods, just like u mommies did!

MommyAngel said...

Joanne, yes ..... actually food served plain is very good for bb (unless they do not want to eat la). Happy trying ya :)

MommyAngel said...

Hi Serene, welcome to my little blog and ya, do try out the asparagus with your girl girl. Good luck.

Julie said...

Hem...gives me an idea on new recipe for my baby. Maybe asparagus with scallop will taste better since asparagus is kinda tasteless.

MommyAngel said...

Hi Julie, thanks for visiting :) I do think that scallop will taste great with asparagus. Your bb will be very happy. Too bad that my girl cannot take any seafood or else, she would also love it :) :)